Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
lcg_25 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
For those of you that know my story, I'd like to thank you for your prayers. It seems they are working.

I had been trying to get the truth out of OW (my sister) about her and my H having an A. My H also wanting the truth out because she was making him look bad, asked me if it would be alright to send a 2nd letter to her, he felt she would listen to him more than me. I went ahead and let him, but I also proofread it to make sure everything he said was okay with me. She responded right away, first in denial, then saying she had confessed to my mom, but she wanted to know why had he lied and used her? And she'd like him to help her understand.

I'm happy she confessed finally, but I don't feel very comfortable with her asking my H for help.
I want to do the right thing - the Christian thing. Should I allow him once again to contact her to give her the help she's asking for? He says he'll make sure she knows that will be the last letter, but I'm uncomfortable with it. Am I just being jealous cause she is the OW or should I allow him to help her since he's the only person she seems to listen to? Please be very honest with me. I am strong in the Lord, nothing can hurt me. Any advice and prayers welcome. Thanks!

S
S
My gut feeling is that it would be unwise for them to discuss this.

She sounds a bit unstable, otherwise it would be nice if you could all have this out in the open, deal with it once and for all, and put it behind you.

If there is any contact it should be with both you and your husband, presenting a united front.

There is no need for him to explain himself. Such things happen when there is close contact.

This is very awkward with this being a family member, but thats the fallout, and they should have thought of it when they messed around.

As for it making him look bad, well, it will blow over in time. People are not fools, they know that it takes two.

It sounds like she is hoping to place all the responsibility on him for this, but she was not forced, so she can't excuse her actions by saying he led her on.

Tell her that it is over, whats done is done, that you and your husband are solid, and that you have forgiven her- but the less you have to do with her, the better, for the time being.

Someday when she is safely in another relationship, and has moved on, there will be a time for the two of you to sit down and talk.

I think this is something your husband needs to pray about.

I honestly think you should have left it alone.

Shul

A
A
Praise you father for You are starting to move the mountains in this marriage.
In my personal opininon I think that your husband should not write her or have to explain himself to her. Just let it go and let God start healing your marriage. Pray for your sister and that God provide her the peace that surpasses all understanding. NOw you have to let her see you and your husband as one and that what God has created no man or woman should seperate. Let all wounds heal and with time God will give you the opportune time to talk to your sister about it. For now just keep your distance and don't let it add to the burden you are feeling right now. I will keep you all in prayer.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 570 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation