Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#351977 05/03/00 07:21 AM
A
OP Offline
A
H has not left for CA yet, however he called the Women's Shelter yesterday and basically lied, told them he would be out of town for 3 to 4 months and couldn't come to the counseling sessions. He is not leaving for 2 weeks. He has put this off for 4 months! I'm sorry to be venting here, but this is starting to make me angry. He is using this CA job as a way out of attending the counseling! <P>I want to call the prosecutor today. I feel like I'm tattling on him though. Please pray with me for wisdom and guidance from God on this. I'm praying that the Lord speak to me, telling me exactly what to do. I'm praying for a resolution to all these problems and overwhelming conviction placed upon my H's heart. <P>Thanks all.

T
Taj Offline
T
Rootbeer,<P>David seems to be in a self-destruct mode! He is not only jeopardizing his health he is looking to tangle with the law. Neither of which he has a chance of winning. Yes, it is slow suicide. The symptoms you described in your other post definately point to his liver......where in the process he is is hard to say. He needs to see a Dr. that is for certain. <P>Years ago I was in contact with a Christian outreach program for my brother who at the time was using LSD among other things. They said that no intervention will help until the person wants to be helped. The bottom of the barrel is the point of intervention.<P>David may not be there yet. You cannot save him Rootbeer and you know that......only Jesus can. I had to let my brother go and many women have had to completely let go of their husbands until they came to the end of themselves.<P>God loves David far more then you do and wants him healthy physically, emotionally and more then anything spiritually. Give David to God, if that means going to Cal and falling flat on his face in an alcoholic stupor then that is what it will take. If it means he tangles with the law and ends up in jail then praise God. We need to pray that God will do whatever it takes to bring David to the end of himself.<P>My heart aches for your pain Rootbeer. Both of my parents were alcoholics and I know first hand the trauma of the lifestyle.<P>Father God, bring David to the end of himself. Whatever it takes, cause him to run out of ways to hide from the truth that he is lost without you. Take away his abilities to cope with life that are counterfeit lies from the pit of hell. Help Rootbeer to completely release David into Your hands knowing that You love him and will do what David needs most to heal him from his pain. In Your mercy Lord we ask for intervention and release from the agony that both these people are going through. Give Rootbeer Your peace. In Jesus Name.<P>------------------<BR>"Perfect love casts out fear" I John 4:18

A
OP Offline
A
Taj, thank you, thank you so much. I have resigned myself that he's leaving for CA. I sent you an email. I'm not at a point that I can post anything yet. Please forgive me.<P>Love and prayers,<BR>AW

A
A
Cyber-hug for Rootbeer...<P>{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{AW}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}<P>I just prayed for you.<P>"Be STRONG and courageous, DO NOT BE AFRAID!"<BR> (GOD)<P>lizzie

B
B
AW,<BR>I'm praying for you. Hugs to you.<BR>Carol

H
hw Offline
H
AW,<BR>how are you doing today? You have been on my mind. I have been praying but the finals have kept me away. I bet the waiting is hard too. I always remember that once they said they were going they might as well just go. Hanging around waiting for the time is so hard. But maybe God has a reason. <BR>Father, I lift AW up to You now. Lord, she is a very special child of yours. Sent Your Spirit to minister to her. Give her hope when she feels despair. Give her a smile when she feels like crying. Give her Your hand when she feels like she in falling. Give her Your comfort when she feel anxious. Give her Your joy because of Your son. Lord, soften David's heart toward you. Put Christians in his path. Instruct him while he walks, rides in a car, while he is with the guys and even while he sleeps. Light the fire of desire for You in his heart. Give him a burning bush!! Lord, thank You for the work You are doing at this moment. Lord, increase AW's faith and hope today. Remember,"Some trust in chariots and some trust in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.!" Psalm 20:7. We praise Your Holy name for You are Holy. In Jesus name, Amen.<BR>

J
J
MTAW,<BR>You are always in my heart and prayers.<BR>This is an especially rough storm you are in now---Gosh,you have received so much love and support from these praying ladies!You won't ever have to feel alone,and I know you can feel our prayers. Even when people like me don't post very often,it is second nature for us to pray for each other!<BR>We are all in the same boat. <P>Thanking God for His ever present Love and Mercy!!!<P>Your sister in Christ,<BR>Joynicole

J
J
Sorry- posted twice...<p>[This message has been edited by Joynicole (edited May 04, 2000).]

K
K
AW, have you found out anything new? <P>How you can keep from calling the DA is beyond me. I would be just dead from curiosity by now. Instead I am itchy by proxy. Could your attorney find out for you? Then you would not have to make the big bad LB call. <P>Since David is still lying (to the DV people at the women's center), it would seem right for you to take a more proactive position. Passivity is not always a virtue as "Boundaries in Marriage" teaches so eloquently.<P>Hope you are filled with love's bright hope today. The only hope that counts is hope in Jesus. ((((((((((Rootbeer))))))))))<P>Love, <P>Karenna<P>

C
C
AW,<BR>you have alot on your plate, and yet you care enough to pray so beautifully for others. thank-you. Please know you are in my prayers each night. It is comforting to know the prayers are going and coming from so many different places.

M
M
MTAW,<P>I read on hw's post that you said things may be tense at your house tonight. I'm saying extra prayers for you, that you'll be safe. <P>Prayers,<BR>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

B
B
Aw,<BR>I hope your doing well today. I do think I understand how you feel with so many ups and downs. I am once again facing the divorce papers in a few days the hold will once again be lifted, if my husband doesn't stop the divorce. As he has told me he was going to do. I love him and I do want him to come back home, the only thing I can do for him is pray, God will have to do the rest, I pray for God to save my husbands soul and his girlfriend. Looking for happiness they aren't going to find it in each other, they need to look to God and God will take care of them. I pray that they realize God doesn't approve of their relationship as it is adultry. I pray for God to guide me with these divorce papers and how to handle them.<BR>God's blessings to all.<BR>Carol

A
OP Offline
A
Thank you ladies for your kindness and prayers. It wasn't H coming in when I thought it was earlier; he came home about 9:30 PM. He had called at 7:30 saying he was leaving his work. Guess the beer was calling his name since it was 2 hrs. before he got here. I do not understand the big attraction to drinking, and I never will. It makes you stink!!! And say and do stupid things! <P>When H came in I was at the table working on the POPW study guide and reading in my bible. I kept working in it while he ate. He didn't say anything, but just kept looking at me kind of funny. I just kept on with my study guide. He would get such an eye opener if he ever looked in my study guide or bible and read what I've written. <P>I don't know what's been decided with regard to H's trial/counseling, but H's attorney has been trying to get ahold of him as his # was on H's pager and on "missed calls" on his cell phone (yes, I snooped). There was no outgoing calls to atty though.<P>He didn't mention anything about attorneys, court, or DV counseling. After praying hard about it, yesterday AM I called the Prosecuting Attorney and filled him in on what's been going on (or not going on actually). He was quite surprised (and thanked me for telling him) to hear that my H has not attended any domestic violence counseling sessions, as <I>his attorney had told the P.A. that H is over 1/2 done</I>! If that were true, which it is NOT, then why did H get a letter last Thurs. from the Women's Shelter counseling center stating that the counseling program he had recently registered for was beginning on May 2? I verified again with the Women's Shelter that H has not been in for counseling. They confirmed this. <P>P.A. said that H's attorney knows better than to lie to him and in no way would risk his reputation at the courthouse for his client. So, it appears that H is lying to his atty. I am shocked at his ability to lie so openly. Makes me wonder what else he is lying to ME about. <P>Things are not going well at the job in CA. Seems that everything that could go wrong, has. (hehehe) H's coworkers that are there now are fed up and want to come home. I praise God and praise Him all over again.<P>Through this trial I have come to understand how much more I need to lean on the Lord for everything. His love never ends, He always cares, always listens, always helps. I pray that He stays so close to all of us as we face our trials every day. I am resolving to try harder keeping in His word and focusing on Him and not H. Very hard to do.<P>You ladies are such a precious gift, and I thank the Lord for each of you. God bless you,<BR>AW

A
OP Offline
A
Brown, bless you for caring! I've been wondering about you too. I am saddened to hear that your H is still living in fantasyland. I'm praying in agreement with you that he is saved, and the OW is cast out of his life, permanently. Lord, I pray that you will intervene in Brown's marriage and her husband's life. Dear Father, we ask in Jesus' name that a stop be put to any and all divorce proceedings Brown is facing; we know that it is Your will that marriages are restored, and stand on the covenant for marriage and your word that says "God hates divorce". Thank You Father for uplifting Brown, comforting her, and giving her your peace. Please stay close to her, whispering in her ear that You love her and will never forsake her. Thank You Lord for loving us. For without You, we are nothing, and can do nothing. Help Brown to maintain and grow her faith. Let her be strong, and full of Your wisdom. I pray all these things in Jesus' precious name, AMEN.

K
K
Thanks so much for being a strong wife, AW! I really look up to you for your courage, patience and compassion for others. The Lord loves you so much! I know He will bless your efforts, even if the blessings which come are those you least expect!!! <P>You do give me hope, AW. I am praying the study guide now and can feel the changes within me occuring on a daily basis. I am so grateful to have joined this forum. Your prayers have made a world of difference in my life too. <P>What a blessing to be able to lift each other and enhance our joint power over the enemy! Praise God for giving us His word and sending His Spirit to give us guidance in these traumatic times. <P>Praises to Him also for the blessings of community and the internet which can be used for the greatest good. I thank Him daily for you warm comforting sisters in Christ who stand together for the values of family, marriage and God.<P>Love to all, my prayers are with you according to the desires of your hearts,<P>Karenna

B
B
AW<BR>You are so amazing. You continue to be positive even with all this stuff going on around you. I will continue to pray for you also and know that we are all here surounding you with love and prayer.<P>BabyDoll xxoo

A
OP Offline
A
Karenna and BabyDoll, Thank you both so much for your kind words and prayers. I sure don't feel very strong though, kinda feels like I'm on pins and needles waiting to find out what is going to happen to our lives. The day I called the prosecutor I felt so bad, like I was causing my H a world of hurt. But, y'all told me something that helped me feel better -- it is not "love" to passively stand back and allow someone you love to slowly kill themselves nor is it love to let them treat you like dirt. I pray that the Lord uses these issues to bring my H to brokenness, in total repentance before the Lord. I thank God everyday for all of you. <P>Blessings,<BR>AW

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation