Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#346611 06/26/04 10:32 PM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I thought we might have one thread where we can all post our prayers- to pray along with one another in agreement as each of you feel led.

Father,

Thank you for loving each one of us, for your mercy, and forgiveness, and for reconciling us to yourself through the gift of your Son.

Thank you for each request and for all that you are going to do in our lives.

Shul

#346612 06/26/04 11:53 PM
H
H
Thank you father for bringing my h to church this weekend. He was there last night, this morning and this afternoon. Praise the LORD!!!! Thank you Father for giving me the courage to smile and say hello to him as I walked past him. Thank you Lord that he responded with a smile and a nod. Thank you that your Holy Spirit is constantly tugging at his heart to bring him back to You!!! I know it will happen in Your perfect timing. Please keep giving me the strength I need and to keep loving him unconditionally, just like You love me. You are so good to me Father. Thank You!

AMEN!

#346613 06/27/04 08:10 AM
A
A
Father, I thank you for these two believers who have posted their prayers and ask you Lord to continue to work in their lives, their hearts and those hearts of their mates. Father, I ask for your healing of my brokenheart as you promise in your word. I ask Father for you to continue to guide my counselor in areas where I need help and need to grow. Lord, I continue to ask for your gentle hand in hubbies life. Lord, I know your will is for him to be free of his sexual addiction and for us to be a family that can give glory to your name through our testimony. Father, I know you love me...I know you sent your only son to die for me...Lord, let that be real in my heart and not just my head. Father, I thank you that you've been with me every step of this journey and that you have promised not to leave me nor forsake me. Lord, I know when I'm scared, angry, sad, feeling betrayed and rejected that you have not done those things to me Lord but you are right there with me. Father, I thank you and praise you for you are worthy of all the praise.
In Jesus Name I pray,
Amen

#346614 06/27/04 08:52 AM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Father,

Thank you that my husband has hit rock bottom and that he is coming to his senses.

If there is anything I can do to speed up this process, please show me.

I pray that he will have the courage and integrity to burn his bridges with the other woman today.

Please also help me with my job today Father.

Shul

#346615 06/27/04 03:50 PM
L
L
Thank you, Father for speaking to me, and changing ME into a person formed in your image.

Thank you, Father, for the time spent w/my H yesterday. May this be used to give YOU Glory.

Thank you, Father, that my H is "open" to your leading, and seeking. Let him know Your Way, and show him Your Path.

Thank you FATHER, for ALL your good Gifts to us!

Hallelujah.
Amen and Amen

#346616 06/28/04 05:29 PM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Father, I ask you to forgive me for not trusting you, for the thoughts that I have been entertaining.

Thankyou for the work you are doing in my husbands mind today. Thank you that he has moved out of the ow's place.

I pray that you will let this be a finalk break between them, that there will be no more contact, and I ask you to put someone else in her life.

Thank you for bringing him to his senses. Give him a love for us, and esp. for his daughter.

Bless him in this new job, and please arrange it so that he can come here often to see us.

I ask that you will also do a work in the lives and hearts of the people he is working for , and that they will not lead him astray.

Father, please find him a good place to live in the new town, where he will not get into trouble. Keep the prostitutes away from him.

Father, if he comes here tonight, let it be a time of building our relationship. I forgive him for all that has gone on before. Cleanse my heart of bitterness, and let him be attracted to me in body and mind.Let my words be those that will build him up, and encourage him.

Put a hedge around this place so that we will have the time we need to connect.

Let love rule in our hearts tonight.

Shul

#346617 06/28/04 05:35 PM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Father,

I ask that you would let him see that he needs to burn his bridges with the ow right now, that it is time.

Give him the right words to end it, and the courage to walk away no matter what she says.

Cause a permanent divide between them.

I ask this in Jesus name.

Thank you Lord.

#346618 06/29/04 04:46 PM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Father,

Thank you for forgiving me today.

I also forgive the desperado.

Help me not to LB when he calls.

Tell me what to say when he calls.

Thank you Father.

Shul

#346619 06/29/04 04:52 PM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Father,

Thank you that right now Kirsten is having a change of heart, and she is willing to give James another chance.

As soon as she sees him let her heart be broken, let her be convicted.

Please fix it so that she can drop this whole thing easily, with a word. Stop anyone from hindering your will in this.

Shul

#346620 06/29/04 05:40 PM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Father,

I just found out that he called her today.

Let the truth come out.

Shul

#346621 06/29/04 08:39 PM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Abba,

I was just thinking that maybe we could be praying for the other woman/other man .

You love them too, and you want to bless them and change their hearts.

I pray for the o/w in our situation.I know she is lonely, her husband died and she has needs, same as I do.

I forgive her for what she has done.

Father, I pray that you will convict her of sin. That she will know that what she did was wrong, and that you have a better plan for her.

I pray that you will find her a man- a husband to love her, and to love her kids and be a fahter for them.

I pray that she will realise that she was not setting a good example for her kids, that she is being a hypocrite, and that she would also be convicted of the harm this whole thing has caused to our daughter, who hasn't seen much of her dad in the past two years.

I ask that she would be convicted of th elies she has told, the disceit. I know she hates her kids to lie, but show her that she is doing the every same thing. She tells her lids not to cheat, but she is cheating. she tells her kids not to steal but she took what did not belong to her.

Let her see that she is better off without him in her life. That he was using her.

I pray that the man she meets will be nice looking, kind, have money to help her, and a person who is kind to kids. That he will not be attached or married, that he will be free to marry her.

Maybe the person for her is her x boyfriend?

I pray concerning him that he will start to treat her better, that he will give in a bit, meet her halfway, start meeting her needs.

I pray for them both that they will repent of their selfish ways, forgive each other, and begin to follow Jesus.

In His name I ask these things.

Thank you.

Shul

#346622 06/30/04 08:55 AM
R
R
Dear Lord,
first please forgive me for wherever I have failed you, whether it be in words, thoughts or actions and if i have failed anyone else. please forgive me for any doubts that I have in your plan for me and for any weaknesses I have in my flesh. Lord, thank you so much for everything you have given me and everything you have not. especially for your forgiveness and for my salvation. Lord, please help me to do your will in all areas of my life, please help me to do, say, and think the things you would have me to and not be an offense to anyone. please give me the strength, patience, discernment, and endurance to get through while you reveal your plan for my life. help me to help others.

please be w/my husband's family in convicting them to come to you and serve you as you would have them to, to convict them in helping my H end his A, and that they would also be supportive of me in what I am trying to do in order to rebuild our M.

Lord, please be w/my dear husband in touching his heart the way only you can. please convict him to end his A and turn his life over to you and that his heart be softened to me that he would want to work on our M. that our M be rebuilt in a way that is pleasing to you. please be w/the OW Lord and convict her of what she is doing, please help her to understand that their R has no future and that it needs to end. help convict her to turn her life over to you and that she will lose interest and walk away. Lord, please let her let go of my H so that we can truly work together on our M.

most importantly Lord, please help those who are unsaved to be lead to you in some way and that they would be convicted, repent, and accept you as their savior. please help me to have the opportunities to witness to others, help me to recognize those as opportunities, and that you will put the words in my mouth that I need to say in order to help win those souls for you. help show me where you would have me serve you Lord and that others in my church would reach out to me Lord and show me also where I can serve.

Lord, please let me have the opportunity to be the wife that I know you want me to be, to be the wife that my husband needs me to be, and to be the wife that I know I can be now thanks to the miracle you have done in my heart and life.

I also ask that you would give me safe travel to FL and back today and over the next several days and that even though my H seems like he will only be "giving" me 5 hours of his time while i'm there, please forgive me of any bitterness i have over that and that in that very short time frame Lord that I would be able to show him the changes that have been made and lift him up and encourage him and be the testimony I need to be and that during the short time his heart will be receptive and softened.

thank you again Lord for every thing you have done for me and watch over me the rest of this week. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.

#346623 06/30/04 10:59 AM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Yes.

Father, thank you for Roughroads patient trust in You , and for the work you have done in her, and for the way you are answering her prayer right now, everything you are doing in her situation.

Father, let her husband be overcome with love and desire when he sees her.

Thank you for what is going to happen!

I pray the same thing for myself and my husband, and that when he comes tonight he will be so overwhelmed with love and desire that he will decide right then to do the right thing.

Father, give him insight today how over the past years , his obsession with driving, getting a car has been fruitless, a waste of time and energy, and has caused him to risk losing everything but that if he will give up doing it his way and ask you, you will make a way.

That you want to bless him, that your way is a way of success and peace , and good things. taht his way has resulted in disappointment frustration and all his efforts have been for nothing and have hurt him .

Thank you Father for what you are going to do today!

Amen

#346624 06/30/04 03:39 PM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Father,

You know he is coming here tonight.

I don't know if he has broken it off with her yet, and I am stressed about it.

I want to ask him , but maybe its not a good idea.

Just please be with me Father, and help me be calm and serene and loving.

Thank you for whatever it is you are doing today. I am trusting you to do your part and I am trying to do mine.

Please put a hedge of protection around this place and let there be peace here.

Your will be done.

Shul

#346625 06/30/04 04:08 PM
L
L
I pray dear Heavenly Father that you allow Shul to get the answers to the questions that are in her heart. I pray she is a quiet and gentle spirit to her husband and allows her husband to do all the talking. I pray that she wins over her husband without speaking a word. I pray that Your will be done for this marriage.

Lunadove

#346626 06/30/04 04:52 PM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank you Lunadove!

(mouth...zipppped, lol)

#346627 06/30/04 09:49 PM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Someone pray for us. he is here.

#346628 06/30/04 10:59 PM
L
L
Praying for you now.

Lunadove

#346629 07/01/04 05:09 AM
S
S
Precious Lord, be with all those who have prayed and shared their prayers on this thread -- and with all those who are praying for them -- and let Your holy and perfect will be done for each of us. Above all, help us to put You first, not counting the cost, not limiting you with our small perspectives but allowing you to work completly in our own lives. Be with all the children who suffer, and bring them your peace and joy. Be with all the hurting wives and husbands who are bringing hurt on those they love; be with the OW and OM who are participating in that hurt; convict them, convict us, lead us, guide and restore us, and all for the sake of Your precious Son Jesus Christ, who suffered as we cannot imagine to bring us peace beyond understanding. In His Name, Amen.

#346630 07/03/04 11:35 PM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Father,

Thank you for getting me through this day.

I need your constant guidance and insight to know how to deal with my husband, Father.

I am so worried about him, his spiritual condition, but but he doesn't want to hear about it right now.
Help me to back off and let you deal with him in that area, and let me just be loving to him. Show me how to do that.

I am leaving all that in your hands, except to pray for him. If you want me to say something, let it be natural, let him bring it up, make an opening, and give me the words to say.

I pray for him tonight that you will gently speak to his heart about the things that he has made idols of, and also that you will break crsuh and destroy any bond or contact with the OW.
Let it be like in Hosea, that there is a hedge of thorns blocking their path, and that he will not be able to find her.

Thank you Father that he is starting to come to his senses, and see what he has done. Give him hope for a new start with us, adn with you especiallly.

Convict him, and show him that his way is not working, but that you can turn thigns around, and he can have a good life.

Shul

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 700 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation