Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#35021 11/28/99 03:04 AM
M
MENTAL Offline OP
OP Offline
M
TIME FOR ME TO SAY GOOD BYE TO THIS BOARD. I HAVE ONLY BEEN ON IT FOR A SHORT TIME, BUT I DON'T HAVE AN MARRIAGE TO WORK ON ANYMORE. MY H IS GONE FOREVER AND NOTHING I CAN SAY OR DO WILL MAKE HIM CHANGE HIS MIND. THIS WILL DEVESTATE ME FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. I LOVED HIM MORE THAN LIFE ITSELF AND FOR SOME REASON I WASN'T WORTH IT TO HIM. I WILL ALWAYS BE SAD AND I WILL ALWAYS MISS HIM. BYE MY LOVE

#35022 11/28/99 03:10 AM
B
B
I'm sorry to about your hardships. Not too long ago I felt like leaving the forum as well. I especially had a problem reading the happy posts, because I wanted to be happy. The best advice I got, was to come back and read and I did. And it was good therapy for me. It's helping me make a lot of decisions, now all I have to do is put them into motion.<BR>Your advice you just posted has helped me. I thank you greatly for that. I don't know your story, but I assume it's similar to mine, and I guess it's time with both looked up to the fact that what's happened to our H's isn't our fault. I was the betrayer in my marriage....which I will never forgive myself for...but he's the one who's doing the damage now, and far worse than I could ever do. Don't leave...everyone here is having problems or been thru what we're going thru and they will help you deal with your pain. Don't go it alone. These people are your friends. And if you do leave...I will personally miss you.<P>------------------<BR>~Bren~<BR> Nothing will happen today that God and I can't handle together.

#35023 11/28/99 09:56 AM
L
L
Oh, Mental, I'm so sorry about your marriage. But even more sorry that you feel you have to leave.<P>Remember, we are all here for each other, too. You still have things to do, hurt to heal and we are here for you if you need us.<P>Please take a break if you feel you need to. But, if you need us, please come back. We're here to help and support you as you rebuild YOUR life.<P>{{{{{{{{{{{{{Mental}}}}}}}}}}}}}<P>Lori

#35024 11/28/99 10:00 AM
H
H
Mental -- I am so sorry for you. Sometimes we do our best and it isn't good enough. You are a great person and your loss here would be felt. I reiterate what Lori said about us being here to help you rebuild. I would give you one more reason not to leave. The lessons you have learned and the experiences you have gone thru will no doubt be of help to someone else here.<P>Take what life has handed you(which is pretty crappy) and turn it around to make a better you and maybe better the life of someone else. We are here for you and would hate to see you leave permanently.

#35025 11/28/99 10:27 AM
M
M
Hey Mental,<P>I believe you are making a serious mistake by leaving this board. I was a basket case before I accidently stumbled upon this site. There is a wealth of information and the best bunch of caring people you will ever know or find. <P>You are presently experiencing a dip in the roller coaster ride that we have all been subjected to. I must disagree with you that there is nothing you can do. There are many options. I have said it before, and once again, that I will be dead for two years before I give up on this marriage, and maybe then I will have to reconsider. <P>You are worth so much more than you think. Stay. We are all hurting in one way or another. We are here for each other and you.<P> <P>------------------<BR>Wishing us all the Best.<P>Medic<P><BR>

#35026 11/28/99 11:27 AM
R
R
Mental,<P>SORRY to hear of your situation. But, I do agree with Medic that you might personally benefit from staying with us to help you through your transitions ahead. We can still be here for you to release your anger safely and to support you when you are down, or to share some happier times with you when they do come a bit later on.<P>Know that others here DO care about you!<P>Roll Me Away <P>------------------<BR>"Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things in which smiles and kindnesses and small obligations, given habitually, are what win and preserve the heart and secure comfort."<P>Sir Humphry Davy<BR>

#35027 11/28/99 11:51 AM
N
NSR Offline
N
Ladies and gentlemen of the board...<P>I salute and honor you...<P>MENTAL...<BR>I was one of the first to welcome you...<BR>As these dear people ask of you... <B>Don't go</B>!<P>Even if you can stay here just a little while longer... let them give you some of their caring... and love...<P>They've carried me through some tough times too... and they'll do it again... when the times get harder!<P>You will find no greater charity than what we are offering to you...<P>Stay... listen... lurk...<BR>If you must leave... don't think it as a forever! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 697 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation