Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#349563 01/07/00 12:21 AM
A
OP Offline
A
There may be some positive things happening here. My husband has had less than a 6 pack all week. This is a major reduction in beer consumption for him!!! Please pray with me that he keeps on this path.<P>Another positive is that I mentioned to him a week ago that I was going to set up an appointment for us for counseling with my pastor. His reaction was NOT his usual "I'm not going to counseling, you're the one whose nuts". He didn't say yes he would go but he didn't say no he wasn't going either. Well, I made the appointment for us Sunday afternoon (2:30 PM CST). Yesterday I told him that I had made US an appointment with the pastor, and again he did not refuse to go like he always does. Please please pray with me that he will go Sunday to counseling. We really need this. <P>Thank you Lord for all you have done in our marriages, and the changes you have helped us make in ourselves for the good. Thank you Lord for working in my husband's life. I pray that your will is done in his life. I ask in Jesus name that You continue to convict his heart and place a desire in his heart to receive counseling. Help me to be a loving, kind, forgiving Christian wife, with a pure heart. Show me what I need to do differently. Thank you so much for all you have done Lord. IJN, Amen

M
M
AW,<BR>Way to Go!!!! I knew that our prayers would work for you. But now it's time to pray that your H doesn't give up!!! I am so happy that things are going good for you! <BR>Maybe you can get God to send a little of his help my way.<BR>You are always in my prayers.<BR>Love,<BR>Mitzi

N
N
AW: I am so glad to hear of the progress you are making. I will continue to pray for you and our others sisters here. Just keep praying, even if he has a change of heart and refuses to go, continue to pray. I am always encouraged to hear of the steps we are all taking with the Lord. To God be the Glory! Blessings, J

K
K
I'll be praying, too. I hope it all goes well for you and your husband.

T
Taj Offline
T
AW,<P>Hip hip Hooray!! We can all rejoice in this one! God is so good to us, even when things don't look so rosy we need to remember that. I am so happy for the steps forward you and your H are making. I will be praying for you from now till Sunday afternnon while you are having the counseling session.<P>One thought, have you ever considered fasting? I have had some real answers to prayer through fasting. It just causes us to really focus on God and God alone in our walk. There are alot of scriptures to back it up if your interested.<P>Anyways, I'm rejoicing with you! <P>Love , Taj/Cathy

P
P
AW,<P>I will certainly be praying for you and your h. I know how difficult it can be to get a man to go for counseling. Keep being kind and patient, but don't nag at all about the session. Just keep praying, and we will too. God can change their hearts, I've certainly seen it in our life.<P>blessings, <BR>liz\pearl<P>------------------<BR><BR>"I have found the Pearl of Great Price"<BR>

A
OP Offline
A
Thank you all so very much for coming to my aid. I'm trying not to get too excited about this because we've had a lot of relapses in the past 3 months but with all the prayers going up I can't help but be happy. I've been saying a lot of "thank yous" to God for these baby steps. Cathy, I have been thinking about fasting, but am not real sure how I go about it (other than not eat anything, right?) Would you give me some direction here? I want to do everything possible to keep things on the right path. I'm praying every day for each of us, and feel like God is reaching out to us. I am so thankful for all of you and appreciate your support. I feel bad about being so needy all the time, but I want so badly for things to work out. Liz, I'm SO GLAD your session went well. I had a feeling last night while I was on my prayer vigil on the way home that it was going to be a good session for you both. Thank you Lord for sending this Christian counselor to Liz and her H. God bless each of you abundantly. Pray Pray Pray! Our motto, right?

T
Taj Offline
T
AW,<P>Everytime I type in your username I want to retype it "Root Beer"!!!!!!! I think you are much more then the wife of an alcoholic. So, if I refer to you from time to time as Root Beer you'll understand. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>I Love Root Beer!<P>Now, the fasting issue. If you have never considered fasting you might want to look up some verses that speak to the teaching.<BR>-IIChronicles 7:14<BR>-Matthew 6:16-18;9:14&15<P>Start out by asking God to reveal His will as to how long to fast. It is usually best to start out slow, one meal. Then go to two meals the following week. Then one full 24 hr block of time. <P>I find it is easiest to fast starting after the evening meal and breaking the fast with the evening meal the following day. That is how the Jew did it in Jesus day.<P>Drink alot of water and spend as much quiet time in prayer and bible reading as you can during your fast.<P>The rest is up to God. I keep a journal while I'm fasting and write the scriptures that spoke to me. God will lead you in your reading and prayer time as you ask Him.<P>Theres nothing mystical or magical about fasting, but I believe it is something that God wants us to do regularly and especially when we are praying about strongholds such as we all are facing with our husbands.<P>Some will think this is strange but I believe it is just because it has been ignored by the church for so many years.<P>God Bless, Taj

J
J
Dear AW,<BR>I haven't been on lately--- was so glad to read your positive post.Immediately prayed for you with tears(of joy and hope)in my heart!<BR>God Bless you, dear!<BR>Still praying for us all,with love,<BR>in the name of Jesus,<BR>Joynicole<BR> <BR>"I have not sent the storm to destroy you."

J
J
Thank you TAJ, for the info on fasting.......

M
M
AW<BR>I am so glad to hear positive things from your H. My H has been sober for 50 days and... I pray that your H will be able to resist the temptation of the alcohol and bring himself to sobriety too!!!!! <P>------------------<BR>morgan

A
OP Offline
A
Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts and prayers. I haven't been able to log in earlier today because I just finished building a new computer. Works great!<P>Taj - thanks for the info on fasting. I think I will start fasting with prayer tomorrow. I'll start with 6 hours, then next time 12, etc. Its hard to find quiet time on the weekends though. I plan to get up early and have a conversation with God tomorrow. Today we were discussing what we'd do this weekend. I mentioned the counseling appt. to him again today and he said "oh yeah". At least he's not refusing to go! <P>Joynicole - Glad you're back online. I felt that prayer! I'm praying for you too. God bless you.<P>Morganjive - 50 days of sobriety is wonderful news! The Lord is answering our prayers. I am so thankful for what He has done for me. How are things going for you otherwise? It was really nice to have my H around this week sober for the most part. He did stay at his jobsite and drink last night, but was home by 8:30 PM. I didn't LB, was nice. Today he didn't do so well..... drank all day, passed out in his chair at 7:30. Oh well, at least he's not in a bar somewhere. <P>Thank you Lord for this forum and these wonderful ladies to pray with. Praise God for all You have done for us!

L
LMS Offline
L
AW,<BR>That is sooooo great I'll keep you and your family in my prayers [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>We are all behind you I hope the appointment with your pastor goes well and I truly pray that your H is on the road to a recovery.<BR>Lesa<P>------------------<BR>Take care and God Bless.<P><BR>

T
Taj Offline
T
UP!<P>Everyone, don't forget to pray for AW this afternoon during her counseling session. It is at 2:30 (CST).<P>Taj

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 323 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation