Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#349814 01/21/00 09:58 AM
N
NewDay Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I have been praying through this chapter again today. My husband's first priority has always been work. Even in the toughest times in our relationship when I thought he would put me first to make amends, work still won out. The company he works for is relocating in June so we are scheduled to move out of state. Good to be away from OW but bad to leave the life we love here. I was okay with the move - looking at it as perhaps a fresh start somewhere. Of course the kids hate the idea. He saw an ad in the paper for another job & said maybe he should check it out so we could stay here. We were also hoping he would not put so many hours and travel time into a new job. But he is not sure whether it is the job or just his personality. Workaholic! So a new job may not make a difference. I just ask that you help me to pray that my H will see God's will for him and his work and that whatever job he has that he will learn to always put God first & then his wife. My H has an interview today at 11:30 and I will be praying for him. Thanks for your prayers. Blessings, J

#349815 01/21/00 11:25 AM
T
Taj Offline
T
NewDay,<P>I brought up some of the earlier chapters just in case you hadn't seen them. You can pull them up by going to the top of the thread page and going to all topics. There was some dialogue alreaday on "His Work" which I thought you might like to read.<P>My H works alot of overtime. He didn't get home until 10pm last night and I had cooked dinner already at 6pm. This is a real issue for us for he puts in about 10-12 extra hours a week and thats on a 10hr day. One of the ways he was able to pull off his long affair was that he told me he was working and I never bothered to check it out.<P>I think men find their esteem at work and it easily takes over their life. Somehow we as wives need to accept alot of that but at the same time pray for balance. Just some of my thoughts. Right now I'm still pouting over last night! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Blessings, Taj<P>------------------<BR>"Perfect love casts out fear" I John 4:18

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation