Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#349312 12/10/99 03:13 PM
L
OP Offline
L
My husband and I had a huge fight last night. It was an attack by the Enemy. We'd had a great session at our counselor's on forgiveness earlier in the day.<P>I'm not certain what started the argument, but it turned awful. He yelled at me several times that he wants a divorce in a "What part of divorce don't you understand, Lor" kind of way.<P>I've apologized for my part in the argument. Said again that I love him, and our marriage can make it with commitment and with the grace of God.<P>I can't go back to the limbo of "does he want the marriage or does he not". After 20 months, I think it is time for him to make that full commitment or divorce.<P>Pray that I have wisdom and that my Husband makes good choices (yes I've skipped ahead in the book).<BR><P>------------------<BR>Lor<BR>"Do not get tired of doing what is right, for after awhile you will reap a harvest of blessings if you do not get discouraged and give up. (Gal 6:9)<P><BR>

#349313 12/10/99 05:36 PM
P
P
Lor, I just prayed for you and will keep it up all weekend.<P>Liz\pogp<P>------------------<BR><BR>"I have found the Pearl of Great Price"<BR>

#349314 12/10/99 05:50 PM
T
Taj Offline
T
Father God, I ask for your presence in Lor's home. Send Your peace which is beyond our understanding into her heart and give her favor in her husbands eyes. Remove the scales from his eyes that he might see into Lor's heart and know her deep desire for the restoration of their marriage. Father, remove the idea of seperation from her husbands thoughts and give him the ability to find endurance to the other side of this and restored oneness with Lor. Lor has asked for wisdom, give it to her abundantly. Now give her hope and assurance in Your ability to make all things new. <P>In Jesus Name and for His Glory,

#349315 12/10/99 07:15 PM
A
A
I will be praying for you Lor.

#349316 12/11/99 12:02 AM
U
U
Pray Pray Pray!!!!!<P>Dear Father in heaven... I stand in proxy for my sister in Christ the Lord.. You have said that when 2 or more shall agree on anything as if touching it, that it shall be done.. I am agreeing with Lor right this moment, knowing that You are for marriage and satan is the one who would come against this union, I ask that you bind the enemies firey darts in this area, and Lord that you loose the sound mind that you have promised us... Dearest Jesus, I ask that your perfect love casts out all fear in Lors being, and that her peace will be complete as she rests in the knowledge that you are 'for' our marriages and it is Your will that they last the duration of our lives on this earth... I also pray that you would touch her husband in such a way that His mind in soundness would see the truth, that the blinders be taken off him that keep him spiritually deaf and dumb..that he would have the light of truth illuminate his being in such a way that he cannot any longer find any relief in his running from truth and what is good, and your perfect will... Lord in your precious hands I commit her marriage, that no matter what circumstances look like, you are in charge and will do as You have deemed correct and that we can rest in the love you have for us that sent your son to suffer such a great cost on our behalfs.... Thank you so much that we can come into your presense as your children and have you listen and answer our requests... In Jesus Precious Name...AMEN<P>Hang in there Lor.... E me if you want..<P>kozee@earthlink.net<P>cozy

#349317 12/13/99 11:23 AM
L
OP Offline
L
Thank you so much for your prayers. I know God is working on my H's heart. He's still home, still wearing his wedding ring & went to church with me yesterday. I've been praying aloud with him (he doesn't want to pray--scares me--"FEAR NOT!")The past, especially that he left me right after Xmas (the 2nd separation) is dragging and echoing within me.<P>Taj & Cozy, I'm copying off your prayers. I've been very diligent in praying through the POPW book, but maybe I'm not paying enough attention to MY relationship with GOD. One of my friends asked me, "Is God your God, or is your H your God?" I found truth in that. Once again, passing my H into God's hands...and letting the past be the past (my Word on that was forgive 70 X 7--about for the 20th time [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] That one keeps coming 'round to me). God's grace is sufficient for today.<P>Thanks again. I'm lifting up in prayer you all and the others on this & infidelity board.<BR> <P><P>------------------<BR>Lor<BR>"Do not get tired of doing what is right, for after awhile you will reap a harvest of blessings if you do not get discouraged and give up. (Gal 6:9)<P><BR>

#349318 12/13/99 02:02 PM
N
N
I am praying for you too because I believe so much in the power of prayer. Without it, I could never have survived this ordeal. I ask you to keep us in your prayers, too. I found out last night my H is taking the OW to small claims court in an attempt to recover $1000 he lent her. His chances are slim in getting the money back but he thinks it is the principle of the matter. He said he prayed about it for quite awhile before deciding to proceed but didn't feel he got direction one way or another. I personally would rather forget it and her and put it all behind us. This will be the first time he has seen her since he phoned her and ended the affair the day I discovered it. That kind of scares me. But I think he sees her for what she really is now and how she actually took advantage of him. Which I think angers him. But he doesn't seem to think about how he took advantage of me & how that feels. But I forgave him. Please pray that God's will will be done in this case. If he should not proceed, I pray God will somehow close the door on him before it gets ugly. I thank you all for your prayers and will continue to pray for you, too. Sometimes I feel very discouraged and I read these posts and see how even more desperate others situations are. I am blessed and God has been good to me even through this whole ordeal. I thank you all!

#349319 12/13/99 03:46 PM
L
OP Offline
L
New Day, thank you for your prayers.<P>I have prayed at times when my H sees the OW--they see each other through work at least 2 days a month that he sees her as the adulteress in Proverbs 5:1-14. And she sees him as Prov 6:32-33.

#349320 12/13/99 05:18 PM
J
J
Lor, I will continue to pray for you. I really had hoped your H had seen the light once and for all. I am so sorry he is wavering again. Hugs to you.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 700 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation