Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
OP Offline
H
Every Wed. we pray and fast for one another for resolution to our marriages and our lives. Every Wed. we can check in and let our fellow prayer warriors know we have prayed for the group. Prayer does mighty things and group prayer is even better. "For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst." Matt 18:20.

I will be entering the prayer post on Sundays so everyone has an opportunity to check in and to add their own personal prayer request if they want to/need to. Then on Wed. we can check in, hit the "Post Reply" button, and enter "Amen".

I think it will be great to see how God works in our lives and heals our marriages and us. If you want to pray with us I will be more than happy to add your name to the list below.

Prayer Warriors who are praying and being prayed for: -.{193 Prayer Warriors and counting}
cajunky . Ezra . Willgetthruthis . Godisincontrol . Natasha79 . JohnC . NMWBTWBD (Not My Will, But Thy Will Be Done) . Wallace . relady . steadfast and committed . morriggs . lupolady . stillwaiting . Broken Hearted . PasDeDeux . hopeful_person . GinnyF . justpeachy . cry2much . SNL . LostAgain (Dave&April) . Dodger (Rtron) . gloriachu . LoveNcare . JMF . WEN . NiteHawk . Absurd . LetSTry . AgainsttheWind . cemmerson . getting better . kellidiane . Terrified . BeeLee . idostylin . Resilient . thiscantbehappening . day by day . Jloves . broken x3 . Sue with Hope . sunrise1 . shepette . Malc . Faithfulwife . timbo-e . Angelia . FeelingAllAlone . broken_joe .

dopey . awake . trulyafriend . Is it to late? . stilltryingtosaveit . landslide . GODBLESSU . vega . LoyalWarrior . janna-m-r . ferbie . EpiphOny . Simmy . cajeanie . d_rose . lost_lonely . briank4775 . mayflower . Caged_Bird . LunaDove . goldilocks109 . darwud . Mrs. Darwud . Zuzus_Petals . adamv . Army Hubby . Gail (mojodiva) & Shane . bonnie five & H . TryingToKeepHope . Hopeful98 . Ighoping . SoTired (Mike & Trish) . evega . Douglas and Kirsi Nielson . Jessicafl27 . kimmy2 . auntielala . weezy8550 . miserynmissouri .STBXWife . sealfan . Jen Brown . SMIAJ . Cinderella . GreggC . trying_to_accept . solon . serenitydipity . ilia . lonejrock .

anchorhugger . Prayer & Patience . Chikar . Alex6 . Hopeforamiracle . fishlady . rookie . Made A Mess of Things . *DeepSigh* . boden . new comittment . deeplyhurting . jeff15679 . Bob Castaldi . k57mo . skottyjay (Scott & Melody) . TROD (Tony and Julie) . thisso . ladysheep . hurtmorethanheknows . singleguy . tryingTOsaveMYmarriage . Keesley . recovering_dad . Terrianna . javaContour . BH . Cheryls . cherry log . AD. . Suebee . REJECTED . LoveMyEx . LostHusband . kings kid . kwhittle . vividwhisper . imready2try . staeryn . JoeCM . mike729 . Ridingtherollercoaster . DREslinger . ecpsap . Mr.Miew . StandingTogether . Alcoholic?s Wife . gentle . Stung by a Bee . maximus1 . Blended family girl . Diamonzzz . sctaylor . RichardF . bygraceamfree . butterflie . FinallyLearning . angielt . luke parrish . sadmama . Timeheals . OuchThisHurts . mojo95 . Cherylpa . nvrgvup . Titleist . auto009988 . Hope92 . JLight . Culprit007 and hubby . ddc03 . new_beginning . Waiting On My Change . allmyloveforever . jamesp . wontgiveupyet . gzangel . wahoodee . sad and tired . ruffled . Shul . Learning Lots . prayingforchange . ChangingMan . rosj . txsunnyblueskies . roughroad . sprezzatura . SurvivingInNC . angels9 . Deja Vu . tanelornpete . cuteIShot . GWK .

Prayers Answered/God's Gifts to Us:

Richard F (able to spend the day of 1st d-day anniv w/wife) . GWK (went away for the weekend w/ wife, she has agreed on MC) . Hopeful98 (H went to church and was able to smile and say hello to him) . Shul (H wants to turn back to God) . RichardF (expecting a little blessing from God - baby!) . Shul (had opportunity to show love and friendship to H) . Lupolady (H continues to make contact each week) . StandingTogether (H has agreed to read The Five Love Languages together) . Titleist (W moved back home) . hopeful98 (H went to church again) . LunaDove (God kept her out of trouble) . hopeful98 (H commented to MIL's H that he was not interested in checking the D status - doesn't care about it anyways) . LunaDove (received a pay raise and is getting a good tax return - God is taking care of her and son) . Hopeful_person (remarried her H in Jan. PTL!) . ItsInHisHandsNow (had a 3 hr conversation with wife) . LunaDove (God answered her question) . hopeful98 (H went to church) . tryingTOsaveMYmarriage (made a promise to God to give me a headache when I am not living His Word ? boy does my head hurt ;-) . lupolady ( was a Witness and Testimony to her faith to a woman in the vet?s office) . Steadfastandcommitted (W told OM she would soon be leaving her job, he replied that he guesses he?ll have to start dating) . RichardF (W and him went to a 'marriage weekend' together and have started communicating again) . TTSMM (stood by D in church when she did her first reading ever during her "First Penance" ceremony) . Standing_For_M (H is talking about MC; H is spending nights at the house; received $$ to payoff outstanding bills and bank the remainder) . adamv (talked and prayed the prayer of salvation with his 8yr old son) . finallylearning (has broken ties with the OM) . Steadfast and Committed (MIL left the hospital; his dog was found by the Humane Society) . Standing_For_M (H stayed over for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day; rec'd Christmas gifts for her and her kids and food/groceries from her mom and her job; had great talk with H on phone; H said he told a co-worker a story about when they first dated) . lupolady (broken arm is healed; bought herself a new car) . staeryn (H moving back temporarily to help with their new baby) . sadmama (H is ending A and coming home; her D's pray for the Prayer Warriors) . hopeful98 (R&R in Mexico) . tryingTOsaveMYmarriage (at Mass, a child was being baptized and my D said, "Look Daddy, another member has just joined God's family; D is doing a reading at her "First Sacrament of Reconciliation" service this Saturday) . Standing_For_M (her & H attended S' holiday concert and had a good time) . tryingTOsaveMYmarriage (kids were playing very loudly while W was baking and she didn't lose it, she let them have fun) . hopeful98 (had a nice conversation with her H) . Standing_for_M (had a five hour talk with H, some flirting with him as well) . tryingTOsaveMYmarriage (in my D's public school, they discussed things pertaining to the winter season, she said "God's Birthday") . tryingTOsaveMYmarriage (I struck up a conversation with a former Catholic-Christian and shared my life, experiences and "The Purpose Driven Life" with him. first time I ever shared my faith with a stranger) . Blended faily girl (found a job within a Christian environment and received a raise) . Blended faily girl (the Lord placed a strong Christian woman in her life for a "Purpose") . Blended faily girl (four hour Bible study with sister on phone) . Standing_for_M (her H stayed the night, on the sofa, after visiting her and the children) . tryingTOsaveMYmarriage (a wonderful Thanksgiving with my wife and children - no fighting or talk of divorce) . Standing_for_M (her H's heart is softening by his actions towards her and their children) . LoveNcare (her son returns to his wife after 14 months) . lupolady (hard cast taken off her arm) . kings kid (good news about her biopsy) . Terrianna (daughter not moving away) . Steadfastandcommitted (wife is back and we are planning to renew our wedding vows in our church) . tryingTOsaveMYmarraige (D is interested in the Christian music I am listening to and asks a lot about God) . hopeful_person (H seemed more willing to consider a reconciliation) . GreggC (wife's heart is softening a bit and son asking about things in the Bible and believes in it) . WGTT (WH coming home) . d_rose (got a ways to go but we are going there together.) . Faithfulwife (GOT A JOB, Found a house, D is final and got a puppy that ?just LOVES me?) . tsc (marriage being restored) . janna-m-r (Husband came home and wants to try to restore marriage even though he is the BS) . Steadfastandcommitted (wife gave up other man) . Stillwaiting (Got to see her husband for 2 hours and his heart seems to have softened) . Stillwaiting (neice is o.k.) . cajunky (wife not engaged & did something with family, told me she loved me) . Free (Marriage Restoration begun ) . Againstthewind (Got job) . betrayed and desparate (sucessful cancer surgery) . WGTT (accepted into mentor program) . Movingonwithlife (Wife coming home) . cry2much(sucessful surgery) . Steadfastandcommitted (first string again) . Lupolady (air conditioner) .

H
OP Offline
H
The Power of a Praying Wife

Chapter Nineteen � His Past

The past should not be a place where we live, but something from which we learn. We are to forget �Those things which are behind� and reach �forward to those things which are ahead,� and we�re to �press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus� (Philippians 3:13,14). God is a redeemer and a restorer. We need to allow Him to be both. He can redeem the past and restore what was lost. He can make up for the bad things that have happened (Psalm 90:15). We must trust Him to do those things. We can never move out of the present into the future of what God has for us if we cling to and live in the past.

Your husband�s past not only affects him, it affects your offspring as well. More is passed down to your children and grandchildren than just the color of your hair and eyes. We can leave a legacy as painful and damaging as the one we experiences ourselves. We can bequeath a heritage of divorce, anger, anxiety, depression, and fear, to name a few. Whatever you and your husband can free yourselves from will mean more freedom for them. As long as you dwell in the past, you not only lose some of what God has for your future, but for you children�s future as well.

The events of your husband�s past that most affect his life today probably occurred in his childhood. Bad things that happened or good things that didn�t happen with family member are the most significant. Being labeled in a certain way by a relative or peer carries over into adulthood. Such words as �fat,� �stupid,� �uncoordinated,� �failure,� �poor,� �loser,� �slob,� �four-eyes,� �slow,� or �idiot� take their toll and imprint themselves into the mind and emotions well into adulthood. While no one can pretend the past didn�t happen, it�s possible to pray that all the effects of it are removed. No one is destined to live with them forever.

God says we are to cry out for deliverance, walk in His ways, proclaim His truth, and then we will find freedom from our past. But sometimes there are levels of freedom to go through. Your husband may think he�s gotten free of something and it will rear it head again, leaving him feeling like he�s right back where he started. Tell him not to be discouraged by that. If he has been walking with the Lord, he is probably moving into a deeper level of liberty that God wants to work in his life. Your prayers will surely gird him for the journey to greater freedom.

Being free from the past can happen quickly or it can be a step-by-step process, depending on what God is teaching. The problem is, you can�t make it happen on your timetable. You have to be patient and pray for as long as it takes to keep the voices of the past at bay so that your husband can make the decision to not listen to them.

PRAYER

Lord, I pray that you will enable (husband�s name) to let go of his past completely. Deliver him from any hold it has on him. Help him to put off his former conduct and habitual ways of thinking about it and be renewed in his mind (Ephesians 4:22, 23). Enlarge his understanding to know that You make all things new (Revelation 21:5). Show him a fresh, Holy Spirit-inspired way of relating to negative things that have happened. Give him the mind of Christ so that he can clearly discern Your voice from the voices of the past. When he hears those old voices, enable him to rise up and shut them down with the truth of your Word. Where he has formerly experienced rejection or pain, I pray he not allow them to color what he sees an hears now. Pour forgiveness into his heart so that bitterness, resentment, revenge, and unforgiveness will have no place there. May he regard the past as only a history lesson and not a guide for his daily life. Wherever his past has become and unpleasant memory, I pray You would redeem it and bring life out of it. Bind up his wounds (Psalm 147:3). Restore his soul (Psalm 23:3). Help him to release the past so that he will not live in it, but learn from it, break out of it, and move into the future you have for him. AMEN!

H
OP Offline
H
The Power of a Praying Husband copied from an old post by ItsInHisHandsNow

Chapter 19 - Her Obedience

You get the most wonderful feeling when you know that you have just obeyed God and it pleases Him. It�s seeing that, when you do things God�s way, the right way, life works. That feeling keeps you coming back and trying harder, because you just want to do whatever it takes to experience it.

The greatest thing we feel when we obey God is a deeper sense of His presence. That�s because there is a link between obedience and our experience of the presence of God. Jesus said, �If anyone loves me, he will keep my word; and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him� (John 14:23). He manifests Himself to those who love and obey Him. So often we sacrifice the fullness of His presence on a regular basis. She wants to experience the thrilling sense of God�s pleasure when she has obeyed Him. She needs you to pray that she will consistently be able to live God�s way.

One of the consequences for disobedience is not getting your prayers answered (Proverbs 28:9, Psalm 66:18). You don�t want your wife to neglect some of the rules and not get her prayers answered. Pray for the eyes of her understanding to be enlightened so that she is clear about the rules of the game.

One of the most common ways women can be disobedient is with our speech.
- We are not to be too quick to speak. �Do you see a man hasty in his words? There is more hope for a fool than for him� (Proverbs 29:20).
- We are not to say everything we feel, when we feel like it. A fool vents all his feelings, but a wise man holds them back.� (Proverbs 29:11).
- Our words can destroy people. �death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit� (Proverbs 18:21).
- Timing is everything. �The heart of the righteous studies how to answer, but the mouth of the wicked pours forth evil� (Proverbs 15:28).

Most women love to talk. That�s because nearly any woman is overflowing with thoughts, feelings, emotions, revelations, insights, hurts, and joys, and it feels as if she will burst if she does not share them with someone.

Communication is a woman�s greatest joy. It can also be one of her greatest assets. By her speech alliances are formed, emotions are healed, knowledge is imparted, relationships are restored, mysteries are unraveled, and world problems are solved. She loves to talk things out. Show me a woman who will not talk, and I�ll show you a woman who has had people in her life who never listened to what she had to say.

Every woman is well aware of the power of her words and what a long-lasting effect they can have (after all, a wife remembers things her husband said years ago, which he forgot 30 seconds afterwards). She agonizes over words she has spoken if she thinks they may have hurt someone. If she says something that is interpreted differently than what she intended, or if she speaks too harshly to her children or to a friend, she has deep regrets�.Your wife needs your prayers that God will create in her a clean heart and give her words that edify and bring life. She needs discernment from God about what to say and when to say it. And she needs to recognize when its time to keep silent.

No woman wants to be a complainer, but in her attempt to make life good for her husband, her children, herself, and others, she often sees things that are wrong and tries to change them with her words. If you ever find your wife saying the same thing over and over to you out of frustration of her heart, pray with her about it. And she�ll feel relieved knowing that you have committed it to God. Se may even stop talking about it.

Speaking words that bring life is only one of many areas of obedience. Your wife wants you to pray that she will be able to do well in all of them�.Pray for her to hear that wonderful sound of God�s voice saying, �Well done, good and faithful servant.�

He Says � By Michael Omartian
God makes it clear that our obedience to Him is vitally important to our spiritual health. He says that it�s better than sacrifice. One of the most comforting things in my marriage is to know that my wife is walking in obedience to God. With that obedience comes a settled peace not only for my wife, but which gives a sense of well-being to our entire family. I know it inspires our children as well to walk in obedience to God. God can speak profoundly into each of our lives and give us a sense of purpose when we seek Him and walk in obedience to what He wants. I pray for my wife to forsake anything that stands in the way of her obeying God. Not only do I want to pray that for her, but I want to personally model that to her as well.

Prayer Power
Lord, I pray that You would enable (wife's name) to live in total obedience to Your laws and Your ways. Help her to see where her thoughts and actions are not lined up with Your directions as to how she is to live. Help her to hear Your instructions, and give her the desire to do what You ask. Remind her to confess any errors quickly, and enable her to take the steps of obedience she needs to take.
I know that one of the consequences for not living in obedience to Your ways is a sense of distance from You. Keep my wife from doing anything that separates her from the fullness of Your presence and Your love. Show her where she is not living in obedience, and help her to do what she needs to do. Your Word says, "He who obeys instruction guards his life" (Proverbs 19:16 NIV). Bless her mind, emotions, and will as she takes steps of obedience. Give her confidence that comes from knowing she has just obeyed You.
Lord, You have said that, "out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks" (Matthew 12:34 NIV). Fill my wife's heart with Your love, peace, and joy this day so that it overflows in her words. May Your Spirit control her tongue so that everything she speaks brings life. Help her to say as David did, "I have resolved that my mouth will not sin" (Psalm 17:3 NIV).
Lord, You Word says, "No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly" (Psalm 84:11). I pray that my wife will walk uprightly and that You will pour out Your blessings upon her. Especially bless her with the peace and long life You speak of in Your Word (Proverbs 3:1,2). I pray this day that my wife will walk in obedience to You and that You will reward her with an abundance of good things. Let the words of her mouth and the meditation of her heart be always acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, our strength and our Redeemer (Psalm 19:14).
Amen.

H
OP Offline
H
Are we still praying for each other on Wednesdays? I know I've prayed for all of you today. Please remember to check in so we know you are here.

God bless you!!

H98

S
S
I am here.

What a great prayer for today!

R
R
I was not able to visit on Weds, but I was praying for everyone too.

God Bless,
Richard

M
M
How can I have my name and prayer added to this list..

I need help for me and my ww to help her find God again and for me to find faith in his words and to believe in him enough to help me and my ww recover from this pain ..

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 597 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation