Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#348508 05/31/02 05:19 PM
H
OP Offline
H
This sounds so simple but my FWH really appreciates it. Every morning I bring him coffee while he is taking a shower. I always have a smile on and say something nice when I hand him the cup. He says it helps start his morning out on a good note. Sometimes he ends up not being alone in the shower and goes into work a little later. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

#348509 05/31/02 08:48 PM
L
L
Ah! Good one! <p>How about a variation? My H doesn't usually shower till he gets home from work or later in the evening. And he doesn't really drink beer anymore except in social settings nowadays...
but I once brought him a cold beer in the shower. It was novel and he got a kick out of it. Then he later reciprocated by bringing me a wine cooler when I was in the shower.

#348510 06/03/02 10:58 AM
J
J
Awesome ideas, guys. <p>For 34 years, my mom has gotten up at the crack of dawn to get my dad a cup of coffee, pack his lunch, and lay out his clothes. I always thought that was so cheesy, but it's important to him.<p>H doesn't drink coffee, but I could do orange juice...

#348511 06/08/02 06:57 PM
H
H
Call him whipped, but I fix my husband's plate at lunch and supper...for work, I send him a hot plate lunch every day. He loves it, and it's not that big of a deal for me to spoil him. [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]

#348512 06/19/02 08:15 AM
T
T
Since we've been together my H and I have shared morning coffee. Once upon a time we lived in two separate apartments and we'd meet on the landing at 6 a.m. He'd bring the coffee and we'd huddle in blankets in the winter time and share coffee and conversation.<p>Now every weekday morning I get up, make coffee, do my exercises, shower, then bring him coffee in bed. We snuggle and visit and sometimes more for about 30 or 45 minutes and then we get up and start our days for real.<p>He says the morning coffee is one of the most important things I do for him. I quit caffeine about a year ago but I still bring him his coffee and he loves it. What an easy deposit [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

#348513 06/19/02 08:34 AM
I always bring my W a Dr. Pepper in the morning. She "needs" the caffeine, but doesn't do coffee or tea. <p>I make sure I DON'T open it, though. Just in case she's still too groggy to pick up the can from a prone position (and Dr. Pepper gets the sheets pretty sticky, doncha know) [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 316 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation