Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
I need some spiritual help today. I'm getting drug down by the enemy and am having a hard time getting back up. <P>Dear Lord, I thank You for the caring prayer warriors on this website, and thank You for leading me to this site last year. My praises are all for You Lord, you have been so good to me and have given me so much already. Thank You Lord for working in the lives and hearts of these praying wives and their husbands hearts and lives. I cannot find the right words to express the gratitude I feel Lord. <P>Father, I come before you this morning to ask for Your help. I feel let down by my H. Help me Lord to overcome these feelings of hurt, rejection, and untrust. I can't do it on my own, I need You Father. Lord, I pray that my husband will be confounded and exposed. I pray that the Holy Spirit will overwhelm him with conviction, leading him to You, on his knees, fully repentant and remorseful. Please speak to my husband's heart, pulling him to You. Let him know without a shadow of a doubt that it is You calling him Lord. Lord, I pray that the Holy Spirit fills my heart, in every empty spot so that no forces of the enemy can attack. Thank You Father for your unending love and patience with me. I love You and worship You Lord, You are my hope and joy. Fill me today with Your joy. Thank You Jesus. In Jesus' precious name I pray, AMEN.

H
H
Dear Rootbeer,<P>I'm praying with you and for you. You are a leader and a prophet to me. I admire your conviction and faith. Continue focused and strong. Your prayers for all are so moving that I cannot do any better. <P>Dear Lord, please hear Rootbeer's plea. We know you speak to David, please make him Hear YOU! Scare him to realize that he has done wrong by You and Rootbeer. Open his eyes and his heart. May he find his way to YOU dear Lord. Put your arms around AW and keep her safe from any more hurt. We know she is hurting and trying to do your will. Love her dear Lord, give her wisdom to do Your will and only that!<BR>In Your Name I pray.<BR>Amen.<P>P.S. Rootbeer, please take a break and go outside and enjoy yourself today. David hasn't left yet, but don't be home just worried sick. Go do something for yourself.<P>With all my Love,<BR>Pookie.

K
K
Dear Heavenly Father, <P>We thank thee for blessing AW with patience, strength, self-confidence and conviction. We thank thee for moving in David's life giving him the opportunities to grow and come to thee. We thank thee for supporting this family and holding them up, giving them time to work together. <P>Father, please remove all anger and fear from AW's heart. Bless her with the pure love of Christ overflowing her soul. She is such a stalwart daughter of thine, help her to understand her worth in thy sight. Fill her with the peace of the Comfortor that she might understand that David has his own path to follow, and she cannot join or do it for him. Please bless her with wisdom and insight to see thy will and the choices thou wouldst have her make. <P>Please bless her husband David with health. His choices are quickly ruining his body. Please remove the positive feelings he gets from alcohol. Help him by making alcohol abhorent to him so the sickness of addiction can be relieved, thus giving him a chance to heal and buy some more time to repent in this life.<P>Please bless this family with all blessings thou seest they stand in need of according to thy will. <P>In Jesus' name, Amen

B
B
Aw,<BR>I do know how you feel this am. Must be going around the world. I am praying in agreement with you. Lots of Love and God's blessings to you.<BR>Carol

H
hw Offline
H
Father, I pray in agreement with these other prayer warriors. Lord, we pray to add our support for the battle that is being waged for us and in Your name. Lord, we know Your great forces have already won. But still the enemy tries to delude us and scare us casting doubts and fears and worries upon us. But Lord, we have a God who never leaves us or deserts us. Lord, we bow before You giving You all honor, glory and praise for what You are at this very moment doing for us. Thank You Lord, for revealing Yourself through Your works. Lord, thank You for building our faith through these trials. Lord thankYou for taking our trials and pain and using it for our and others' good. Lord, help us to see that all things are in your hands. Lord, turn David toward You and Jesus. Lord Grab Him and bring him to his knees in Jesus. Lord confound and expose the enemy to David. Let him see his wife is not the enemy but his loving friend who wants him so much to see her in the way You want him to see her. Lord, give AW an extra measure of Your grace today. Put songs of praise in her heart and mind for You. Call her loudly and break through the noise of the enemy to reach her. Lord, reveal Your truth to David. Lord, let him walk into a wall. Lord, call him to You. Give him eyes to see Jesus, ears to hear Your voice and a heart to Accept Jesus this very day. Call him to You. Lord, <BR>We pray with AW in agreement that You are Lord and our Father, and that You have won the battle. Lord bring peace, love and joy flooding into AW's heart assuring her that You are there, at this very second and through out the day. If You are for us who can be against us. Thank You Jesus. We pray in Jesus name, Amen.<P>AW sing those praise songs!!!

A
OP Offline
A
Thank you Powerful Praying Wives!!! I'm feeling safer now, with less anxiety. The enemy has me targeted .... he hates it when I pray so much. If the enemy thinks for one minute that I'll ever give up my prayer vigil for my H he has another thing coming. For greater is He that is within me than he that is in the world!!! AMEN<P>Pookie - you are so sweet, precious lady! I did take a little break and went outside and fiddled with my rosebushes. I love roses and am trying to learn how to grow them. Boy are they a lot of work! Your prayers help me so much. Thank you. How are things going with you? <P>Karenna, with so many people praying for David, its no wonder the enemy is grabbing at straws trying to hang onto him! I'm praying for you and your H too, Karenna. Some days it doesn't look like there is even a glimpse of light at the end of the tunnel, but He will deliver us from the darkness. I have to keep my faith and eyes focused on Him. Thank you for being here, caring about someone you've never met. God bless you.<P>Brown, How are you doing? I miss your posts. Been thinking a lot about you lately. Give us an update when you get a chance. Lord, I pray You will uphold Brown, filling her to overflowing with the Holy Spirit. Help her Father to cling tightly to You, leaning on You for Your comfort. I praise You Lord for the glorious victory You will have in her life, her marriage, and her husband's life. Thank You Lord! IJN AMEN<P>hw - how come your posts make me cry? Your heartfelt prayers mean so very much to me. Thank you. {{{{{{{{{{{{hw}}}}}}}}}}} Our Father is right next to each of us, right now. The enemy had put so many dreadful lies in my head this morning, filling me with doubt for David's sincerity in living with me, doubts that I can ever please him, fear and anxiety that he might be unfaithful again, blah blah blah. I renouce Satan and all his evil influences <B>in the name of Jesus of Nazareth!</B> Thank you so very much hw. You are a precious jewel. <BR>

C
C
AW<BR>I am praying in agreement with and for you. <BR>Dear heavenly father please let Aw feel your presence, and comfort, hear her prayers, and give her the peace that passes understanding,<BR>I also pray this for all the other ladies, here, give us strenth and faith to face what we must. amen

A
OP Offline
A
I thought I'd give you all an update.<P>H didn't drink near as much this weekend. PRAISE GOD! We went out for dinner last nite!!! To a nice place too, not the dumpy cafe in town! Since he has moved home, we have only gone out together once or twice. <P>Also, the CA job has been plagued with problems. H said that he thinks his boss "bit off more than he could chew". I just keep praising God here. <P>This morning I brought up the subject of our EN questionnaires. He said ok go get them, so I did and we went over the first 6 needs before I went to church. We talked for a long time about the Honesty and Openness need, which we both had as our most important need. I explained to him why I have a hard time trusting him now, because of the months and months of lies, betrayal and deception. He says he realizes now that it was wrong, but doesn't know why he did what he did. He told me she would go buy beer for him every afternoon then they (H and co-workers) would go to her house or the bar to get drunk. Except H stayed when the others left. It appears to me, from what he told me today, that this woman fed his ego, was very anxious to do things for him, and sure liked hanging out in the bar. Sounded kind of like she was pursuing him by trying to be "one of the guys" drinking with him, & buying him beer. He said after we separated he realized real fast she was NOT what he wanted. <P>He asked me what he needed to do so that I would believe him. I told him that he's got to avoid all appearances of wrongdoing, and be honest and upfront about everything, no matter whether its something that's going to hurt me. I told him that he's got to earn trust from me, I have forgiven him, and her, but in order for me to put it in the past, he has to be patient and tell me the honest truth about everything until I don't need to ask any more questions. <P>I tried my best to explain to him what seems to hurt me the most now is his lack of remorse for what he did to me. That I need him to feel what I have felt, since I have never been unfaithful to him in any way, he's never experienced the excruciating pain adultery causes. <P>My 2nd most important need is affection, and he is NOT meeting that one. I explained in detail what he could do that would meet this need I have. A couple of times today he kissed me first, so maybe he's trying a little. And when I came home from church, our yard was pristine! <P>We haven't gotten to his 2nd most important need yet, Admiration. Should be an interesting discussion.<P>He doesn't seem to be too concerned about his upcoming court appearance. I'm continuing to pray for God's perfect will to be done with this. <P>Thank you all so very much for praying for us. I know my h's softened attitude this weekend was an answer to our prayers. I pray that God will continue to use us as tools in restoring and strengthening our marriages. I praise Him for guiding us, and for helping each of us find this website, helping us to pray for one another. The Lord will provide for us ladies. We must persevere, keep praying incessantly, and keep our faith and focus on God. With Him, NOTHING is impossible! Hallelujeah!! <P>AW<P>

B
B
Aw,<BR>Praise the Lord, I am so happy for you and the wonderful weekend that you had. <BR>Carol

M
M
MTAW,<P>Wow, I'm impressed!! One of the hardest things for you has been his problem with communication. And it sounds like he did a pretty good job over the weekend. (I don't think I need to tell you who is responsible for that! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] )<P>You know you're always in my prayers. (And David too)<P>Hugs,<BR>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

A
OP Offline
A
Mitzi,<BR>Nope, you're right, you don't have to tell me who's responsible. It is our AWESOME GOD!!!! PTL!!! <P>Of course the more I praise, the enemy will try to attack. But I am protected by the blood of Jesus, and Satan has NO POWER, Jesus has ALL THE POWER and ALL the glory!<P>AMEN

B
B
Would you all mind praying in agreement with me tonight for my husband. God has given me the strength for this trial and when I get weak God picks me right back up. PTL. Well tonight my husband was out drinking with a friend, he is with girlfriend no. 2 and girlfriend no. 1 walks in and is very angry and they start to have words. I do believe that we also need to pray for these woman also and they aren't doing God's will being with a married man. Thank you for praying with me. In Jesus name I pray amen.<BR>Carol

T
T
Father God,<BR>I just thank you that Carol is receiving strength to endure, and I thank you Lord that you have ordained a plan to return her husband to her, and that these other women would be removed from his future in the Name of Jesus.<P>Thank you Lord that you will cause these other women to not want to be with married men any longer. <P>I come against the stronghold of adultery in this marriage IN THE NAME OF JESUS, and cast it forth and to the pit. I also Lord, release from heaven the love of Christ, the unity of the Holy Spirit and the mercy of the Father on this family, in the Name of Jesus, the name above all names.<P>Thank you Lord for being such a wonderful and awesome amazing majestic God!<BR>AMEN

H
H
Dear Rootbeer,<P>So happy to hear that you and David spoke and he listened. Also happy to hear that there are problems with the job in CA...(Thank you LORD)<P>I'm sure with your love for our Lord all things will work themselves out!<P>UPdate on us: In-laws came over from NC this past weekend (Thurs-Monday). Just a follow-up visit to see how things were going. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I had a great time with them, they see how happy WE are. PTL. BUT, for some weird reason, my H really doesn't like them to visit. My H can be a little stubborn when it comes to his dad. They don't see eye to eye. Dad can be a little opinionated when it comes to life issues in general. He pushes him to the brink. <P>Husband did ask me to forgive him Monday night if he was a little pesty this weekend. Just said his dad gets on his nerves sometimes. (Not mom though, she's a saint)...But things are [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] wonderful with US. Keep spending that quality time with each other. <BR>I keep praying for you and David, and all our Praying Wives.<BR>xoxo Pookie

A
OP Offline
A
Brown, I'll be praying for you. Rest in the knowledge that the Father is in control, always, and will work all things out for the good for those who love the Lord (that's you). I think that the discord between these two women is to your advantage, and I pray it will sow more discord between your husband and both of these women.<P>Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for your precious daughter Brown. Her longsuffering and faith in You are an inspiration to others. Thank you Lord for working in her husband's life, troubling his relationships with other women. Thank you Lord for the deep conviction the Holy Spirit places on this man, and for the continued revelation of his sins. I pray that Brown's husband is brought to brokenness soon. Lord, please give Brown an extra measure of Your comfort and peace today. Let her see the good in the things that happened last night. Thank You Father for holding her so close, wiping her tears away. In Jesus' precious name I pray, AMEN<P>Pookie, thank you so very much for praying. I am so happy that things are going well in your life, and am thankful to you for posting God's victories. It helps me hang on and not give up, seeing what God has done in your lives. PTL! I'm waiting on pins and needles for word from David today as to the court proceedings. <P>Blessings,<BR>AW

B
B
Aw,<BR>Thank you for your wonderful prayers. I pray your doing all right.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 476 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation