Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
POGP Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I haven't posted this miracle story before; it is rather long, but I think someone needs to hear it.<P>Back in August, on the 10th, my h. finally came out and asked for a divorce in our counseling session. He had been coming for a few weeks and saying "I just don't love you, you deserve a Christian husband who treasures you."<P>At this point, I had several evidences of an affair (found a condom wrapper in his car when I cleaned it to surprise him, phone call charged to my cell phone (dumb) from the front desk of a cheap motel to her car phone, drugstore receipt for condoms (I had my tubes tied years ago)...<P>so I knew things were bad, although he made up "plausible" excuses for each piece of evidence and told me I was paranoid and obsessed. This was after two years of cold, cruel and negligent behavior from a man who used to dote on me so much my friends were jealous.<P>So, although I had kept the problems from my parents, who are in a state 1000 miles away, I broke down and asked them to pray for us. My dad was devastated and felt quite helpless, but said he'd ask people in his church to pray.<P>On Aug. 14, my dad attended a wedding. After it was over, he struck up a conversation with the officiating minister and wound up telling him what was going on with his 'baby girl' (I'm 41!). He said the pastor prayed a very spirit-led prayer that <P>"If there is another woman in this man's life, let her be CONFOUNDED and EXPOSED".<P>By August 18, I was completely overwrought at the prospect of my marriage ending. I was taking lots of Xanax and crying and throwing up...had lost 20 pounds that summer, the whole thing.<P>The night of Aug. 18, my h. sat me down and said he couldn't let me think I'd done anything wrong any longer...he said "You have been a perfect wife, especially the last year (intense Plan A). I have no right to complain about you at all. This problem is MY FAULT." <P>Then he confessed the 14 month long affair, including his discovery on ... *August 14* of a pile of emails and cards in OW's desk detailing her other affair, which overlapped with his by several months. <P>He admitted to being completely distraught and suicidal at learning that was in love with a liar and a slut, when he thought she was ready to leave her family and h. for him. <P>So, shall we pray that the rest of these OW be CONFOUNDED AND EXPOSED? My dad's prayer request was answered in the same day, and of course, things may take longer for other situations, but GOD ANSWERS PRAYERS. I KNOW THIS TO BE TRUE.<P>blessings, liz<P>------------------<BR><BR>"I have found the Pearl of Great Price"<BR>

M
M
Lizzie, Tremendous testimony to the power of prayer!!! Yes, we need to pray that the OW be exposed and counfounded, as well as greatly troubled by their sin. Thank you so very much for sharing this!! <P>Love to you,<P>MTAW

S
S
Thank you so much for your wonderful testimony! I needed encouragement.

H
hw Offline
H
POGP,<P>Wow! Let us all agree to pray for each other this powerful prayer. For God says where two or more are gathered,he will hear our prayer. So pray on ladies and increase the power of our prayers through unison and Christ.<P>Father,<BR>I lift up each individual husband of these praying wives and we in unison proclaim that if there be any other woman in the husband's life, that she be Confounded and Exposed. We pray this in confidence that you do hear our prayer and will move to answer this according to your will, in your time and for your Glory, Amen.

U
U
I think in my case the OW was exposed, but then excepted by all of H's family and friends (H changed to non-christian friends when he started this mess) so I think in my case she needs to be convicted and repulsed by what she has done...disinterested in pursueing a married man would be great..and H needs to quit being an available married man!<P>I wonder if I emailed her about the night before H left and that we made love and he told me he loved me, then that he had to make a decision, held me all night while I cryed and told me what an excelent wife I was after he said he would miss me and the kids, if she would realize he never finalized anything here, and still has alot of attachments to me and his family? Im sure H told her a different story... <P>I always hate the way my brain goes a thousand miles an hour when Im stressed! Do any of you experience the constant overworking of your thoughts???? I need the Lord to quiet my mind.<P><P>------------------<BR>Jesus is the only answer!<BR>His blessings, Cozy

P
POGP Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Cozy, in my experience, dealing with the OW accomplished NOTHING. She is a masterful liar who decieves even herself in pursuit of her own agenda. I can only assume that this is a common trait.<P>Concentrate on getting whole and healthy. Obsessive thoughts and plans are seldom the path to success. <P>I am soooo glad that I didn't give in and stir up the pot with all the paperwork about the ex-OW. I am confident that her web will soon entangle her, and even if not in this life...I am confident that there will be justice in the end.<P>I know that your situation is very different from mine, in that he has not broken it off or committed to you, so please, just care for yourself and let God work.<P>lizzie<P>------------------<BR><BR>"I have found the Pearl of Great Price"<BR>

T
Taj Offline
T
Cozy,<P>I agree with Lizzie on this one. Contact of any kind with the OW leads only to pain. Satan wants nothing more then to fill your mind with the gargage he can produce through a person living apart from Christ! The OW has nothing to give you but fodder for your natural mind.<P>My biggest battle have been in my mind over things I opened myself up to through contact with the OW. Her hateful phone calls I should of never listened to and the one meeting which I set up. She placed in my mind things which I didn't need to hear.<P>The most hurtful comment she made was that she would always be between my husband and me. That thought returns and returns and I have to rebuke Satan and ask for the mind of Christ.<P>Cozy, look out for yourself and your relationship with God. Put Christ first and He will give you wisdom and strength to do the right thing.<P>Blessings, Taj

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 497 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation