Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
<B>1) Is your husband successful in his work?</B> YES <B>does he need to find work that is more suitable for him? Explain</B> No, he is doing a job that he loves. Sometimes it is all he thinks or talks about. <BR><B> Write a prayer asking God to open up doors of opportunity for him to be successful in the work God created him to do.</B><P>Dear Lord, thank You for giving my husband such enjoyment in his work. I pray that You will give him wisdom concerning the decisions he makes in his work, so that he does not become a "workaholic". Please help him Lord to get and keep his priorities straight. Thank You Lord for allowing my husband to "enjoy the good of all his labor". Please help Him Lord to do his work according to Your will, with the company that Your will wants him to be with. I pray that You will assure that he is in the job You want him to be in. Open the doors that lead down the path You want him on. Please be Lord over his work, help me Lord to be understanding about his work and supportive. Bless my husband Lord, in his work, and all other areas of his life. I thank You Lord, and give my praises to You. IJN AMEN.<P><B>2) Does your husband have a tendency toward laziness? </B> No <B>Workaholism? Somewhere in between? </B> Not yet, but he seems to be letting his work take priority over everything. His work habits could improve if he would stop drinking at the jobsite and shop.<BR><B>Write a prayer asking God to remove any obstacles from your husband's mind or emotions that cause him to be unbalanced in his work habits.</B><BR>Lord, I pray that all stumbling blocks at David's work are removed, doors that lead down the right path according to Your will are opened. Please close the doors that lead him down the wrong path. Bind the enemy, protecting my husband from the attacks of the enemy Lord. I pray that You will be Lord over all his thoughts, in all aspects of his life, especially concerning his work and those he works with. IJN AMEN<BR>

K
K
<B>1) Is your husband successful in his work?</B> YES <P><B>does he need to find work that is more suitable for him? Explain</B> No, he is doing a job that he loves and is very good at. <BR> <BR><B> Write a prayer asking God to open up doors of opportunity for him to be successful in the work God created him to do.</B><P>Dear God, thank You for giving my husband such appropriate and convenient work. Thank you for blessing his efforts to control his temper with opportunities to learn leadership. Thank you for allowing him to earn enough money and be wise in his practices that we may have sufficient for our needs. <P>Please let him work with godly men who know how to lead with love and shun tactics of force, power and coersion. Place Spirit-filled Christian men in his path that he may see success and masculinity are not incompatible with walking with thee. As he begins his next job nearby, let there be more opportunity for him to see thy will and to interact with thy servants. Please continue to bless his efforts with success. In Jesus' name, Amen.<P><B>2) Does your husband have a tendency toward laziness? </B> Not at all.<P><B>Workaholism? </B> YES!<P><B>Write a prayer asking God to remove any obstacles from your husband's mind or emotions that cause him to be unbalanced in his work habits.</B><BR>Dear Father, I thank thee that thou hast provided my husband an employer who rejects paying for overtime and refuses to let them overwork. I thank thee for the beautiful setting in which we live that can draw him away from work from time to time. Please help me draw his attention away from the many infinite little physical tasks that consume his every waking hour that he will take an interest in reading books, in discussing higher thoughts with his family. Please bless him with a sense of the necessity to obtain balance in his life and search for a spiritual answer. Place in his heart a desire to become more balanced in terms of social interactions and spiritual and family development. In Jesus' name, Amen.<BR>

S
S
<B>1) Is your husband successful in his work? </B><BR>Appears to be though not content as he desires to find employment elsewhere.<P><B>Does he need to find work that is more suitable for him?</B><BR>He would like to find work that is closer to home and yet pays more that he is currently receiving. <P><B>Write a prayer asking God to open up doors of opportunity for him to be successful in the work God created him to do.</B><P>Father, thank for the gift of my husband and that he does chose to be a worker. Father, You know his heart and his desires for work. I ask that you give him guidance in the process of looking for work, that You open doors and clear the way for him to accept the job that You would desire for him to do, that You soften his heart so that he hungers to seek your will in this process and that he hears Your voice.<P><B>2) Does your husband have a tendency toward laziness? YES<BR>[b]Workaholism?</B>NO, but poor time management skills would make it appear so.<P><B>Somewhere in between?</B> <BR>He allows his emotions to rule over him so if he is feeling angry, then he will stay at work late as retalitory behavior.<P><B>Write a prayer asking God to remove any obstacles from your husband's mind or emotions that cause him to be unbalanced in his work habits.</B><P>My father, thank you for caring about all the details of our life, how you prescribe to balance, how You are a god of organization. Father, see your son Ralph and touch him today. Clear his mind and his emotions from anything that hinders having balances in his work habits. Help him to clearly see the plan you have for him and help him to conquer the skills of time management that his time is spent where you would have him spend it. Help him to clearly see Your vision for his life. IJN, Amen.<BR>

M
M
<B>1) Is your husband successful in his work? </B><BR>Yes, he's doing exactly what he wants to and loves it.<P><B>Does he need to find work that is more suitable for him?</B><BR>No<P><B>Write a prayer asking God to open up doors of opportunity for him to be successful in the work God created him to do.</B><BR>Lord, I ask that you bless Jeff in his work and give him the ability to do a good job, even during this time of upheavel in his life. Help him to be diligent and able to focus on his job. Give him the opportunities to do projects that he really enjoys. Thank you Lord. Amen.<P><B>2) Does your husband have a tendency toward laziness? No<BR>[b]Workaholism?</B> No<BR><B>Somewhere in between?</B> Yes...he's a very hard worker, but sometimes takes too much stuff on, then leave things half done. When he does work on something, he does a great job.<P><B>Write a prayer asking God to remove any obstacles from your husband's mind or emotions that cause him to be unbalanced in his work habits.</B> <BR>Lord, I ask that you give Jeff the physical/mental ability to work hard and to do a good job at everything he puts his hand to. Give him the wisdom when to take something on and when to say no. Give him the patience to be able to complete whatever he starts and give him the desire to work thru the places when he my want to quit. Thank you. Amen.<P>

A
OP Offline
A
<B>3) Is your husband a good provider? </B> Yes, <B>How could you better support his efforts to provice for his family. Explain.</B><BR>I could better support his efforts by turning lights off after each use, checking to make sure the TVs are off when we go to bed, be more frugal when shopping for groceries and other things, and pray more for his efforts at his work to be recognized and the Lord to guide him each step of the way.<BR><B>Write a prayer asking God to bless the work of your husband's hand so that his work will increase and he will be rewarded accordingly.</B><BR>Dear Lord, thank You for providing my husband a job he loves to do. I pray that You will bless my husband as he works, helping him to increase his productivity, bringing him greater rewards for his work. Let his labor bring him success, fulfillment and prosperity. I pray that You will guide him each day at work, turning his footsteps down the right path according to Your will. IJN AMEN.<P><B>4) Read Ecclesiastes 3:13 in your bible and underline it. If Your husband's work fulfilling to him, Does he enjoy the good of his labor? Why or why not?</B><BR>Yes, his work is fulfilling to him, and yes he enjoys the good of his labor. He loves to run the machine he runs and is very good at it. His boss recognizes his work as excellent.<BR><B>Write a prayer asking god to help your husband find fulfillment in his work, whether it means moving him into something different than what he is doing now, or giving him a new sense of purpose about the work he already has.</B><BR>Dear Lord, thank You for giving David a sense of fulfillment in his work. I pray that You will protect him and take care of him every day while he works, keeping the enemy from attacking him. Lord, if this job is not where he should be, I pray that you will show him what he needs to do for his work, and will open the doors leading him down the path of your will, and close those doors that lead him in the wrong direction. IJN AMEN.

M
M
<B>3) Is your husband a good provider? </B> <BR>Yes <P><B>How could you better support his efforts to provide for his family. Explain.</B><P>I could do a better job at shopping for groceries and meal planning in a more efficient manner.<P><B>Write a prayer asking God to bless the work of your husband's hand so that his work will increase and he will be rewarded accordingly.</B><P>Father, I ask that you bless all of Jeff's efforts at work and that you will continue to provide steady work for his projects. Thank you for rewarding Jeff in the past in promotions, etc. and I ask that you continue to bless him at work. Amen.<P><B>4) Read Ecclesiastes 3:13 in your bible and underline it. If Your husband's work fulfilling to him, Does he enjoy the good of his labor? Why or why not?</B><P>Yes, Jeff's work is very fulfilling to him. He loves it! It's exactly the kind of work he went to school for and that he likes.<P><B>Write a prayer asking God to help your husband find fulfillment in his work, whether it means moving him into something different than what he is doing now, or giving him a new sense of purpose about the work he already has.</B><P>Thank you Lord, for giving Jeff the gift of being able to work hard and in a job that he really loves. I ask that you give him wisdom in his job and a new sense of enjoyment and purpose towards his work. I also ask, if it be your will, that you open up doors for him to transfer a different company (in the same town and industry) so that he won't be working with the OW. Thank you Lord for all you've bless Jeff with and I ask that You poor your grace out upon him. Amen.<BR>

A
A
Although I've done all the questions, they pale in comparison to my answered prayer:<P>"Open up doors of opportunity for him that no man can close"<P>My husband will not ask for a transfer in order to be away from the OW, neither will he or she avoid social situations to see each other and this truly upsets me.<P>After the usual season of transfer requests and assignments, my husband has just been called to fill an emergency vacancy which will put us 3 hrs away!! We will no longer live in company housing but will be able to buy a house, making his desired separation more difficult as he won't have the notion that he can kick me out of the house that is provided to him.<P>Please pray that things fall into place as he still has an interview to go there, which hopefully will rest his mind positively about the move, as he really doesn't want to leave here, but knows that going when called is the best thing to do or the next transfer will not be so peachy.<P>Pray that I will keep humble even though my heart is in the clouds -- we are in plan A and I often get discouraged because he has no emotions toward me. This will also mean that I may have to change counselors -- scary thought, as the one I have now prays with me and believes that God hates divorce -- something that I don't hear for most people, oddly enough.<P>Every small step is so beautiful. Thank you, Lord. Amen!!!

K
K
amialone, PRAISE the LORD!!! Glory be! Thank you God! What wonderful news.<P><I><B>3) Is your husband a good provider? </I></B> Yes.<P><I><B>How could you better support his efforts to provide for his family. Explain.</I></B><BR>I could do more of the physical acts he wishes I would read his mind about and do automatically. <P><I><B>Write a prayer asking God to bless the work of your husband's hands so that his work will increase and he will be rewarded accordingly.</B></I> <BR>Heavenly Father, Please bless my husband with continued strength to do his work. Bless his body that it may be strong, supple and able to withstand the rigors of work to which it is constantly subjected. Please watch over him and keep him safe from physical harm and accident at work. Bless his mind that it will always rule over his emotions so his leadership will become more effective, and his opportunities expand. Bless his spirit that it will yearn to be honest and forthright, that it will seek truth everywhere. Bless his soul that he will understand the importance of salvation and coming to know thee. Bless him with contacts through his job that can be godly role models and teach him gentleness to be a better employee and a better boss. Bless his work that it will increase and he be more rewarded monetarily so that I will not need to work when the baby is born. In Jesus name, Amen.<P><B><I>4) Read Ecclesiastes 3:13 in your Bible and underline it. If your husband's work is fulfilling to him, does he enjoy the good of his labor? Why or why not?</I></B><P>Yes, he does. He is at the prime of this phase of his career. He is getting recognition and respect from his peers and superiors. He is making more money than he ever dreamed of making and is living a lifestyle he never imagined.<P><B><I>Write a prayer asking God to help your husband find fulfillment in his work, whether it means moving him into something different than what he is doing now, or giving him a new sense of purpose about the work he already has.</I></B><BR>Dear Father, thank you for all the many blessings of work and opportunity thou hast blessed my husband with, and that he can make full use of the talents with which thou has blest him. Please open the doors of opportunity to him that will lead him to grow personally, and come to find thee. IJN, Amen.<BR><p>[This message has been edited by Karenna (edited June 08, 2000).]

A
OP Offline
A
<B>5) Is your husband living up to his potential?</B> NO <B>Are there gifts and talents in him that are not being used or are not being used to the glory of God?</B> YES <B>Does he know what his gifts and talents are? Explain.</B> No, he doesn't seem to. Since he is not saved, he doesn't know how to use the gifts he has to God's glory. There have been several times he could have done things for others unselfishly, but chose to be greedy, self-serving, or when he did use his abilities to help others, he griped later about not getting paid or helped in return. <BR><B>Write a prayer asking God to open up doors for your husband which utilize the gifts God has placed in him.</B><BR>Dear God, please show David what his special gifts are. Help him Lord to understand the beauty of using his gifts to Your Glory. Lead him in the direction of the job that is perfect for him, and will give him the opportunity to use the gifts you will reveal to him. IJN AMEN.<P><B>6) Read Proverbs 22:29 in your Bible and underline it. Has your husband been able to excel in his work?</B> Yes at times <B>Has he been properly recognized and appreciated for his work? Explain.</B> Sometimes. He thinks he should be paid more. <BR><B>Write a prayer asking God to enable your husband to excel in his work and be recognized for it.</B><BR>Dear Father I pray You will be Lord over David's work, guiding David each day. Lord, I pray he will talk to You throughout each day. Please open the doors of opprotunity for him no man can close. May he never be under pressure, but gro strong and prosper. I pray also Lord that the stumbling blocks to his salvation that are at his work are removed permanently. Thank You Lord. IJN AMEN

K
K
AW, Thanks so much for this. I just realized that I need to give so much more thanks and praise for answered prayers! H got a new position with his company in June. He is working at a desk for the first time in his career - doing estimating work. This is a tremendous blessing in our lives. I was nervous about how he would deal with the different stresses involved, but so far . . . excellent. The Lord has answered this Chapter's prayers with a great blessing upon our family!<P><B><I>5) Is your husband living up to his potential?</I></B> I think so. <P><I><B>Are there gifts and talents in him that are not being used or are not being used to the glory of God?</B></I> Probably <P><I><B>Does he know what his gifts and talents are? Explain.</B></I> Not entirely. He has little confidence in his ability to grow and improve, no vision of his potential.<BR> <BR><B><I>Write a prayer asking God to open up doors for your husband which utilize the gifts God has placed in him.</I></B><BR>Dear Father in Heaven, please show my husband what his special gifts are. Teach him of his potential for excellence and leadership. Lead him in the direction of the job that is perfect for him, and will give him the opportunity to use the gifts you will reveal to him. Bring him to the point of wanting to better himself spiritually in his work. IJN AMEN.<P><B><I> 6) Read Proverbs 22:29 in your Bible and underline it. Has your husband been able to excel in his work?</I></B> Yes. <P><I><B>Has he been properly recognized and appreciated for his work? Explain.</B></I> Recently, yes. He has endured years of racist bigotry keeping him underpaid, and unrecognized. This new company he has been with since last Sept is wonderful. Many of the management here have worked with him at times in the past with different employers and recognize his skill and value.<P><B><I>Write a prayer asking God to enable your husband to excel in his work and be recognized for it.</I></B><P>Dear Father God, Thank thee for thy gifts and blessings upon my H's head this month! Please help my DH to truly excel in his new work. Bless him with wise bosses and superiors who know how to bring out the best efforts in others in positive ways. Let him be recognized by the world for his service and value he brings to the worthy goals of the group. Support his efforts to grow in the ways he most needs. Thank thee for answering all our prayers and please forgive my ingratitude. IJN, Amen<p>[This message has been edited by Karenna (edited July 01, 2000).]

S
S
<B>3) Is your husband a good provider? </B><P>Yes and no- he works two jobs which pay adequately to provide for the family, but his struggle with stewardship necessitates me working to try and balance the descrepancies between income and outgo.<P><B> How could you better support his efforts to provide for his family. Explain.</B><P>Not sure. I do make the food budget stretch well. I have been trying to show him what a budget looks like and how it is necessary to pray and plan for things other than necessity and then to watch God answer that need/desire/want. I show him the evidence of how this approach works in the little things that happen around here. I do try and tell him how much I appreciate how hard he works for us and how grateful I am that he does have a strong work ethic. <P><B>Write a prayer asking God to bless the work of your husband's hand so that his work will increase and he will be rewarded accordingly.</B><P>My Lord, the father of all blessings and everything that is good, I praise you for giving my husband eyes, a mind and storng hands to work and provide for us. Father, go before and behind my husband and guide him in his work that both you and he will be blessed in his effort. Let his work increase according to the gifts you have given him and let your blessings flow from his efforts. Let him experience your rewards Father, the lasting kudos that come from doing a job well done, the sense of peace and contentment that comes when you say "Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!' Let this peace and contentedness flow across everything he works on that others are touched by your blessing. Ijn, Amen.<P><B>4) Read Ecclesiastes 3:13 in your bible and underline it. If Your husband's work fulfilling to him, does he enjoy the good of his labor? Why or why not?</B><P>Ecclesiastes 3:13 That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil--this is the gift of God.<P><B>Write a prayer asking God to help your husband find fulfillment in his work, whether it means moving him into something different than what he is doing now, or giving him a new sense of purpose about the work he already has.</B><P><B>5) Is your husband living up to his potential? </B><P>No, I think he allows his emotional baggage to get in the way of using his talents to the full potential that God has given him.<P><B> Are there gifts and talents in him that are not being used or are not being used to the<BR>glory of God?</B><P>YES, his gift of teaching is not being utilized in his present job. From the comments his students make from his second job, my husband make learning much easier. He has a gift for creating word pictures for technical things and relating it in a way that the students are able to grasp the concepts. I suspect that he could utilize this gift in every area of his life and would be understood far better.<BR> <BR><B>Does he know what his gifts and talents are? Explain.</B><P>No, he has a poor sense of self and has a tendency to promote himself in areas that comes across as a braggart, a see how good I am, a tendency to place emphasis on his posessions rather than the gifts and talents the Lord has given him. He has difficulty seeing those gifts in the large scheme of things and views some of them as weaknesses rather than strengths.<P><B>Write a prayer asking God to open up doors for your husband which utilize the gifts God has placed in him.</B><P>Father, you give each of us gifts and talents to be used for your glory, to facilitate the great commission given us. Father, give my husband a greater insight into the gifts that you have given to him, as his son, an heir, holy and special, loved beyond his understanding. Father, I ask that you, the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, will give my husband the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that he may know you better. I pray also that the eyes of his heart may be enlightened in order that he may know the hope to which you have called him, the riches of your glorious inheritance in the saints, and your incomparably great power for us who believe. Open doors Father, for my husband to use those gifts you have given him so that he can experience this power that comes from you, that power that is like the working of your mighty strength, which you exerted in Christ when you raised him from the dead and seated him at your right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. Let him experience a revelation of awe, a clarity of mind and a new understanding of Your purpose for his life and how the gifts and talents you have given him fit into your will and plan. IJN, Amen.<P><B>6) Read Proverbs 22:29 in your Bible and underline it. Has your husband been able to excel in his work? </B><P>PR 22:29 Do you see a man skilled in his work?<BR> He will serve before kings;<BR> he will not serve before obscure men.<P><B> Has he been properly recognized and appreciated for his work? Explain.</B><P>My husband feels unappreciated in his work and is very discouraged right now. He feels that the company does not value his efforts or his input except when they run into a crisis and want him to bail them out, day or night. <P><B>Write a prayer asking God to enable your husband to excel in his work and be recognized for it.</B><P>Father, I thank you for this husband who works and provides for the family. I thank you for the gifts that you have given him, the technical mind that understands the computer world in its many facets, the ability to problem-solve and to perceive a greater picture than most in managing the various IT projects. Father, strengthen him to continue to give his best for the company, to excel in these projects with the authority and gifts that you have given him. Let his co-workers and supervisors become increasingly aware of his input and value to the company and to recognize his efforts as positive for long-range company effects. Help them to look beyond the surface and to see the heart in the efforts he makes for the company. Let his work glorify you Father and let others see your reflection in his work, IJN, Amen.<p>[This message has been edited by SueB (edited July 08, 2000).]

U
U
I have a hard time in this area as my H has never held a job for any longer than 6 weeks, and although he has the skills to be a Computer Network System Administrator and has put many networks together, his (I guess) laziness and fear keep him from doing much of anything. This is one of our problem areas, as I believe a husband should provide for his family........ <P>I think I withdrew when I had 2 little girls within our first 2 years of marriage and he made me take care of bringing in finances........ My withdrawl was his excuse for an affair...... I don't even want to pray anymore for him lately, I have been at a rough point as I am praying and asking God to show me if I should just move on...<P>I havn't been posting much lately, I am feeling done with my marriage and my job has kept me so busy that my children are getting my few hours of home time.... Thats the update... As for the kids and I, we have been having some wonderful time and blessings from our church family and are looking forward to a week vacation soon.....<P>Love you all, His blessings, cozy

S
S
Enable me please and write out the questions as I have misplaced the study guide. Sigh! boy truths about our own behavior are everywhere! LOL<p>[This message has been edited by SueB (edited July 23, 2000).]

H
hw Offline
H
Sue I assume you mean the rest of the questions. <P>7) Does your husband do his work with a sense of purpose and fulfillment, or with feelings of frustration, aimlessness, or unfulfillment? Explain. How do you think you could pray about this for him?<P>8)Does your husband get along with his coworkers? Are the people over him happy with what he does? Is he shown respect by the people he works for and with whom he has daily interaction? Describe his work relationships in general. How could you support him in prayer?<P>9) Is there a difficult person your husband has to work with, or an unpleasant work relationship that could be depleting your husband's strength and patience? Explain. Write a prayer asking God to transform this relationship or to change your husband's perspective and enhance his patience.<P>10) Pray the prayer out loud on page 53 in The Power of the Praying Wife. Include specifics about your husband's work.

S
S
Yes, bless you, bless you!!!

K
K
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><B>7) Does your husband do his work with a sense of purpose and fulfillment, or with feelings of frustration, aimlessness, or unfulfillment? Explain. How do you think you could pray about this for him?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I believe he always has a sense of purpose in his work. His strongly felt and stated purpose is to make his employer money. Probably experiences frustration less than 3% of the time. His problems always involve interpersonal relationships. I am always praying that he will develop more flexibility and compassion and communication skills.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><B>8)Does your husband get along with his coworkers? Are the people over him happy with what he does? Is he shown respect by the people he works for and with whom he has daily interaction? Describe his work relationships in general. How could you support him in prayer?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Not always. No, not always. Sometimes he is respected, until he blows it with an emotional blow up, inflexibility, refusal to take input, etc. My DH is a difficult person. I pray still for his softening of heart and ability to override his emotional reactions with a considered rational response. When he is stressed or tired that just doesn't happen.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><B>9) Is there a difficult person your husband has to work with, or an unpleasant work relationship that could be depleting your husband's strength and patience? Explain. Write a prayer asking God to transform this relationship or to change your husband's perspective and enhance his patience.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>H is the difficult person on any job. Sometimes it takes a long time for him to display his temper or whatever. People hate and resent his inflexibility. He is very slow to change his ways and opinions.<P>Dear Heavenly Father,<P>Please bless my husband with wisdom, compassion, and self-control. I thank thee for the lessons he is learning within our family. I thank thee for the trials thou hast sent us which have already begun to work miracles in our lives. Please bless us with a relationship in my husband's life that will show him the dignified, manly leadership of a true servant of thine. He needs a true friend even if he doesn't think so. Bless me to be strong and hardworking that he will continue to respect me. Help us to grow in love and compassion through this pregnancy and whatever outcome it has. Keep my mind focused on thee at all times and not descend into selfpity or depression that will be a stumbling block to my husband's growth. Thank you for the miracles in our marriage. IJN, Amen.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><B>10) Pray the prayer out loud on page 53 in The Power of the Praying Wife. Include specifics about your husband's work.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>HELP! I have my study guide, and have now misplaced POPW! I know the prayer was posted somewhere on MB this spring. Does anyone know the link to it?

S
S
I can't find it, so here it is again.<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><BR>Lord, I pray that you would bless the work of my husband's hand. May his labor bring not only favor, success and prosperity, but great fulfillment as well. If the work he is doing is not in line with Your perfect will for his life, reveal it to him. Show him what he should do differently and guide him down the right path. Give him strngth, faith, and a vision for the future so he can rise above any propensity for laziness. May he never run from work out of fear, selfishness, or a desire to avoid responsibility. On the other hand, help him to see that he doesn't have to work himself to death for man's approval, or grasp for gain beyond what is a gift from You. Give him the ability to enjoy his success without striving for more. Help him to excel, but free him from the pressure to do so.<P>I pray that You will be Lord over his work, and may he bring You inot every aspect of it. Give him enough confidence in the gifts You've placed in him to be able to seek, find and do good work. Open up doors of opportunity for him that no man can close. Develop his skills so that they grow more valuable with each passing year. Show me what I can do to encourage him.<P>I pray that his work will be established, secure, successful, satisfying, and financially rewarding. May he not be "lagging in diligence, (but) fervent in spirit, serving the Lord" (Romans 12:11). Let him be like a tree planted by the stream of Your living water, which brings forth fruit in due season. May he never wither under pressure, but grow strong and prosper (Psalm 1:3)POPW, Stormi Mrtian, p. 53<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A
OP Offline
A
<B>7) Does your husband do his work with a sense of purpose and fulfillment, or with feelings of frustration, aimlessness, or unfulfillment? Explain.</B>Yes, he has a sense of purpose and seems to be fulfilled with regard to his work. <P><B>How do you think you could pray about this for him?</B>I pray that the Lord keep David under protection at work as his job is quite dangerous at times;<P><B>8)Does your husband get along with his coworkers?</B>Well, this is a double-sided question regarding my H. When H is drinking, he gets along with his co-workers most of the time, because they are the people he drinks with. When he has sober days, he does not get along with them because he is short-tempered, easily angered by the slightest thing he perceives that they do wrong, etc. He then comes home and takes his frustration with his "lazy co-workers" out on me. <P><B>Are the people over him happy with what he does?</B> Yes, David makes his boss A LOT of money. <B>Is he shown respect by the people he works for and with whom he has daily interaction?</B> Yes and No <B>Describe his work relationships in general.</B>David's work relationships vary from day to day. One day so & so is his best friend, the next day he cuts them completely down, calls them derogatory names, picks fights (sometimes physical), with them. If he thinks one of the other guys is not working as hard as he is, he has no use for them, until beer time. <P><B>How could you support him in prayer?</B> I have been praying that if David's current employment is not the place God wants him to be to please open the doors leading to the right job for him. I pray also that the Lord protect David from harm each day, and the Lord to remove those who are stumbling blocks from his path. I need to pray that the Lord help David deal with his frustration and anger towards others.<P>

S
S
<B>7) Does your husband do his work with a sense of purpose and fulfillment, or with feelings of frustration, aimlessness, or unfulfillment? Explain. How do you think you could pray about this for him?</B><P>My husband is experiencing feelings of frustration, aimlessness, and unfulfillment in his job presently. I have to admit that he experiences the same feelings about his marriage and his wife right now, so it might just be some kind of overflow, but I think presently it is the only place where he believes that he can do something about it. <P>He has been searching for other jobs and has a couple of interviews. One interview last week was with a small company locally where half of the employees are Christians, there would be no commute (hubby spends about 2 1/2 hours a day going back and forth to D.C.) and the pay would be higher than he presently is receiving. All things that I have been praying about for him, since he still associates success with monetary and what he can buy. <P>I especially am encouraged by his present commitment to not charge anything on the credit cards and a renewed energy on paying off what we do owe. I guess part of my prayer, in the sense of purpose and fulfillment department of his job, would be for him to see that there are rewards to good stewardship, claiming Mal. 3:10, that God would open the storehouse for my husband, not that he has to have "things" but that he can gain a better sense of who he is in God's family and how all things tie together. That the sense of purpose and fulfillment comes about from a sense of contentment no matter where he is at.<P><B>8)Does your husband get along with his coworkers? Are the people over him happy with what he does? Is he shown respect by the people he works for and with whom he has daily interaction? Describe his work relationships in general. How could you support him in prayer?</B><P>This answer is a two-fold yes and no. My husband is very good at what he does and yet, because of where he is at emotionally, he is taken advantage of and often the scapegoat. He blames others for his feelings and justifies anger, etc. He is getting better though, at lining his ducks up in a row and covering himself in regards to documentation so that the hierarchy is aware of the politics and games being played. He even wrote the Company president an email identifying the problems within his part of the organization and the president took the time to come down and talk with him and valued his input very much. That was so encouraging to my H! <P>I am continuing to pray that God continue to show my husband the importance of integrity and to bless his hands as he honors the tasks he is given, that God gives him increasing creativity and strength to stay two steps ahead of those who complain so that he already has accomplished what they grumble about. That those over him will see this effort regrding keeping them informed of his progress and how he has resolved complaints in a timely manner with effort to stay abreast of the situations he has been given authority over.<P><B>9) Is there a difficult person your husband has to work with, or an unpleasant work relationship that could be depleting your husband's strength and patience? Explain. Write a prayer asking God to transform this relationship or to change your husband's perspective and enhance his patience.</B><P>Yes, there is one individual in particular who is like sand in underwear to my husband. I have encouraged him to take the above action but had never considered asking God to transform this relationship or my husband's perspective to enhance his patience. It is like "Wow, what a concept!" LOL<P>My Father, wonder of wonders, most awesome God and giver of all that is good, I praise you for your example to us of your character in Your word, that we as your children can put into practice what You would have us be. Father, I thank you that you have given my husband a job so that he can be the physical provider of our home, that you have given him something to do with his hands and his mind. Father, you know the situation between my H and the coworker that grinds on him, the continual barrage for unncessary implementation of things before the man is ready for them, so that his calendar appears to be intact even though he himself is not. Intervene in this situation Father and transform both men for your glory. Where necessary, change my husband's perspective and increase his stamina that he might develop greater skills to enhance patience over the pettiness that this coworker seems to thrive on.<P>Increase compassion in my husband that he can walk in this other man's shoes and understand his behavior, so that his responses are like those of the grace and mercy that You have given to him. IJN, Amen.<P>10) Pray the prayer out loud on page 53 in The Power of the Praying Wife. Include specifics about your husband's work.<P>Well, since you can't hear me, just have to trust that I do it. Smile....<P>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 671 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation