Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
This will probably be lengthy so please bare with me... my hands are shaking so badly, i can hardly type.. where to begin? <BR>First of all the man i call my husband, is not legally my husband, only common law, not by my choice. we have been living together for 10 years. I have always thought that greg should make an honest woman of me, but i knew that the Lord was still working on him, so i let it rest in His hands.... recently i started teaching a missionettes group at my church on wednesday nights, with my faith promise to attend membership classes ( which i have done ) ( teaching the children requires membership in my church ) <BR>I was so moved about doing this, i have always felt that God has a plan for me, and this was part of it, ministering to the children. ( one of which is my own daughter ) Today, in the last membership class, as we were going over our doctorine, and by laws, i discovered that the church will not recognize common law marriage, meaning, i could not be considered as a canidate. At that precise moment of discovering this, i felt total condemnation.. ashamed, unworthy, and hurt. I had a million questions running through my mind all at once, i silently sat there ( w/ 2 hrs remaining of the class ) crying out to God, what does this mean? and why? i fought back tears that were waiting to explode until i reached the doors to the outside, where i preceeded to pray and cry all the way home.... I know that i have turned my life over to God, i have given Him full reign, i do not know what all of this means. how do i tell my daughter that i will no longer be able to teach her class because her father has not made a commitment of marriage to her mother? I know that God is the only one who will answer these questions, but i am so confused and hurt right now, i could use some support and some serious prayer.... that either God burden gregs heart with doing the right thing either by marrying me "legally" or by leaving me..... please pray .<BR>I love greg with all my heart, how do i handle this for now? if greg decides not to marry me and i stay with him out of love, then i turn my back on God right? Im so upset... please help.<BR>Chris<BR> <BR><p>[This message has been edited by Chrissie (edited February 26, 2000).]

M
M
Oh Chrissie, I wish there was something I could say right now to ease your hurt. I will keep you in my prayers. <P>Dear Heavenly Father, I lift up Chrissie to you right now, and ask for the Holy Spirit to envelop her, comfort her and give her the peace that passes all understanding. Lord, please give Chrissie the words to say to Greg, and please prepare his heart before she speaks the words from You. Go before her in all she says and does Lord. She is so dedicated to You, and loves You so much. We know You love her and want the very best for her. We trust You to direct Chrissie down the right path. Her eyes are steadfastly focused upon you Lord, please give her the desire of her heart, ministering to children, and Greg. I ask in Jesus name that you would soften his heart, fill him with so much love for Chrissie that he will want to have their relationship blessed by You, in marriage. Thank you Lord for Chrissie, she is your precious child. Thank you Lord for hearing our prayers. IJN AMEN.

C
OP Offline
C
Thank you so very much..... your prayer touched my heart! Thank you ....<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MoreThan Alcoholic's Wife:<BR><B>Oh Chrissie, I wish there was something I could say right now to ease your hurt. I will keep you in my prayers. <P>Dear Heavenly Father, I lift up Chrissie to you right now, and ask for the Holy Spirit to envelop her, comfort her and give her the peace that passes all understanding. Lord, please give Chrissie the words to say to Greg, and please prepare his heart before she speaks the words from You. Go before her in all she says and does Lord. She is so dedicated to You, and loves You so much. We know You love her and want the very best for her. We trust You to direct Chrissie down the right path. Her eyes are steadfastly focused upon you Lord, please give her the desire of her heart, ministering to children, and Greg. I ask in Jesus name that you would soften his heart, fill him with so much love for Chrissie that he will want to have their relationship blessed by You, in marriage. Thank you Lord for Chrissie, she is your precious child. Thank you Lord for hearing our prayers. IJN AMEN.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

M
M
Chris,<BR>I emailed you. You should have told me about this, silly. You know I'm here for you. <P>You know that God will be with you no matter what happens. You know that you can't control what Greg does or doesn't do. Try to talk to him in a non-confrontational way. Explain to him about the class and how much it means to you and your daughter. And then see where that gets you. You have to trust in the Lord to work things out in Greg. <P>Do you talk about getting married? Has he said definately not? Talk and pray. God will give you the right words to say and all the answers.<P>Love and prayers,<BR>Mitzi

C
OP Offline
C
He asked what was wrong when i came home, i said i really wasnt ready to get into it, but he persisted, so i was very vague, ( upset, and hadnt been directed by the Holy Spirit as to what to say ) so i did explain that i was not gonna be able to become a member, and i told him that i knew that he may not believe or understand how much it means to me, but that i really do want to live a good christian life, and i needed to do Gods will.... he didnt really say anything, and i just dropped the subject, hoping that the words i chose to use would weigh on his heart... my cousin thinks i should leave him because God is more important... and the sad part is, shes right. am i wrong to continue to put this in Gods hands? how long do i wait? is it just my own selfishness? yes i love greg, more than anything except God and my children. am i just blinded by my love for him that i am not seeing or hearing Gods will?<BR>i am so confused!!! <BR>please pray that gregs heart will be opened..<BR>thank you .....<BR>

M
M
Chris,<BR>Only you know how long to wait. Only you and God know how long you can wait for Greg's heart to open. But give him some time for your words to sink in. Let him think on it for a few days. <P>And if nothing else, pray, pray, pray!! And know that I am right there praying with you and for you (and Greg).<P>Prayers,<BR>Mitzi

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 279 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation