Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#349366 12/18/99 01:12 AM
A
OP Offline
A
We have had a crisis at our house and I need others to pray with me to get through this. Please see my post under Infidelity - OW's Husband called me again. My husband insists he is not in contact with her, however he is a master manipulator and lies easily. I so want this to work out, I love him with all my heart. The evil one is attacking H and me constantly. I am starting to crumble, my emotions are getting the best of me. "Dear Lord, thank you for giving us this opportunity to work on getting our long standing issues resolved. Forgive me for not trusting my husband, and Lord, please give me the peace I need to be able to trust him. Speak to my husband's heart today, dear Lord, and show him the path he must take according to your will. Lord in Jesus' name I am asking You to remove the presence of this OW from husband, both physically and mentally. Please continue to work in my life to mold me into the kind of Christian You want me to be. Thank you for all you have done for us. In Jesus name I pray, AMEN."

P
P
Psalm 34: 15, 17-18<P>"The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and His ears are attentive to their cry;<P>The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; He delivers them from all their troubles.<P>The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."<P>Lord, hear your daughter's prayer today, I lift her up to you.<P>Amen<P>------------------<P>"I have found the Pearl of Great Price"<BR><p>[This message has been edited by POGP (edited December 17, 1999).]

A
OP Offline
A
Thank you POGP. I need that Psalm The Lord is close to the brokenhearted today. I am brokenhearted, so is the OW's husband. I'm praying for him too.

T
Taj Offline
T
AW,<P>Continue to pray for you and your H since seeing your concern on the Infidelity forum. Glad you brought your request over to this group as well. There is power in the prayer of the fervent and I believe the women on this forum are fervent for all of our marriages.<P>The Scripture II Corinthians 10:3-5 is a prayer as well, so this is my prayer,<BR>Lord, though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but MIGHTY in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ. Father, take ahold of this situation. Give AW your peace that You are MIGHTY and able to do all things. Bring into captivity this new circumstance and heal this marriage for Your glory. In Jesus Precious Name.

N
N
AW, I used this constantly in the beginning of recovery....<P>"heavenly Father, I ask You to rebuke and bind Satan in the name and through the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.<BR>"I ask You to build a 'hedge of thorns' around my partner, so that anyone with wrong influence will lose interest in him and leave.<BR>"I base this prayer on the command of Your Word which states, 'What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.<BR>"Thank You for hearing and answering my prayer."<P>Hope it helps! J

A
OP Offline
A
NewDay,<BR>Thank you so much for the prayer. I stopped what I was doing at work and just prayed it. I HAVE to keep my faith, I know God wants our marriage to succeed, but my H is so weak and can't resist temptation. Now the OW is calling me. She called my cell phone (did not leave message) but I know it was her because of caller ID. Why won't she just give up and go away? Keep praying with me please!!!

N
N
I will keep praying with you. By the way, we had the phone company block the OW calls from coming in. Actually, my H did that and I was glad. I have never talked with her but have been tempted. I would not know whether what she said were truths or lies so I guess it is best I never talk with her. Keep the faith! J

A
OP Offline
A
Thank you all so much for praying with me today. Because of your prayers, we made it through the day without the OW contacting my husband. Praise God!!! I was able to remain calm most of the afternoon. What was amazing though was that my husband was home when I got home (this is a real positive thing for him... he usually stays after work and drinks with his co-workers every Friday night). When he went to bed tonight he emptied his pockets onto the dresser. I was very surprised to see that he had been carrying around a little I love you card I gave him in his pocket. God is working on him, I KNOW it! <P>Thank you dear Lord for working in my husband's life.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,139 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation