Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#352095 05/09/00 06:55 AM
A
OP Offline
A
I am sorry to be asking again for prayers. Seems like lately that's all I do is ask for prayers! <P>The court date was not postponed. David has to be in court this AM at 9:00 CST. Please pray with me that God's will is done in David's life, and concerning this court date. <P>Thank you all so much. I can't post much because he is still here this AM. Please pray! Thanks.<BR>

T
T
Sorry I didn't see this in time, but will offer a prayer now for David<P>Lord Heavenly Father,<BR>I lift up David and his family, and ask you to give them wisdom and love. Thank you Lord for the opportunity to pray for others. You are so good, and I know that you remember the numbers of the hairs on our head, and even provide for the sparrows every day. Lord, I thank you that so much more do you care for your children. I ask you to help this family, to be the new foundation within this family, where all is built on nothing less than Jesus love and Righteousness. Thank you Lord that you are omniscient, all knowing, all powerful, and willing to make a way when there seems to be no way. Lord, I also pray that you would multiply faith of this family. In Jesus Name, Amen

H
H
Don't apologize for asking us for prayers. You deserve them! You are our rock (at least that's how I feel). <P>Lord please be with AW and David during his court time. Please hold AW tight and make her feel secure that You are with her during this difficult TIME><BR>Please let us know what happened.<BR>IJN. Amen.<BR>Pookie<P>

A
OP Offline
A
I haven't heard anything yet. He hasn't called, so either he is really mad at me, they're not done, or they took him to jail. Lord, please take the anxiety out of my heart and mind. Thank You Lord for these blessed praying wives. IJN AMEN

U
U
Dear Father, I ask right now that you have gone ahead of our prayers and done what is right and in your perfect will for AW and her husbands relationship. Dear Lord I thank you for this sister and the blessings You have brought into my life through her and ask that you truely bless her today... Give her peace and the faith to deal with this outcome in a quiet spirit knowing that you are in control and through all prayers Your will will be done here on earth as it is in heaven! Thank you for all of the works in everyone on and associated with this forum, we look to your next Glorifying work and praise you for it... IJN AMEN<P>{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}} 4U AW<P>------------------<BR>Jesus is the only answer!<BR>His blessings, Cozy

U
U
Have you heard anything yet???<P>------------------<BR>Jesus is the only answer!<BR>His blessings, Cozy

B
B
I'm praying for you right now. Please let us know what has happened. We are all worried for you.<P>God, I ask that you stand by AW and hold her hand while these challenges are happening right at this minute. I ask you in Jesus name that you keep her strong regardless of what your will is on David. AMEN

A
OP Offline
A
Still no word........ I feel peaceful now, anxiousness faded, though. Thank you all so much for praying. God is in control. He will be victorious. I praise Him today and every day. Thank You Lord for handling this situation. AMEN

B
B
Aw,<BR>Sorry I didnt get to pray with you this am as I just got on line. You are in my prayers and I pray everything is going well for you now. Big hugs and God's Blessings to you. IJN amen.<BR>Carol

A
OP Offline
A
I'm still at work so I have to post this fast, but I finally heard from H. He is pretty angry, and I don't know all the details yet, but <B>Praise God, He answered our prayers!!!!!</B> Thank you so much everyone for praying today. H is not in jail, but will be held accountable; he has been given a deadline by the court for completing his counseling sessions. Praise You Jesus, Thank You Lord, You are almighty, Awesome, all the Glory is YOURS!!! In Jesus Name I thank YOU and pray, AMEN.

K
K
AW, <P>Do you think David will tell you the whole truth of what happened in court and what the orders now are? Hope and pray you are safe and well tonight. <P>He gets another chance and another chance and anot.... That's our system. Not easy to really get someone held accountable. Takes a long time anyway. The Lord will uphold you and bless you for your faithfulness.<P>Karenna

A
OP Offline
A
Karenna,<BR>You're probably right, he won't tell me the whole truth. He's pretty good at manipulating half-truths the majority of the time. I asked him after dinner what was decided. He said that he has until mid Oct. to have the sessions completed. He has to attend 20 weeks of counseling, so in order to be done by their deadline, he has to start within 2 weeks. He said that he will be starting on Sat. unless there are not enough wife beaters (oops I mean attendees) enrolled to start then. He cannot miss a class without a really good excuse, like he's so sick he's hospitalized or something like that. He cannot miss more than two whatsoever. He has to pay court costs and fines. I don't know how much though. <P>Now what I don't understand is why did his atty. tell him to be there, then instead of David going before the judge, he had to wait outside while his atty. met with the judge in his chambers. He didn't say whether or not the prosecutor was present. Doesn't the judge normally address the defendant? <P>I guess if I want to know what really was determined I'll have to call the prosecutor. Doesn't look like hubby will be working in CA. He asked the program director at the women's shelter if he could attend in CA and they told him "no" he had to take everything at the Ft. Worth center. PTL!!!!<P>At least he stopped griping at me about it. Now here's the real eye popper. <B>He has been sober for 2 days!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!</B><P>Love and blessings,<BR>AW

A
OP Offline
A
From Neil Anderson's daily devotional:<P>Satan's strategy is to use a problem situation to put you and your spouse at odds with each other. Jesus said, "A house divided<BR>against itself falls" (Luke 11:17). Many times I have said to parents, "Don't let this pull you apart." Inevitably they glance<BR>at each other, because that's precisely what's been going on.<P>Any crisis in the home can make or break you. You can choose to grow through the crisis and become a better person than you were before. Romans 5:3, 4, encourages, "We also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance;<BR>and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope."<P>Lord, I refuse Satan's strategy to divide our home by quenching our love or overemphasizing rules. Help me do my part to keep our home united in You.<P>=========================================<BR>I am rebuking the enemy today, because I know that I cannot let my guard down whatsoever. In light of this recent victory the enemy will be trying even harder. All of his efforts will be futile, because the blood of Jesus is protecting my family!

M
M
MTAW,<P>Just got to read thru this. Praise God from whom all blessings flow! <P>I'm glad things worked out in a good way. I'll still be saying lots of prayers for you and David. Make sure you let us know how Saturday goes for him.<P>Hugs and prayers,<BR>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 903 guests, and 91 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation