Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
POGP Offline OP
OP Offline
P
<BR>I wanted to start this string for those here who want to chat with each other. This way, posts will stay on topic and we still have a place to visit with 'just us girls'.<P>What holiday plans do you all have?<P>We are staying in our home state this year, with a possible short visit to one of my h.'s brothers a few hours away. I hope that this Christmas is close and warm and special. <BR>Last year my h. told me of his dissatisfaction with me the day before his company party. The day of the party, he handed me a box with an expensive diamond tennis bracelet in it, but no kiss, no"Merry Christmas" no sentiment at all, just 'here'. <P>At his old company (where the affair took place), it is traditional for the year end bonus to be given out just before the party, and then everyone buys jewelry and shows it off at the party. Uck. I am so glad to be out of there. Thinking about last year is so painful...<P>So on we press to the New Year. Is anyone doing something really cool for New Years?<P>Liz\POGP<P>------------------<BR><BR>"I have found the Pearl of Great Price"<BR>

G
G
Thanks for starting this string...I love to gab over a cup of coffee...hence the name, Gabbie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] .<P>H and I are also staying home this year with our chidlren, as we have for the past 3 years. This is something that was really hard for me to do, as every year when asked what she wanted for Christmas, my mother would reply 'All of my kids and grandkids here for Christmas dinner.' I have 2 step brothers who are both married and have children. Mom only lives 30 minutes from me, so it's not like other arrangements can't be made to spend some of the holiday with her, but Christmas dinner at "home" with my mom was something hard to give up. H prefers the quiet dinner at home, and that is what we now do...for Thanksgiving, too. As for New Years...it looks like we are going to have a few friends in for snacks, and maybe some games...we really enjoy Outburst and sometimes play euchre. I wanted to go out and really 'live it up' on New Years Eve...being the turn of the century and all, but I don't like to be out driving on any New Years Eve...too many drunks out there, and it scares me. Sometimes it seems just like yesterday I was in High School, listening to "1999" by Prince and thinking, "Wow..that is sooooo far away!" [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>

A
A
We are going to my husband's home state for Xmas with his family this year. This will be good for him. Since we live in the south and his family is in the far north, I've been going from store to store trying to find winter coats that will be warm enough for a trip up there, but that we can still use back home. Hard to find!<P>Since I work in the computer industry, I get to work New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, waiting to see if any catastrophes happen over Y2K. How exciting, huh!<P>

U
U
I love a good chat area.... What a good idea!... I will be home for the Holidays with my door open wide to any family that happens to drift in.... I am praying that things go smooth and peaceful, as some in my family have clashing personalities..<BR>This is something I really had to pray about and get over the frustration to just be at peace and except it "as is" .. Its hard when you want 'Everyone' to really get along!<BR>I will be baking up a storm, my favorite is German Sour Cream twist... a cookie that is more like a mini pastry... Maybe we should exchange a few recepies??? I have a scandanavian background, so I do Norweigen, Swedish ect... goodies... Anyone for Crumcaka' ??? Or some Fatigman... hehee you probably think "WHY"? or you know what is is and are thinking "YUM"!!!<P>Hope all your holidays are great!!<P>cozy<BR>

L
L
I think this chat area is a great idea!<BR>We will be spending Christmas at home. Our daughter will be coming for two weeks(from another state) to stay with us. My husband and I will both be taking several days off work to have more family time together.<BR>My husband is involved in the Y2K project at his workplace so will most likely have to spend New Year's there, I might just go with him. We'll probably only have time to go out to dinner.

S
S
Great Idea!<P>Christmas Eve I am having my family over here for dinner and gift exchange. 20 people all together. I must be out of my mind? (What mind?) We will be serving prime rib, cheese potato souffle, green beans almondine, Caesar salad, and some kind of bread. It is a long ordeal that will make me frazzled but, I love it. Haven't had it here at my house in 9 years. <P>Christmas morning is up at 8 a.m. with daughter. I think my other daughter will be here too. We will open gifts and then bust butt getting to my husband's family dinner at his Aunts house by 1:30 p.m. Do the traditional turkey dinner there (they aren't real good cooks on that side of the family so it is tolerable but not great). Then open gifts and get back home around 7 p.m.<P>We are always invited to a party that day but, usually we are so exhausted by then that we stay home.<P>Husband works for GM so he has the rest of the week off. Daughter has no school. Therefore I took the week off too! We are going to go up north snow boarding and spend New Years up there at our friends cottage. We decided that if anything went wrong with Y2K (which we really don't think it will) that daughter would be with us. Daughter is rather unhappy about going. 5 whole days without friends at 14 is just about worse than death. LOL<P>Have big hopes and plans this year. Looking forward to it. <P>Last year was the pits here too. Husband was totally nasty and withdrawn. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] This year will be so much better. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>This will be the biggest Holiday Season we have ever had. Can't wait.<P>------------------<BR>God bless you and all of us.<P>Samantha<P>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,145 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation