Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#346671 07/29/04 09:09 PM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Father,

Please help me.

Please wake him up, heal him.

Please tell me what to do. I need guidance right now.

#346672 07/30/04 01:57 PM
A
A
Dear Heavenly Father,

Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Thank you, thank you, thank you for answering my prayers. I know we now have a rough road ahead of us to heal the broken parts of our marriage. Please give me the strength and courage to continue to work as I have. Give H the strength and courage to continue to stay away from OW and to get through the withdrawal period quickly.

Please allow us to begin the rebuilding process and learn to trust one another with our hearts and love.
Also, please heal H's illness and bring him back to You.

All power and glory to you.

Amen

#346673 07/30/04 11:16 PM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Father,

Thank you for this day.

I dont' know if it was wise for me to talk to the ow, but thank you for letting me show love to her.

I pray that you will convict her by your spirit, of the harm she has done to all of us including herself.

I pray that you will find her a man of her won who will love her and her children, and who will take care of them.

Let her be thinking of how she would feel if the shoe was on the other foot, if it was her whose Husband was with someone else.

I pray that you will bring good from this action Father. That this will help me adn my husband to talk openly and clear the air so we can start to be friends. Help him to trust me not to get upset or do anything hysterical. show him that I have born all this with grace and patience.

Let him know that I was very gentle with the ow, and that I didn't say or do anything to dishonor him.

I pray that no weapon formed against me will prosper- that you will frustrate any plans she has made for him, and that she will be seen in his eyes as manipulative, cold, hard, selfish.

Father, I pray that the atmosphere there will be very stressful for him this weekend, and that he will remember how peaceful it was with me, that I treated him like a king.

Father I ask for healing for my husband. You know his ways and you know what to do.

I pray also that he will not be angry at me that I went there and spoke to her. That he will know that I have a right to know what is going on under the circumstances.

I also thank you that he has not formed an attaacchment to her kids.

Please let him have a great love for Beth, and realise that he needs to dump ow right away before Beth is hurt by his contact with them.

Thank you that he did not consider bringing her there as ow suggested. I pray he will see hwo harmful this would be , and how cruel ow is for thinking of it.

Thank you for the love he has for me, and the work you are going to do in our lives.

Please guide me in how to proceed tomorrow.

Shul

#346674 07/31/04 10:34 AM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Almighty God,

You said that my enemies are your enemies.

I pray that you will deliver my husband from this woman , just like you delivered Isreal from Egypt.

I pray that you will send calamity into her life in such a way that being with my husband will cause her discomfort and that she will not pursue him any more.

I pray that my husband will understand that he is enslaved, and that he will seek to be free of her. That he will no longer be deceived.

Today he will have a sudden insight into how he has fallen in to a trap. The truth of hsi situation will become clear to him and that love will overcome.

Thank you Father, that he belongs to you, and that no weapon formed against him will prosper.

That he is yours, and that your word never returns to you void.

That greater are you who is in us than he who is in the world.

I cast down every imagination or high thing that exalts itself against you , from J's mind in Jesus name right now.

Your will be done Father, in his life today.

Thank you that your will and purposes for J will be carried out and that the enemy cannot hinder them.

Anything the enemy tries to do in J's life today will backfire and J will be delivered from sin and deception.

The enemy who has tried to steal kill and destroy is already defeated by your love .

Light always overcomes darkness.

Thank you Father for what you are doing.

#346675 07/31/04 05:41 PM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Father,

I just realised that it is a long weekend, and that she might be planning to stay there the whole time.

I pray that when he gets back from work tonight he will feel very annoyed and upset by their presence .

I pray that he will be convicted that he is not with his own daughter, that she needs him, and that he her kids have no right to his time or energy. That he will resent her intrusion in his life.

I pray that this weekend would be a sore trial to him, and convince him once and for all that he does not want to be with her, that it is all a bad idea, a nusiance and destroying his peace of mind.

Father, help me to be still as you work things out.

If I should call or message him, please impress that on me. Otherwise I will not call him.

Thank you that you have said in your word to me that my land shall be married. Thank you for this promise, and reassurance.

I pray for others here, that they will come to this thread to post their requests and that it will be a witness of your redeeming power in our lives.

#346676 08/01/04 02:00 PM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Father,

Things are such a mess that I can't see any way out of it for him.

I see so many pitfalls in his path.

But Father, I know that nothing is impossible for you.
I know you love him and that no one can snatch him out of your hand. The OW has tried to do that, but I pray you will deliever him from her.

I pray that you would give me the words to say when he does call, that you would tell me what to say, as you have done before.

Father, I pray that the enemy will not prosper. Any lies that the ow says , or any deception will backfire.

I pray that he will be so tired of this double life that he will know he has to give her up.

I pray that he iwll have a great love for his child, and for me, and that he will come back to us. I pray that he will seek you for help to get him out of this mess, and that he will know how much you love him. Help him know that nothing he has done is too big for you to forgive, and that he doesn't have to feel guilty. He jsut has to stop what he is doing and ask for forgiveness- that the love and forgiveness are waiting for him.

I ask that you will set him free.
Father, I remember a time when I kept backsliding over and over. I remember that I felt so guilty and condemned, and that I finally got tired of feeling that way, and gave up and decided to try and do things your way.

You were seeking me out the whole time, letting me go my own way until I found out that my way was not making me happy.

Please don't let go of my husband. He has to find out for himself, same as I did, that your way is the only way he will have peace and success.

Let his hunger for love and his pain drive him to you, and bring him home.

I pray that he will hear a word today that will convict him and speak to his heart, that will cause him to repent.

Thank you Father, I know it is only a matter of time. Help me to be patient while you work this out with him.

Shul

#346677 08/01/04 03:12 PM
C
C
Shul,

Just wanted you to know that I am here this weekend and have just prayed in agreement with you.

I am not familiar with your story, but I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you.

God Bless You. Cajeanie

#346678 08/01/04 05:35 PM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Cajeanie,

Thank you!

That means so much to me. It often feels very lonely on this board.

It is so important to me to have someone in agreement in prayer, and there have been so many times over the years that there has been no one.

God Bless you, and thank you so much.

Shul

#346679 08/01/04 06:31 PM
L
L
Shul,

SPEAK IT INTO BEING. This is from this morning's sermon in church..........
Ezekial 37....."The Lord said.....Prophesy to these dry bones...........speak, and tell them to come to life........"

Lord, RAISE UP Shul's H. THANK YOU that he IS a man of God. THANK YOU that he IS saved, that he IS following You! THANK YOU that he IS lving to please You, and that he IS the H You created him to be for Shul, and the father to their child.

THANK YOU for answering our prayers, for sending our blessings - Thank You that they are already on the way EVEN THO WE CAN'T SEE THEM YET!!

PTL! \O/

#346680 08/01/04 11:15 PM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
(Yes, Lupolady, I am so glad to know someone else understands the power of our words!)

Heavenly Father,

Thank you for the work you are doing in my husbands mind and spirit.

Thank you for the lifting of the fog this past month, and that he knows that he loves us, and that he wants to be with us.

The words I spoke to the OW and my attitude toward her is convicting her of the wrongness of her actions. she is thinking of how she would feel if the show were on the other foot. She sees now that she is doing harm to a real person, and she has no peace anymore. She can't justify her actions anymore.

She is thinking about what I said about her deserving to have someone of her own who will love her and her kids, and she knows that my husband is not the one.

She is seeing that there is another side to my husband ,that he is alot like her father, and like her husband was, and she doesn't like it.

She knows that he has been using her, and that there is no hope for a future with him.

She knows now that he is not for her, and that she has wasted her time.

God is tugging on her heart, and she feels it. She is remembering the truth she heard as a child- the Word, and it is convicting her of sin.

She is experiencing fear of God.

My husband is tired of living a double life.
He doesnt want the OW anymore sexually- he is no longer attracted to her.
He is only attracted to me now.

He has no desire to talk to the OW anymore, or listen to her. He finds her tiresome, and sees how it is all about herself- her needs, her stuff. Where he used to feel good about talking to her, like a good guy, now it just reinforces the fact that he is doing wrong.

His ego is not getting stroked anymore by anything she says. He can't escape the truth about himself.

Being with her makes him feel like crap.

He knows that he has done wrong, and that most of his problems are because he did what was contrary to Gods will. He knows that if he had trusted God, and been obedient he would have had success and peace in his life.

He also knows that he has to repent and ask God to forgive him , and he will be clean again.

He is so uncomfortable with his current condition that he wants more than anything to have peace of mind and a clean slate.

He wants his family back.

God is delivering him from sin right now.

H is remembering the words of that song Desperado, and he wants to come down from the fence and come home.

#346681 08/01/04 11:24 PM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Father,

Thank you also that as you have in other areas of my life, you are teaching me through this to trust you, and in your power to save my husband.

I confess that I have not trusted you with him in the past, and I have tried to help and gotten in your way.

I know that Your power is limitless, and that you have arranged circumstances and people and the timing perfectly to reach my husband .

You know his ways and you will heal him.

I don't have to worry or be dismayed. I can let go and let you work this out.

You have been waiting for me to trust you in this , I think.

You brought him into my life, and you had a plan all along, and it is working out just as you will it to.

He is yours, and you are healing him of his backsliding, and bringing him into relationship with you through all this.

#346682 08/02/04 09:22 AM
R
R
Please hear the prayer said above by shul, that she is one of your children and is lifting this need up to you as you have asked her to. help her to truly believe in what she has said and that she lays everything at your feet and allows your hand to be the one that has the reign in her M. Lord please help her to have an additional amount of peace in all this and to not get discouraged and to do what is needed in her situation. because we know that the things of this world are used to confuse us but that you are wise, that you know what's in store for us and are preparing us for what's ahead. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen

#346683 08/02/04 10:18 AM
H
H
Father, please give me strength to keep standing. Things just seem so hopeless for me. I saw my H saturday night and You know how I've felt ever since. You know all my thoughts Father, so I pray for strength. Show me where I am doing wrong that I may correct my ways to please You. Speak to me Father. Show me what I need to do. You know my questions Lord, please answer them. Thank you God for what you are doing in my life and my H's. Bless us both always. I pray that we may be together again soon. If that is Your will Lord. In the name of Jesus, I pray. Amen!

#346684 08/03/04 12:24 AM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Father,

We are having to walk blindly here. We can't see what you are doing in our situation, in our spouses hearts.

We know that our part is to show them love and pray for them, and that the rest is up to you.

But Father, I know that nothing is impossible for you, and that you will not give up.

I know that the darkness cannot overcome the Light. That the smallest spark of the light of your truth and your love can and will and IS working to show them the error of their ways.

We are trying not to look at circumstances, or what others say and do, but look at what you are doing today.

You have given us power and authority over all the power of the enemy, and I ask you to tell us clearly how to excersize that power in this situation.

We know that our words are powerful, so we speak in faith, trusting you, believing what Jesus promised- that if we ask anything in agreement it will be done for us.

We know that right now, whereever our husbands are, Hopefuls and mine, that the enemies lies are being dispelled by the truth. We take captive any thought in their minds that is not true, and we command that right now, they would see. The blindness is falling away like scales from their minds right now, as I write this.

They know in their hearts that what they have been doing, is getting in the way of the good plans you have for them.

They know that they will not have any peace or success until they turn from their sins and submit to your will in obedience.

They want to be clean, made whole today. Your word, and the message of grace and forgivness, the message of the cross is their hope today, that you love them and are willing to forgive and wash them clean, and give them a fresh start, a new path.

They are recalling the love we have shown them, our faithfulness, the acts we have done for them that have filled their love banks,
inspite of how they have treated us. That our love for them is greater than their sin toward us.

They are thinking right about calling to say they are done with the other person.

They will not be able to hear the accuser right now. We place a hedge of protection around their minds, that no lie, no deception can cross.

They are callling out to you Father in their hearts, for help.

They sense that you are listening, watching, loving them.

Even as they are at work, they are repenting. Nothing will distract them as they are being set free.

They see those things that have been idols in their lives as empty , not able to give them anything, not freedom or peace of mind, or success.

They have come to the end of themselves. They have come to their senses like the prodigal son, when he lost everything. The world has not given them anything except pain. They know now that they were lied to .

They are coming back into the fold. They are broken, bleeding, tired and dirty.

Father, thank you that you will clean them, wash them with the blood of your Son ,and heal them with your love.

The anger and fear is leaving and there is hope for the future taking its place.

Shul

#346685 08/02/04 02:46 PM
L
L
Dear Heavenly Father,
Yes, You have caught my attention once again. I am ready to move on. By moving on, I mean not having to deal with my husband ever again. I am tired of being hurt and disappointed by him. You see my pain and know my anger. Father, allow me to do Your will. Your will is my will. How long will this trial continue? I am tired and full of pain. He no longer even contacts me to keep me up to date on what is happening. Now he has stopped paying the child support. I am disappointed in him.

Lord,
I know You are working on him. I have left him in your hands for a long time. I know not hearing from him is for the best, but I am angry. Let this trial end. You are the only one I trust. My trust is in You alone. You have helped me when I had no money and no car. Protect me again, Lord.

Amen

#346686 08/02/04 08:26 PM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Father,

Thank you for what you are doing, even though we can't see it.

Help Lunadove to bear this a little longer. Give her peace tonight.

Let all things work together to accomplish your will for their lives.

Shul

Lunadove,
I know that things often seem most discouraging right before there is going to be a breakthrough.That is when the enemy works his hardest to try to birng us down.

I wonder if your husband is having financial trouble. Maybe this is a calamity of sorts to bring him to repentance?

I am praying for you, God will give you respite one way or another. He will not leave you in limbo.

#346687 08/02/04 10:45 PM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Heavenly Father,

Thankyou for today, for all that you have done, and tha you are going to do in my husbands life.

Thank you that he is turning around, that he knows he was better off with me.

I put him in your hands tonight. Please wake me up if you want me to pray .

Please tell me if I should call him, otherwise I won't, and if so give me the right words to say.

Prepare me for when he calls, what to say or do.

Until then , please let the Spirit guide me in how to pray adn intervene.

Shul

#346688 08/03/04 07:57 PM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Father,

I need to hear from you.

I think my husband phoned while I was out, and I don't know why, and I am distressed about it.

Father, please help me if he should phone to know what to say, and what not to say.

I ask you for calm in my spirit right now.

Thank you for what you are doing today.

You know that I have been through a battle today , but the bottom line is that he belongs to you, and the enemy can't snatch him away because he is forgiven and washed in the blood of your Son.

No weapon formed against him will ever prosper and anything the enemy tried to do backfired and is driving him closer to you.

I ask you to over rule tonight. I have not called him, I am staying dark right now, so don't let us have contact until it is the right time, and when you say so.

I ask for guidance and love. Mold me into the woman you want me to be - take away anything that doesn't honor you.

Father, please give me some private time to be with you and to hear from you, no customers or interruptions.

Than you for hearing me and for all that you are doing in my life and in my husbands life.

Forgive me for any attitude of unforgiveness or bitterness, and give me a clean heart.

Shul

#346689 08/03/04 08:59 PM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Father,

I ask that you will soften my husbands heart toward me tonight. I pray that he would realise the seriousness of what he has done, and that if he hasn't done so already, he must take clear action to end any other relationships before we can go forward.

I thank you that he doesn't care for the ow, and that he wants to be free of her.

Set him free, Father. He is a strong man Lord God. Let his strength be used to break off any wrong ties in a firm way.

Father, help me understand what he needs right now, what you would have me do.

I don't know if he needs some time alone, for you to deal with him, or what.I know he has been under alot of strain and I pray that he will come to you for healing.

Father I ask that you will put a godly man in his path, who will listen and speak your truth to him in a loving way. Give this person supernatural insight and wisdom to help my husband be reconciled to you.

Thank you Father, for what you are doing.
Thankyou for knowing his ways and how to heal him.
I ask these things in Jesus name, for His sake.

#346690 08/04/04 05:42 PM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Father,
He is coming here tonight.

I pray that you will let their be peace between us, and that we wil come to some kind of truce.

Help me to be calm and not to LB.

Clean my heart of any thing that is a hindrance to love.

Thank you that he is coming here. They will be done.

Shul

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 612 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation