Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
SueB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Talked with hubby last night. Seems those differences between us get bigger with the distance apart. So exhausting!<P>It is the same ole argument, I believe relationship and the Lord is more important than the specific issues that He deems so important and his reply is then since relationship is so important, then I should just give in and obey him him and his desires. He can't hear my heart and I guess I don't hear his. <P>It feels like the North and South during the civil war. Both sides God-fearing, both believing they are in the will of God and willing to fight to the end for what they believe is right.<P>Keep us in prayer, please. He will fly in here on Friday if he hasn't done something stupid like suicide. Verbalizing ideations again last night. <P>I am in the place that Cozy talked about. Lord, (groan)....sigh.

A
A
SueB,<BR>Praying for you and H today. Sometimes it just gets so frustrating doesn't it. <P>I'm posting some daily devotionals for us today that I have been saving. These help me get myself back on the path towards Him when I feel like throwing in the towel.<BR>-----------------------------------------<BR>"Lord, as I face whatever my challenge for today is, help me to remember that I am not alone and if it seems to overwhelm me let me not forget that it is then that You will carry me."<P>"Lord, today let me thank you for all the trials and difficulties that I did not have to suffer. I may not know what they are, but I am certain that You have never given me more than You and I together are able to handle."<P>"Without God, I can't. Without me, God won't. Lord, with You all that I ask and need and want is possible. I am only limited by my own hesitations."<P>"If we are confident in Christ, we will see success where others see failure and sunshine where others see darkness. Lord, help me to live each day to the fullest."<BR>===========================================<BR>Thank you Jesus for our dear sister in Christ SueB. Lord I pray that You will make your presence known to her husband today, calming his emotions and anxieties, giving him the peace that passes all understanding. Help him, Father to let You be his guide, and take comfort in You. I pray that You will be right next to SueB today and every day, helping her to maintain her loving, caring attitude. Comfort her Lord, as she has done so many times for us. I pray that You will resolve the issues between SueB and her husband, to Your Glory and through Your will. IJN AMEN

H
hw Offline
H
Sue, <BR>How frustrating. But if he does believe in God and is seeking Him, then God can and will get through to him and both of you for His will to be done. Enjoy CA for the couple of days you have and let God shine in your heart.<P>Father, I know you are with Sue this very moment. Give her strength and courage to follow what she believes You are telling her. Lord, speak with her h. Touch his heart so he can see Jesus in everything he does.. So he will ask himself, how would Jesus do it. Lord, let her h come to treat her like You would. Treat her like the precious child You have created her to be and that You see her as. Lord, be in the middle of this marriage and weave Your love throughout it.<BR>Father give Sue peace as she follows You. Give her hope and increase her faith today. Lord, You are ever with us.. Thank You Jesus. Holy Spirit intercede for Sue as she finds it difficult to find the words to speak. Lord, we praise You for YOuor wonderful works. We praise You for the work You are doing in this marriage, even if the good is not evident yet. Thank You Jesus. Amen

K
K
Sounds like separation is actually good for you. When you are together things are chaotic and jumbled with activities, demands, coping and guilt. Time alone for meditation and pondering will allow you to be yourself for a brief period of time. Boundaries will be easier and clearer when you get back together tomorrow. <P>I am always amazed at how that works for us. Even though I never miss him while gone, I do find the relationship moves forward faster after a separation like this. <P>But there is so much exhausting work to do ahead. I'm getting to the point where I am physically tired a lot. Therefore am not motivated to stay excited about doing the work required to stay married. Or motivated to stay married. <P>Can you spell a-d-o-p-t-i-o-n? Just kidding.<P>------------------<BR>A true friend is one who not only is willing to love us the way we are, but is able to leave us better than he found us.<P>P.S. SueB,<P>Do you REALLY think he is following Christ? Is his heart God's or is his own heart his god and he just gives lipservice? I know it is not our place to judge hearts, but you must have a clue about his true priorities. This is so much harder when they worship only themselves. And if he is in denial about who he truly worships, Ugghhhh.<p>[This message has been edited by Karenna (edited May 04, 2000).]

B
B
Your in my prayers.

S
SueB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi ladies,<P>Thanks for all your prayers! It has been an interesting day. I have had multiple business contacts and just landed a chamber of commerce, and three other web sites as well. I have meetings set up until it is time to leave here. It is so exciting! I have had peace and confidence all day!<P>Hubby is not responding to my email or icq messages. Guess I will just go to the airport and if he isn't there, come back here. I really feel I need to rest in the Lord through all of this. Keep praying for the Lord to intervene as His will desires and for me to keep on as He leads.<P>I don't know how this all will end, but I do know who is in control.

B
B
My prayers are with you SueB and your husband. I'm sure he'll be at the airport. Just one of those childish games these men of ours play.

A
A
Congrats on all your positive business contacts! What a great feeling!! I'm sorry about your H acting the way he is. I pray that the Lord will speak to his heart today, and that he will be on that plane. You're in my prayers SueB.<P>AW

K
K
To the top. I hate how quiet things get on weekends. I am so lonely on weekends. Frustrating having him nearby so much too. Did he show up Sue????????

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,015 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation