Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#347198 09/10/04 06:00 PM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank you for this day.

Thankyou for the work you are doing in me, and in my husband.

You are teaching me about what love really is- the kind that cares and reaches out to someone even when they treat us cruelly.

Just like the way you love us.

You haven't given up on us or our spouses.
Nothing is too hard for you.

Reconcile them to you. Deliver them.Heal them.

Help me to be a light of your love tonight to him, in word and deed.

Let you love rule in me.

#347199 09/11/04 08:45 PM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Dear Heavenly Father,

I turn my husnbad over to you.

I am going to plan B now.

If that is not your will, than tell me.

Otherwise I will not initiaite any further contact with him, and I will let him know that he doens't have to come here anymore, until he has repented.

Help me to have peace about this, Lord Jesus.

#347200 09/13/04 08:04 AM
S
S
{{{{{{{{{{Shul}}}}}}}}}}

look me for in chat....

PEACE lady

#347201 09/13/04 09:21 PM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Father,

H is here, and I am a bit stressed out.

I pray that your will be done, and that you will guide me by your spirit to say and do whatever is your will.

Let your love rule in me.

If there is anything that I need to change in my attitude, please tell me.

And I pray that you will breath life into my husband, by your spirit.

I ask that he will have a revelation of his condition, of hope , of love, of truth, of righteousness.

In Jesus name I ask these things,

Shul

#347202 09/15/04 12:27 AM
E
E
Dear God,

I cannot go on with the uncertainty, the lies, the hatred, the one-sided blame anymore.

You ask us to love one another. I admit that I cannot love my wife as she continues the affair, the blame, as she refuses to listen to me.

So I admit failure, I've asked for your help and either have not understood the answer, or you've simply been silent on the subject.

Thinking about the marriage has only raised my blood pressure to unhealthy levels, caused me to lose sleep and more hair. My work has suffered in the past year, and I don't feel any closer to you than I did a year ago.

I've clearly asked you what I need to do to feel closer to you, and I feel that you've not answered. I want to believe in you, but often I feel you are not listening to me. I certainly don't feel heard by you.

I hear the message that you can supply all my needs, yet I need to know with 100% certainty that you hear me, even if you don't agree with what I desire.

My desires this past year have centered around knowing you better, changing in a fashion that enables me to honor my marriage covenant, that makes me so much more attractive than the sin my wife chooses, and repairing an obviously broken marriage.

Lord, I've failed on all three accounts. I've listened for your voice, I've read your word, and yet I don't feel any closer to you, I don't feel any closer to a restored marriage, and based on my wife's behavior, I'm not more attractive to her than the other man.

So God, my prayer today is that you show me, as my faith is very low.

I don't ask for it all to be fixed today, but I do ask that TODAY you show me, unmistakably that it is you, what you want me to do.

My faulty human being wants to do your will, but I admit I don't feel you near me, and am growing quite frustrated with either your silence or my inability to understand.

Waiting on you,

TB

#347203 09/15/04 08:55 AM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Father,

We are listening the best we know how.

Please tell us what to do .

Please.

Shul

#347204 09/16/04 12:32 AM
R
R
Lord,

Sometimes it is hard to see your will. Other times, it is harder to obey it. Help us all to listen better, that we may both hear your message to us, and act on it.

Amen

#347205 09/17/04 06:24 PM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Jesus,

You said that no one can come to you unless the Father draws them, and you said that everyone who is called will come.

You said that you will not turn them away, but that you will sanctify them.

I am trying to be patient Lord, but it has been so many years, and I don't want to be alone anymore.

The only reason I see for waiting, and not divorcing him, is so that my husband will one day know the love of this family.

Help me wait one more day.

#347206 09/19/04 10:49 PM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Jesus,

tonight he is at the house, alone and sick.

I ask you to be there with him, and minister to him, heal his spirit.

Lord, even if the marriage is over, I still love him as much as ever, and want him to be healed .

It is up to you Lord. You are the only one who can reach him, you are the only one who knows his heart, and how to heal him.

You know the broken places, the hurts in him. Nothing is too hard for you.

Please, love him, draw him, deliver him, give him new life, and peace with God the father.

#347207 09/20/04 08:34 AM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Father,

I need guidance from you today.

I need to know if what I am thinking and feeling is from you.

Please guide me by your spirit, and by the Word.

Help me to be a blessing to the man you have given me to love.

Give me the words to say to him if he comes here today. Let him see you in me, your love for him through me today. Let it draw him to you.

He needs to know that things can be different, that his life can be changed and that if he follows your path he will have life and peace and success.

Remind him of your words about how if he will only feed the hungry and clothe the naked and not hide from his own flesh his healing will break out like the dawn.

Give him hope.

I ask this in Jesus' name.

#347208 09/20/04 09:56 AM
S
S
Amen Amen Amen

Stand strong in the Lord Shul, WE ARE NOT ALONE!!!

PEACE sister.........

#347209 09/23/04 11:17 PM
A
A
Dear Heavenly Father,

I have so much to be thankful for. Thank you for giving me a wonderful family, an abundant life, everything I need, and a secure place to live. So many people are hurting now from hurricane and flood disasters. Help them get their lives together and keep their faith strong. Thank you for guiding my life when I feel like I can't go on, for giving me the strength to keep praying for my marriage. please do the same for all of those people being hurt by unfaithful spouses.

Please continue to strengthen me and my H. Give us the courage to work to reconcil our marriage. Show us how to fall in love with each other again and meet each other's most important needs. Allow us to receive the full benefit of Your message through the counselors this weekend. Open our ears and our hearts to the message and show us how to put the knowledge into practice. Please give him the coping skills and support to stay away from OW. Give me guidance to realize how to meet his needs and make him happy in the marriage. Let us open up to one another and communicate without fear.

Please speak to H so he understands Your will. I believe he wants to trust in You but isn't sure how. Let him hear Your voice clearly so he can return to faith. I know it's not Your will to break up marriages. Help him realize this as well, that affairs are not "meant to be' because they just happened. He's felt he's had some signs but they weren't clear enough for him to be sure. Plese help bring H back to You and Your teachings and keep our family together.

Please let the weekend impart some wisdom on both of us.

Be with us and guide us. Help us cope with the situation and give us the power to work through the issues.

All power and glory to Your Holy Name....
AMEN

#347210 09/24/04 07:12 AM
S
S
Andi......agreeing with you in prayer.....

PEACE

#347211 09/25/04 11:22 PM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Father,

Thank you for all that you are doing in me, and esp in my prodigal husband.

Be with him tonight, and let the light of your love heal and transform him.

Give him a revelation of your love and purpose, and of the truth.

Let him see himself and the people around him with youe eyes tonight.

Shul

#347212 09/29/04 09:25 PM
S
Shul Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Lord,

He is here.

Help me to be a light to him of love.

Shul

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 476 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation