Ask your Wife/Hubby out in advance. make sure YOU take care of all the arrangements for babysitting, if applicable. But don't tell him/her where you're going/what you're doing.<P>When he/she gets in the car, give them 3 envelopes, each with a different restaurant in it. They can ONLY PICK ONE! Include a nice card or poem. <P>After dinner, and back in the car, give another set of envelopes. Again, let them choose only ONE (Keep the others for use at another time) Except in these envelopes, there are choices about an activity. Be creative! Movies are good, but so is miniature golf or a trip top the zoo (if it's a day-date) Maybe you have a fruit basket w/ wine with you, just in case they choose that particular envelope. The point is, it's not WHAT you're doing, it's having a good time and making sweet memories that count.<P>After your activity, give another set of envelopes. This could be anything else you wanted to do. A late night drink, dancing, shooting pool, whatever. Regardless, these are very creative and hopefully will bring some great times.<P>One thing else I'd like to say: If you want to "RIG" something, just place the same things in ALL 3 envelopes of the particular set. I know a guy that did this when he proposed to his wife, and she never could figure out how she chose the right envelope! LOL!<P>Also, if there's a winery nearby, you can set up a light excursion there. MANY places will, for a small fee, make a special label with your names, etc. and place it on a bottle of wine. If you set it up in advance, you could get the winery personnel to "reccommend" a particular wine for You and your Wife/Hubby. This is AWESOME for Anniversaries. But I suggest having two labels made. One to consume, and one to save.<P>------------------<BR>People use duct tape to fix everything...<BR>...God used <B>nails</B><P>Col 2:14