Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
tmottbg Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I'd like to increase my wife's enjoyment of our lovemaking. She's outwardly pretty straightlaced and conservative. As far as I know, she doesn't masturbate (or even think about sex for that matter). To those of you women who fit this description, how do you think you might react if your husband surprized you with a vibrator - as a gift (wrapped nicely, etc.)?
Has anyone's husband done this? How DID you react? What's been the result, in your lovemaking?

J
J
I'm pretty straightlaced and conservative outwardly, but get me alone w/ my husband and look-out! However, in response to your question, I would NOT be thrilled with a vibrator as a gift from my husband. I don't masterbate nor have the desire to do so. Making love to my husband is not a physical thing to me, although I must admit he sends me to places I never knew existed! Making love to him is in my heart and I could never get those kinds of feelings from a vibrator.<p>If you want to improve your lovemaking, read up on some techniques or better yet, ask your wife if there is anything she would enjoy YOU to do to her. I would be willing to bet you can give her more pleasure than anything mechanical. <p>I would also recommend that you try to improve your lovemaking by reaching her heart...by talking to her during and telling her how beautiful she is, how much you adore her, etc. Women love to be talked to during lovemaking, you know that's one of their EN.<p>[ March 14, 2002: Message edited by: jsimon ]</p>

I don't know what is wrong with using a vibrator. It surely can increase sexual excitement. I used to be very conservative about these things, felt very embarrassed until we started to experiment. Maybe just start with talking and tell her what you would like. Explain to her that you would love to experience this with her and only her. I have learnt so much about myself and my body through this. I am not ashamed of this, I am not doing anything wrong and my H and I enjoy it!!! It was just a matter of loosing embarassment and becoming open-minded.
bb

J
J
I don't think there is anything wrong with having or using one, but you better be careful of the message you're sending by giving it to your wife. Unless you are clear that it is something intended to spice up your time together, it may come across as "Here you go, now you can take care of yourself!" <p>I wouldn't just drop it on her. Some women might secretly love to try one out, but be too intimidated to purchase it themselves. Asking her if she'd like you to get one for her might be a good way to start an exciting conversation between the two of you. If she's not interested at all, you haven't offended her or wasted perfectly good money. If she is, great!

A
A
Well, durning the "I need more excitment" times we went to an "adult place". Bought a few things etc.... See nothing wrong with it. Anything to spice up the sexual experience that you both can share. Do it in a way that she does not get the wrong message from it. Good Luck

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,254 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation