Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#350628 02/28/00 08:41 AM
C
OP Offline
C
Just a note to say thank you for all who prayed for me and my family, Today is a new day, a day that the Lord has made, and I am Glad in it : ) <BR>I have read the spiritual prayer,and will continue to do so... Sometimes it is so hard to stay spiritually focused because of my bodily weaknesses and emotions. But I do PTL for showing me how to recognize satans attacks, and the warfare to use against him!!! <P>God bless all of you for caring enough to read my posts... and believing enough to encourage me spiritually. <BR> <BR>yours in Christ<BR>Chrissie : )<BR>

#350629 02/29/00 01:13 AM
M
M
Chris,<BR>No need to say thanks, that's what we're here for!!<P>I take it you are feeling better? You're still in my prayers.<P>Mitzi

#350630 02/28/00 08:27 PM
N
N
Chrissie: I love this! "O people of God, be great believers! Little faith will bring your souls to heaven, but great faith will bring heaven to your souls." Charles Spurgeon Keep the faith, Chrissie. Blessings, J

#350631 02/28/00 10:59 PM
C
OP Offline
C
J, <BR>something happened to upset my faith today.... satan... i am a new christian and i am struggling.... do you have any particular bible verses that may help me ?<BR>Thank you <BR>Chrissie

#350632 02/28/00 11:49 PM
M
M
When I have to remind myself what traits I need to develop, I read this one: <P> "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith; Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law" Galatians 6:22,23<P>This one lifts me up:<P> "I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies." Psalm 18:1-3 <P>Here's one I refer back to when the evil one is after me: <P> "Get thee behind me Satan; thou art an offence unto me, for thou savorest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men."<P>And when I need to be reminded of how I should treat my husband, I read:<P> "She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life" Proverbs 31:12 (this one goes around in my head a LOT)<P>Here's a prayer from one of Terri Main's devotionals:<P> "Lord, let me not run from your assignments. Let me not turn away from difficulty, but embrace it, knowing that you are able to give me strength to bear it and eventaully defeat it, AMEN".<P>

#350633 02/29/00 08:23 AM
T
Taj Offline
T
Chrissie,<P>These are my two favorite verses. I memorized them both when I was first saved and that is over 30 years ago. They have stood me well in many different situations including my H's infidelity.<P>"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path". Proverbs 3:5-6<P>"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me". Galatians 2:20<P>One of the things that helps alot is to hide the word of God in your heart, memorize scripture verses which speak truth to you and you can fight back when the enemy attacks. God calls His word the Sword of the Spirit. That sounds like a powerful weapon of defense to me! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Blessings, Taj<P>------------------<BR>"Perfect love casts out fear" I John 4:18<p>[This message has been edited by Taj (edited February 29, 2000).]

#350634 02/29/00 09:08 AM
N
N
Chrissie: You are right to recognize the struggle is with Satan. 2 Corin. 10:3-5 says "For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have devine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." This reminds me that my fight is not with my H or the OW; it is with Satan and I must use the power of God to win the battle. Lately my fight had been with my own thoughts in my mind, put there by Satan, but the Lord has shown me how to fight these through prayer and helped me conquer these. It has been awesome. Please remember these battles come to motivate us to attempt spiritual feats that would be impossible except for the strength God has placed within us through His Holy Spirit. Difficulties are sent in order to reveal what God can do in answer to faith that prays and works. I could never have survived this ordeal without my God. I can now be glad he has sent me this hurdle because I have developed a closer, more personal love relationship with Him. Isn't that what it is all about? Guess this is what it took to get me here. Praise the Lord and I will pray for you, Chrissie. Blessings, J

#350635 02/29/00 09:19 AM
C
OP Offline
C
Thank you so much newday... being a new christian i sometimes struggle to find the right bible verses, but i have been seeking earnestly.... yesterday satan literally made me feel like i was crazy... i thought for sure i was going to have a nervous breakdown.... my whole body was shaking, my head felt like there were hundreds of people in there, all yelling and screaming at the same time!! i felt completely out of control.. I sat with my bible in my lap for almost 2 hours, praying and reading, and in between, there was satan.... i finally felt peace enough to sleep and woke up with a renewed spirit. I sang my daughters sunday school song while i prayed, the birdies in the treetops sing their song, the angels sing the chorus all day long, with every day God's mercies are brand new, so why shouldnt i, why shouldnt you praise Him to? <BR>I kissed greg good bye as he left for work with a smile on my face and a song in my heart....<BR>PTL!!!<BR>

#350636 03/01/00 01:48 AM
A
A
I've been having the spiritual war on the battlefield that is my mind a lot lately. But, the more I read God's word, and study it, the calmer I am and the easier it is to thwart the enemy's attacks. I've been doing what NewDay said, through prayer I'm conquering the battles, one by one. Sometimes I lose, then I ask God to forgive me, and to help me turn the wrong I did into something positive for His cause. He has been right here beside me, every step of the way. I feel myself drawing closer and closer to Him, as we fight this battle together. <P>Here's an example for you. When my H first moved home, I basically went into a panic whenever he was late coming home from work. I was just "sure" he was sneaking off to see the OW, or getting drunk in a bar somewhere. On my way home, I'd drive by the bars he used to hang out at. Never did see him at any of them. While I was panicking, I would pray and pray, and the panic would ease. Then H would call. God knew I needed lots of reassurance that my H was going to be trustworthy, so I believe God placed it upon his heart at the very moment I was at the height of panic for him to call me. It's been 5 months now that he has been home. I no longer have the uncontrollable need to call H every night on my way home from work to see where he is. I don't drive by the bars anymore. God has finally gotten through to me that my H is in "HIS" hands, I need to back off, and not worry. And since I have been less nervous about where my H is and what he's doing, he comes home earlier. <P>Praise God, for none and I mean <B>none</B> of this would have ever happened without God's intervention. God needs to fix me first before he can ever start on my H, or I'll just mess everything up that God does with him!! <P>We're all her for you Chrissie, for your support and encouragement. Love to you,<P>MTAW

#350637 02/29/00 04:41 PM
C
OP Offline
C
You are so right AW.... i do always seem to get in the way... always... your right though again when you said God has to fix me first.. its so true..... and i am going to concentrate on God and me.... thank you for your story, i do not have any proof that greg has or is having an affair, but in my mind i am so sure of it when i let my guard down..... I will keep praying, and appreciate all of your prayers too.....<BR>Yours in Christ<BR>Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 277 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation