Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
I'm so excited......! I was reading my Bible, the Psalms in fact, when I heard the door bell ring. I would not have normally answered at such an unpropitious time however I through on my bed coat and ran to see who it might be. It was PUROLATOR! Thank you my dear friend for sending such a gift to me. So before I become one of God's sponges and dive into Stormie's word's of wisdom, I want to share with you what I was reading when the door bell rang!<P>Psalms 20<P>The Lord answer you in the day of trouble!<BR>The name of the God of Jacob protect you!<P>May he send you help from the sanctuary,<BR>and give you support from Zion!<BR>May he remember all your offerings,<BR>and regard with favor your burnt sacrifices!<P>May he grant you your heart's desire,<BR>and fulfill all your plans!<BR>May we shout for joy over your victory,<BR>and in the name of our God set up our banners!<BR>May the Lord fulfill all your petitions!<P>Now I know that the Lord will<BR>help his anointed;<BR>he will answer him from his holy heaven<BR>with mighty victories by his right hand.<BR>Some boast of chariots, and some of horses;<BR>but we boast of the name of the Lord our God.<BR>They will collapse and fall;<BR>but we shall rise and stand up-right<P>Give victory to the king, O Lord;<BR>answer us when we call!<P>IJN Amen.

A
A
Happy reading BabyDoll!!! You're going to love this book! I'm anxious to hear what you think of it.<P>Blessings,<BR>AW

S
S
My dear Sister, you are most welcome! It has been a blessing to me to be able to stand along side of you and to pray for you. You know, we can never outgive God. He just pours on more!<P>Does everyone now have their book and study guides and can we begin with Chapter 1? Do we want to start on Monday and then we can tie it in with our Tuesday prayer stuff too?<P>Father, you have given us a new crop to bless and be blessed by. We thank you for these new women and ask that you guide us in all wisdom to learn what you would have us learn. <P>I specially lift up Babydoll today. May her enthusiasm for this study override any grief, may she experience your joy and your hope for how you will change her into the woman you would have her become. May she feel your presence in such a way that she will shine from with in and her light will be an attraction to those she comes in contact with. May this light draw a Christian employer who will recognize the light when he sees her and may his offer more than fill her need. Thank You that we can come to You for any and all things. IJN, AMEN.

B
OP Offline
B
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><BR>Does everyone now have their book and study guides and can we begin with Chapter 1? Do we want to start on Monday and then we can tie it in with our Tuesday prayer stuff too?<BR>[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I'm in. A just can't wait to start. I have already started and it looks like a page turner so I know I will be ready for tommorow night. However, are you speaking of Today... Monday?

S
S
I guess I was just throwing out a day-but I was thinking of next Monday in case some haven't gotten the study guide or book. We just need a group concensus. I am willing to start any time.

H
hw Offline
H
You guys go ahead. I have exams to write through the 4th of May. Then I will be Freeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! for a few weeks. The summer classes though condensed won't be as bad because I won't have to do field placement during the day, and my daughter will still be in school!!!! So "ill just be a week behind and I've done part of chapter one anyways!!<BR>I was meditating on Psalm 18:1-2 on the subway today. It gave me such a lift The Psalms have truely been where I have buried myself during the last several hard years.!!! In fact my other Bible study is starting Cynthia Heald's study of the Psalms. It is awesome. I have done it before years ago! Have a blessed evening and I'll be praying later for you all. I may end up doing it a little later because of the paper, but I will be with you all in spirit and at the time and pray later myself...see where I am.. <P>I'm so glad you got the books Baby Doll!!

M
M
Kewl!!!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I was waiting to see what we were going to do! I started the book and now I have been thinking on the study guide. Do we read and start on MOnday? What is the idea for this anyway? or agenda I should say. What exactly are we supposed to do? (am i college student or what? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com])<P>Lemme know!<BR>Mercy

S
S
Well, let's think this through. Obviously we are reading Chapter 1 and saying the prayer each day. As far as the study guide goes, if we took 1 or 2 questions a day and really mediatated on the scripture with the question or on how we would answer the question, like what hit us as we thought of our individual situations, anything the Lord showed us, convicted us or encouraged us, those type of things. <P>If the goal ideas that I mentioned earlier were helpful, maybe others will want to start that list and utilize some of these scriptures to clarify a goal, to think through what it would look like in your families, what steps it would take to get you there, etc. <P>What are some of the other ideas? Lor, you started this thing. Can you jump in and help again? I know you said that you were feeling confused, but I know I really appreciated your insight.

A
A
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>As far as the study guide goes, if we took 1 or 2 questions a day and really mediatated on the scripture with the question or on how we would answer the question, like what hit us as we thought of our individual situations, anything the Lord showed us, convicted us or encouraged us, those type of things<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I'm with you. I am anxious to get started. I need this to occupy my mind right now. A couple of questions per day from the Study Guide would be good. Do you think we should do a Chapter each week? <P>Love and blessings,<BR>AW

M
M
Hi All!<P>I was trying to decide whether doing the study guide would help me or not in m situation but guess what?? I ordered it today!! I was saying in a thread that I started that I feel horrible when I don't pray as much for my H, kinda like I'm letting God down. So, I finally got some of my credit card paid off and ordered it. I figure it can only make me feel better and help my family!<P>If you are starting tomorrow, I'll catch up as soon as my study guide arrives.<P>Prayers,<BR>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 728 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation