Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
My H told me this morning that he finally called to start going to the Batterer's Intervention Counseling Program yesterday. He was supposed to have done this almost a month ago. He may go this afternoon after work, otherwise he will go tomorrow afternoon. This program is supposedly a group therapy program where they attempt to teach batterers how to live without anger taking over. I'm not sure what exactly it is. <P>Please pray with me today that the Lord will use these classes as an instrument in reaching my husband. Pray also that there will be spirit filled Christians in attendance and that Christians will be placed in his path continually to minister to him. Pray also that the taste and smell of alcohol will make him wretchedly sick. <P>I have been praying so hard lately for his salvation. I have been getting the feeling from him lately that he is on the edge of destruction again. Satan is attacking us, I've been rebuking him every day. <P>Thank you all for praying with me, and being here for me to talk to. I feel like I'm all alone here with these problems, because I can't talk to friends or family about what's going on, or I'll just get told again "just get rid of him, divorce him". I'm standing for my marriage, God will intervene. <P>My prayers are with you all today too. God bless you,<P>MTAW<P>

C
C
Lift your H up to the Lord, but do not dwell there. God knows the desires of your heart, by dwelling you are telling the Lord that you do not have faith to let him handle it.. Your job is to stay strong in the Lord... there is nothing you can do to change the situation.Your H has a will of his own, even God will not interfere with that. He will send christians, and show him the error of his ways, but it is your husbands choice ultimitly. I pray that he will make the right choices. Has he gotten help for his drinking? Does he attend church with you?<BR>I also pray that you find the comfort and peace you need. Sit quietly before the Lord, and listen to what he says. Call on the Holy Spirit.... He is there beside you to comfort you. <BR>God bless <BR>Chris

L
L
God can use the mouths of unbelievers to speak his word. The woman who works for me is a pagan, but raised Catholic. The other day I was ranting and she turned to me and said, "Is that what Jesus would do?" Both she and God know my beliefs/faith.<P>God, we lift MTAW's H up to you. We ask that your will and word be powerfully revealed to him. We pray that wherever he turns, and in whatever he sees, hears, tastes, touches, smells your Holy Spirit is right in his face that he is confronted with love, rightdoing, and God's perfect plan.

H
hw Offline
H
AW,<P>I know exactly what you mean. I do have several people who now know and some are helpful, but even my Christain friends, seeing this has gone on so long are like enough already. But almost 5 years ago I heard God say clearly "Put me in the middle of your marriage." This was a week or so before he even met the other woman. Experiencing God study and others say "Once you've heard from God keep doing what you last heard Him say." I haven't heard Him say anything new to me, so I'm keeping my faith and hope in Jesus and driving on. <BR>You know God has been great over the last few weeks. I think for the first time I have really felt anger toward my husband and all he's pulled. However, God has provided me a way to express it and then takes it away. I have all these conversations in my head with my husband where I express my anger toward him. After I have ranted for a while I stop. I say okay I am done, God. Thank you for listening. Please let me let it go to you. I just stop and close my eyes and breathe deeply for a few seconds and it is gone. He takes it away. It has been so great. Because I realize what would be my purpose of getting angry at my husband. To change his mind about giving us a second chance? I don't think expressing my anger would accomplish that. And besides, trying to talk him into it hasn't proved to do a whole lot in the past. I realize more and more that I have to keep letting go and let God. I believe that God can reach my husband's heart better then my angry words could. And let's face it I don't want him to come back because he feels obligated (though that really should be a good enough reason). But I want him to come back because he wants to. I don't think that can possibly change without God's handiwork. I believe that God is indeed working on him. <BR>God has shown me how wonderfully He has been working in my 16 year old's life and I have been praying but I have said nothing to her. Yet, he is changing and effecting her life! I have asked Him to increase my faith and I believe He is using what He is doing through my daughter's life to increase my faith and reassure me that He still is working in Jack, I just don't see it. Perhaps even the fact that he seems angrier and more distant than before is actually a good sign. Perhaps his discomfort is God making him feel uncomfortable. The bottom line. I trust God. <BR>Well, I have gone on and on. And simply to say that I too have felt that I can't talk to others. However, my point is that sometimes God orchestrates it just so there is no one else we can depend on but Him. That is where he wants us to be. To depend on Him totally, for our circumstances and our lives. Remember the verse that says essentially why would we hope for something we already have, there would be no need for hope in that. <BR> Romans 8:24-25 "For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently."<BR>Aw, you are a strong woman of God. He wants you to hope in Him and give it all to Him. I saw on a church outside bulletin board. "God can't fix the broken pieces of you life until you give Him all the pieces." I believe this is a process. I believe this is what I feel every time I get mad and then ask Him to take it. It is giving Him another little broken piece each time.<P>Father, We come before you carrying the broken pieces of our lives and surrender them to you. Lord, take each piece and transform it into something beautiful for Your glory and for the purpose of making our lives reflections of Jesus living in us. Lord, help us to wait on You. Lord, thank you for taking away those we think we need to talk to, so we must depend ever more on You. Lord, we love You and we seek You with all our hearts. Increase our faith and hope in You today and help us where there is unbelief still in our lives. I lift every women who is a praying wife. Heal our wounds, let us seek Jesus and depend on the vine for our emotional nourishment. In Jesus name we pray. Amen. Thank you AW, for posting on this forum. I always enjoy conversing with you, even if the conversation has some lag time between responses. We are hear for you. <ost of all Jesus is here for you. Have a great weekend.

A
A
hw - We've felt so many of the same things, we must be mirroring each other's hearts! You, know what, I too have conversations in my head with my husband where I let him have it. Lately I have begun praying for God to carry me through the rough time I'm in, and suddenly a peaceful feeling floods over me! Thank goodness we can get it out of our systems before we face our husbands in person! I have a really long drive to and from work, so I have a lot of time to think. My H tells me that's my problem, I think too much. Since I've been getting the anger out in the car, we haven't had a yelling match in a really long time. Praise God!!! <P>I never thought of what you said about God orchestrating it so no one else so we look to God and depend on him. The lightbulb just went on in my head, you are so right! I've got to do a better job of getting into the word every day..... daily devotions aren't nearly enough for me. I've started reading verses at night in my bible. I use my daughter's old King James Version bible. There are so many places in it where she had underlined certain verses, and wrote her thoughts and comments in the margins. It gives me such a comforting, warm feeling inside and makes me feel so close to her to read these. Although she doesn't live very far away (she's 23) I don't get to see her as much as I'd like because she goes to college during the day and works at night. God knew back when she was in jr. high that her mom would need this comfort from her one day. PTL! <P>I also bought the study guide for POPW and have started working in that too. Last night I was working on it at the table when H was eating dinner, and he kept looking at me funny but never said anything. He knows I've read POPW but has never so much as asked what its about. I think deep down he is glad that I'm a Christian, but would never tell me that. <P>I too have seen prayers answered, in my children's lives, and things I have prayed about for myself, so I know God hears my prayers and is with me always. Even though I haven't seen a dramatic miracle change in my H, I know he's working in his life. It's God's will for my marriage to be healed, and it's God's will for my H to come to know Him as a Christian. I just have to do a better job of giving it all to Jesus to handle, and I need to keep up my prayer vigil to <B>CHANGE ME LORD</B>. <P>Your prayer was beautiful hw, thank you so much. I am so very glad you all are there to share with.... it makes my day!<P>MTAW

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation