Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#352109 05/09/00 11:39 AM
H
Happy14 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Hi Ladies,<P>Just wanted to touch base before I got busier. I have been praying for all of us here at MB's and always look forward to our Tuesday night prayer time!<P>Unfortunately tonight our children have their Spring Concert at school and always takes longer than we want. Then it is ice cream for all of us...So please in advance know, that I am thinking and praying for all of you and your families that our Lord watch over you and work on your lives. I also praise Him for Lizzie and the work he has been doing in AW's life as well. <BR>Love, <BR>Pookie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<p>[This message has been edited by Pookie14 (edited May 09, 2000).]

#352110 05/10/00 12:12 AM
A
A
I'm looking forward to tonight's prayer time together too. It always helps me get rid of the negative emotions. <P>My prayer request tonight is for God's perfect will to be done in my husband's life, my life, and our marriage. I pray that the Lord lead David to him, directing him to the path leading to salvation, and closing those doors that lead to the wrong choices, opening those that lead him towards God's will. I pray for the Lord to mold me into the kind of Christian, wife and mother He intends for me to be. I pray that the Lord take away any negative thoughts or feelings towards my husband, replacing them with His love. Help me Lord to love my husband the way You do. I pray for direction, guidance, and wisdom in dealing with the court issues and job in CA. I praise Him for all the wonderful answers to prayer. Thank You Lord. <BR>

#352111 05/10/00 12:23 AM
U
U
I will also be praying tonight via my trip home from work, as always....<P>As for my situation, it is taking a downward spiral again, and I think after this last round of mess, I will be seeking an attorney to start on Legal Separation Papers.... Pray that this would prove to be the step I need to cement my boundarys in my H and also keep me stedfast in my stand, also that God leads me to an Attorney that would work without spite and vengence on my behalf in coming to a good settlement...Everything was mine outright when we got together, now I owe on everything because of H, so I see no problem with me ending up with what I have which he already got his part out of...<P>Anyway, H did call back (after his cold call concerning the fact that now that the car was broke I couldn't take him anywhere so he had MIL come get him with no regard to leaving my and the car stranded.....)just to say something negative about everyone (even the baby) in the house, so I figure it was his way of validating possibly heading for OW in BC again.... :b Im sick of playing this game!<P>------------------<BR>Jesus is the only answer!<BR>His blessings, Cozy

#352112 05/09/00 02:04 PM
B
B
I too live for Tuesday now. Although some Tuesday are more difficult then others but today is a good day. I continue to take one day at a time.<P>As for my H, he is not home and I don't see it happening any time soon. The last time we spoke he told me that he was thinking of filling for Legal Separation. He also said that he doesn't feel the same way about me and that the spark was no longer there. In other words — He's no longer in love with me nor is he attractive to me. I continue to pray that God works a miracle in H but Im finding more often then not is that I'm praying for myself more. What I need to do is restore ME before I can restore my H. Don't get me wrong, I continue with my POPW but my prayers are directed a little differently since completing Chapter 1.<P>Dear Lord, please find it in your blessings to guide me to acquiring full-time or more steady work so that I may become more independent which would make me more attractive to my H. I want to thank you for one of my many blessing this week of which was "A full week of work." And thank you for my mother. She was so worried for me due to the cold I had that she drove an hour to come and get me and to take Tyler (my dog) and me back to her place while I tried to recover. I earnestly ask to help me get over this severe case of Meningitis/Mono so that I may be productive while I work this week and please watch over all the people who will be in contact with me so as not to get them sick too. I pray that you watch over me and the doctors while they diagnose the growth they found on my ovary and the test results of this new debilitating disease I now have called Scleroderma - CREST. Although I only went for a physical, I want to thank you for such wonderful doctors whom you've blessed with such talents in finding these health problems with me, I pray, in it's early stages. I ask in Jesus name that you also help me loose weight so that I may restore my self-esteem and confidence which will also make me more attractive to my H. I pray that you will heal me so that when you have worked your miracles with H that I wont be a burden on him. Please also understand, that I choose not to tell him due to the obvious reasons. I beg of you Lord Jesus to help me to be strong about losing my house and I ask that you guide me in finding a new place by August 1st to call "My New Home". Please dear God, help me to feel worthy of love and deserving of respect but command me to find it within you and not others. I ask that you watch over my H and continue to work a miracle in H. He was a loving, gently and kind man and I know that those characteristics are still there. Please help H find his way back to our marriage with a forgiving heart and with heart filled with the love he once had for me. Please help me in finding out why he left so that I may continue to change the things in me that are not of YOU. I love H unconditionally and will always be his devoted and faithful wife. Please help me in letting go of the hurt of betrayal and abandonment. Please help me to forgive his indifference and non remorse of what he's done. Please help me in stopping the overwhelming and consuming feeling of hopelessness and bring me peace and faith that H will find his way back soon. It is Your will and it will be in Your time. But I beg of you, please let it be when I am diagnosed with no cancer and when I've lost 60 pounds. So please help me to be patient while I wait but be productive and successful in the many changes I must make before his return. IJN AMEN<P>I love you first and foremost... BabyDoll

#352113 05/09/00 08:21 PM
H
hw Offline
H
haven't been posting much, still recovering from 8 months of very little sleep. Had a better date with h this last weekend, and another planned for Sat this week (which means ow isn't coming and hasn't been here since March though he saw her at her place for a couple of days in April). Last week the ow blew a cork when she found out we'd had the first date. He did not talk at all last weekend, and pretty much seemed to avoid talking. So, this weekend I hope we'll have more time. I have one concern in that sometimes when he doesn't talk about what is going on it means they have made up. He supposedly went to Austin all day Monday. I hope so. I will talk this weekend.<BR>My main prayer is still that The Holy Spirit will be able to break through. That he is surrounded by Christains. That his eyes be opened to see Jesus and his ears be opened to hear Jesus and his heart opened to receive Jesus back in his heart. I pray God continues to sow seeds of discord between them and that God removes her completely from h's life and h from ow's life. I pray he continue to change h's perception of me. I pray he draws us closer.<BR>I also ask prayer for my roomate Carol who has breast cancer and surgery Thursday am.<BR>Thanks<P>Lord, Thank you Father, for this most blessed day. What an awesome God You are. Lord, keep us in You. Keep us seeking, thirsting, and desiring to know You. Lord, keep us from being distracted by our circumstances, concerns, pain and anxiety. Instead keep us focused on YOU. Lord, Draw each h toward Jesus. Return those who have turned away and draw those in meed of Jesus for the first time. It is Your will that they come to Jesus. Lord, it is Your will that these marriages be restored. Lord, remove all obsticles that keep these h's from coming to a saving knowledge of Jesus and anything that gets in the way of restoration of these marriages and their growing by Your design. Lord, we can trust You to be faithful to all Your promices. Lord, You are God, touch each heart that reads this and let them be touched in a profound way by the Holy Spirit that they Know without a doubt that You are God and that You want them to come to You and have a love relationship with You. Thank You Jesus for Your forgiveness and testimony to the love of God for His people, Thank You God that You care enough for each one of us that You do call us to You. Thank You Jesus for your unconditional love. Help us to pass of forgiveness and unconditional love to others that we meet. Lord, Thank You for the mighty work that You perform each day around us. Thank You for You. In Jesus name Amen.

#352114 05/09/00 10:24 PM
A
A
Dear Father in Heaven, how Lord can we ever show the extent of our gratitude to You for the sacrfice You made for us, Your son. You know our hearts Lord, and without speaking know what we feel, and how thankful we are. Thank You Lord for answering our prayers, for listening to us, for guiding us. We come before You Lord, seeking to know You more, trust You more, and have more faith in You. Give us each a soft, pure heart Lord. Help each praying wife to become the child of God You want and intend us to be. Thank You Father for bringing each of us Your hope, and showing us how to delight in You. We praise You Lord, you are our life, our joy. Lead us down the path You wish for us to take, use us Lord as tools in the restoration of our marriages. Reach down from Heaven and touch each of our husbands, drawing them ever so close to You. Thank You Father, for the glorious victory that is forthcoming. I pray that You will refine each of us, so that Your reflection is what others see when they look in our eyes. Let our hearts be filled to overflowing with the Holy Spirit. All our praises are for You. In Jesus' precious name I pray, AMEN.

#352115 05/09/00 10:40 PM
A
A
Ladies,<BR>Today I have been saying the following verses over and over to myself. They have helped immensely, giving me peace and removing anxiety.<P>Psalms 62:5 - 8<P>5: My soul, wait silently for God alone, For my expectation is from Him;<BR>6: He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be moved;<BR>7: In God is my salvation and my glory, the rock of my strength, and my refuge is in God;<BR>8: Trust in Him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him. God is a refuge for us. Selah.<p>[This message has been edited by Alcoholic's Wife (edited May 10, 2000).]

#352116 05/10/00 12:17 AM
K
K
Heavenly Father, We praise thee for thy goodness and mercy. Thou art the Master of the Universe and Lord of all. We thank thee for Jesus whose eternal spirit shines in each of our hearts. We thank thee for the blessings of life, love, and hope in the saving sacrifice of Thy Son. <P>Father, please bless each of these sisters who read these posts. Bless those who have not shared with us their stories yet. Bless all the families associated with Marriage Builders in any way. This is a great work and a source of great blessings in our lives. We thank thee for sustaining those who make it possible. <P>Father, we come before thee on Tuesday night to ask a special blessing on each person who has come here with a particular problem this day. Bless us with comfort, faith, wisdom, insight and clarity of mind and thought. Please bless the husband of each praying wife with the blessings he needs in order to become holy, beloved, and a worthy husband in thy sight. <P>Forgive us of all the sin we are trying to purge from our hearts. Please deliver us from negative feelings of all sorts. Forgive us for neglecting all those areas we should be attending to and have fallen short of the mark. We desire to repent and do better from this day forward.<P>We thank thee for the guidance on marriage and relationships thou hast provided in the Holy Scriptures. Please help us to live worthy of all the blessings we seek. We desire to be worthy of having our Savior's image in our countenances. We beg thee to lead us safely through the hard paths that will bring us to that point.<P>In the sacred name of Jesus Christ, our King, amen.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 698 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation