Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#348346 11/05/99 12:29 AM
L
OP Offline
L
I printed love note (LOTS OF THEM) and when she went to the restroom, I ran around the house and hid them everywhere! In her purse, under the pillow, in the fridge, on the dog, in the car, etc. etc. etc...<BR>She really enjoyed the thoughtful notes and she said it was fun finding the letters. Everynow and then, she'll find one that I hid really good.<BR><P>------------------<BR>---Loving It---

#348347 11/05/99 12:42 AM
Oh wow, what a very cool idea! I'm going to do that for my husband!

#348348 11/05/99 10:17 AM
E
E
I used to use this when we were first "courting" - but lost touch with it over the years (married 18 years now).<BR>Now that we're going through a "bumpy" period, I've rediscovered it as a way of rebuilding the "threads" to my partner. Soemtimes I use post-it notes and place it on the dashboard of her car the night before so she'll see them in the morning when she leaves for work.<BR>I think there might also be a way - I'm going to experiment with this - to use a chapstick to write a message on the bathroom mirror. it's invisible until it steams up after a shower. Makes a great surprise for the "intended".<P>- Jeff

#348349 11/05/99 08:20 PM
B
Bil Offline
B
Hey all! I have been happily married for almost nine years and we have two sons. Every chance I get I put little gifts in her car to find in the morning. I also give her cards and love notes quite frequently. Although our marriage is not without conflict, it is these little love units of my affection that goes deep within her heart. Because of this, the hard times are that hard. I feel good about doing it as well. It is much better to give than receive. She does do special things for me as well, however, as long as you both know that it is eachother that you love, reciprocation doesn't matter.<BR>It works! Bil<BR><p>[This message has been edited by Bil (edited November 05, 1999).]

#348350 11/05/99 10:27 PM
R
R
There was a time about 5 years ago when we separated for a few months. Before he came to get his clothes, I went through each peice and wrote "I <heart> U" on each of the tags! He thought I was a NUT, lol, but he still looks at that now and smiles!<P>------------------<BR>*Ü* Rachael *Ü*<BR>www.1800partyconsultant.com/3850

#348351 11/07/99 10:47 AM
K
K
Hi Everyone:<BR>I have plenty of them. But, for now, I'll add one..My husband loves sushi..so, one day for his birthday, I went and rented a helium tank and brought it home. Next, I filled the livingroom with balloons. The whole room was filled with balloons..It was pretty cool. Then I bought hinm a huge bonsai plant and set it on the table with a big bow. In the bedroom, I decorated the table (very low table with pillows) and put sushi meal on the table with lit candles (a very romantic dinner). When he came home he was so surprised. It turned out really really nice.<BR>For an ex-fiance, I use to pick him up at the train station. So, I did the classic act of picking him up naked with just wearing a pair of shoes and a raincoat. While on the road, I opened up my coat and whispered surprise! Yeah, he was surprised.....

#348352 11/15/99 11:52 PM
G
G
I love this topic!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I have a few ideas to add here. My husband takes his lunch to work with him...so every now and then I will take cookie cutters and cut his sandwiches into hearts. I also stuff little love notes in his lunch box. <P>Here is one that H does for me, and I love it! I love to read. H will go out and buy me a book or magazine, my favorite candy, and my favorite soda....he then fills the bathtub with nice hot water, and my favorite scented bubble bath. He leads me to the bathroom and locks me in...keeping the kids away from the bathroom so I can relax for awhile.<P>I bought him a stuffed bear holding a heart that says "I Love You" on it and put it in his truck. It's still there, and that was almost a year ago!<P>Gabbie

#348353 11/24/99 06:10 PM
L
L
I also like to put little love notes in my husband's lunch. I sometimes hide a card or note in his suitcase when he has to travel. He really enjoys them! He also leaves notes for me hidden around the house. They are very special to me!<BR>We also enjoy sending LOVE emails to each other!<p>[This message has been edited by LUVBUG (edited November 24, 1999).]

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation