Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Mrs B Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I say "Falling in Love." Like you trip and there it is, LOVE. I forgot the handsome boy I so wanted to be with forever. After 2 children, many ups and downs in life,I find myself saying "I think I married the wrong man". Once we had so much in common and now we are drifting apart. I have changed and grown in all areas of my life and though he is an intelligent person, I feel so far above him. I feel that we have nothing in common anymore. What can I do?<p>[ December 04, 2001: Message edited by: Mrs B ]</p>

A
A
Hi Mrs B. I think you posted in a place that you will not get many answers. The general forum will get you more. To answer your question you need to start spending time with your husband again. Learn to talk to him and take it seriously. He may not know what you need. Dr. Harley has a book called FAll in Love Stay in Love.. The growing apart happens in a lot or most marriages. the key is time and from there spending happy time together. It may mean rethinking your time. To begin with you could could go with him to his parents and help. If you start making him happy for awhile he will want to spend time with you. Dr. Harleys site here should help and he says it much better than I do. I just thought you deserved to get a reply to your post. It does work believe me . start today love is to great a thing to lose. good Luck

V
V
Hi Mrs. B
Maybe you decided to post elsewhere after the one response that said you'd not get much sympathy/empathy/positive feedback here. However, I can only tell you that I am in the same boat as you.
My only mantra is "I will live in hell for my children".
That is what keeps me here - though dead inside.
Love bank? I laugh. Talk about throwing pearls before swine.
If you have gotten any other responses or have had a change of heart since this posting - I'd be happy to hear it.
Question: Is there "someone else"? By that I mean have you been attracted to anyone else even though you may not have acted on it?
Good luck to you. I personally find it much cleaner and simpler to be a BS than someone who is torn and confused. Everyone sympathizes with the BS but the person suffering with torn loyalties is living a hell that many can't imagine.

W
W
forum leader,please delete my input box.was an accident.<p>[ January 14, 2002: Message edited by: WHAT TODOAT32 ]</p>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,254 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation