Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
hw Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Okay! Guess what satan really doesn't want me to post this. This is the third try!!!!<P>This was not a good weekend for me. Our date started out okay until he told me about the ow's game. She left a message on voice mail for another guy to call her on the cell phone. H was surprised by his reaction. Anyhow he now understands how hurtful cheating is, but is applying this to the wrong woman. So I feel this is an attack, since things have been moving along so well. He will go to ow's on the 4th and dating is in question. He feels he needs to be chaste with the ow, (so chaste in adultry but now with marriage)<P>The other prayer group I belong to did a 24 hour prayer vigil. I will fast from Monday sundown through cyber tea and prayer on Tuesday night. I will post my request here and times. If you would like to pick a time to pray for everyone that would be great. If not but just want prayer, leave your requests here. This would also serve for an update for Tuesday night prayer.<P>My request:<BR>Pray that God soften h's heart to receive the Holy Spirit. That the Holy Spirit can get through to my h. That He loose him from those things that are not from God and bind him to the mind of Christ.<BR>That God light the fire of desire for me, his wife in his heart. That God continue to change his perception of me. That God instruct him while he sleeps and all during the day. <BR>That God remove the ow completely from him. That the ow be exposed and confounded. Let her true colors show. That God's will be done<BR> I pray this in God's will and I pray that through the restoration of this marriage that God's glory will be evident to all.<BR>I believe that things must of really been good since this attack is really off the wall and so severe. But I am confident that God is still and always will be in control.<P>Sign up for a time if you wish!<BR>[the times get jammed together when it shows on forum, so I will edit.<BR>Mon night <BR>8:00-9:00pm(hw) <BR>9:00-10:00 (SueB) <BR>10:-11 (Kim) <BR>11:00-12am (hw) <BR>12-1 <BR>1-2 (Karenna) <BR>2-3 6 <BR>6-7 <BR>7-8 (cozy) <BR>Tues day<BR>8-9am (hw)<BR>9-10<BR>10-11<BR>11-12<BR>12-1pm<BR>1-2<BR>2-3<BR>3-4 (hw)<BR>4-5<BR>5-6(cozy)<BR>Tues night<BR>7-8(aw)<BR>8-9(Mrs. O)<BR>9-10<BR>10-11 (hw)<BR>11-12 (all<BR> <P>leave your requests and sign up or a time if you want. I will post the times everyone signs up for tomorrow before we start. Thanks and keep praying!!!!! God reigns<P><BR>[This message has been edited by hw (edited June 18, 2000).]<P>[This message has been edited by hw (edited June 19, 2000).]<P>[This message has been edited by hw (edited June 19, 2000).]<P>[This message has been edited by hw (edited June 20, 2000).]<P>[This message has been edited by hw (edited June 20, 2000).]<p>[This message has been edited by hw (edited June 20, 2000).]

K
K
I'll take 1 a.m. to 2 a.m. Monday night (my time) Tuesday morning MB time.<P>------------------<BR>A true friend is one who not only is willing to love us the way we are, but is able to leave us better than he found us.

H
hw Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Great Karenna,<P>Don't forget to post what you most urgently/specifically want prayed for.

S
S
Hi Ladies,<BR>Week has been interesting. Hubby has cooled his jets quite a bit and now stepdaughters are here and so his time is a bit more occupied. PTL! Some improvement in talking things over. Is keenly aware that I will put the responsibility for his issues back on his shoulders, so is less likely to try. Has been more affectionate.<P>Kind of hard for me to articulate on prayer requests tonight. That hubby finds a Jonathon in his life, a friend like one who befriended David, that they could form a spiritual bond and hold one another accountable. My husband says he has never had a friend like that and I feel sad for him.<P>That I am able to continue to speak truth from my heart in love and not from a hard heartedness and uncaring position. That my husband's ears are opened and hears that heart and not some mythical between the lines thing. That my yeses will be yeses and my no's remain a strong no. <P>That God continues to mold me into his likeness and continues to remove the dross. That I am willing to be plyable in that molding process. <P>That we both hunger for the things of God and become passionate about seeking His face together and that our unity begins here.<P>Thanks for the prayers. HW, I will be praying after the kids go to be tonight, be it 9 or 10. You are such an example of tenacity. You keep me going girl!

H
hw Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I keep hitting a key or something that throws me out of the replies I make. I have to start all over. This has happened too much today.<P>Sue, as I wrote thank you for joinung us in prayer. I know this is short notice, but I just felt the need to do this. Glad to hear of small successes.<BR>I have had a very hard time with this little set back. It is like I am under a cloud. I know that God is in charge and this is nothing to Him. But I feel a fog betwen us. I have a hard time sticking to prayer and I know that prayer, praise and fasting always clears it up for me.<P>Thanks for your support, Sue and Karenna.<P>Lord,<BR>I come before you tonight at the beginning of this extended prayer time. Lord, I lift up all the women who post here, and ask that they receive Your encouragement, compassion love, and hope. Increase their faith, hope in You. Lord You know the needs of each one of us,. Lord I pray thay you fill those needs in amighty way. <BR>Lord, go before us and prepare each wife's husband to receive Your Spirit so they may know You . Lord, loose each husband from those beliefs, attitudes, behaviors that are not from you. Bind them to the mind of Christ and their wives in the Name of Jesus and by His blood shed for us. Restore each one of these marriages according to Your design. Lord, touch each man to give up the things in their lives that are not from you. Let each husband see their wife according to how Yoe see them. Let each wife see her husband according to Your view. Lord I praise You for the restoration of each one of these marriages.<BR>Lord, help me to focus on You. Help me to rebuke satan and tell him to get behind me and all the other marriages represented here by the authority given to me by the blood of Jesus. Lord, find Your sheep and call them to You. Rope and tie them to return them to Your pasture. Lord, I praise You for the God You are, always ready to love us, forgive us, instruct us, and bring us comfort. Thank You Jesus. I pray and begin this prayer vigil with this prayer to You. In Jesus name, Amen.

E
E
HI, I'll take the 10-11 spot on Monday night.<P>Here, I am confused. H and i have been increasingly closer, more affectionate, more sexually involved, more socially involved with our friends (dates Friday and Saturday of bith this weekend and last) H has been so much more into the baby coming..we registered at the baby store, toured the hospital, and have been very involved with watching the new waves she makes in my tummy when she moves now.)H has been complimentary and helpful.And I have not seen evidence of H contacting OW UNTIL yesterday...twice it seems he called her #..whether they spoke I don't know.<P>However, H still lives in guest room. H still won't admit to me that OW lost the baby, still won't talk to me about anything that would indicate he has recommitted himself to the marriage long term, still won't kiss me or say I love you or wear his ring (all very important to me), still tells his best friend that he is hoping OW will move here<BR>Before I request, I want to praise the Lord for all the good things that I have just mentioned, and for Him giving me the strength to be patient and persevere. And I praise Him for putting h's good friends in a helping spirit...for laying it on their hearts to talk to me about the things they know H won't share with me and to let me know of their support in favor of our marriage and emotional support for me. It has meant so much to me that they care. And I praise God for sending me to these boards and to the women here who so often lend me their strength when mine fails.<BR> My prayer requests are that God will continue to strenghten the bonds between H and myself. That He will use me to teach h about god's love and mercy. That He will continue to put distance between H and OW..emotional and physical distance. That God will continue to let this baby be a vessel through which He can speak to and touch H. That God will speak to H each time he sleeps in the other room and encourage his return to the bed we shared. That God will lay on H's heart the necessity to openly discuss what is happening and what plans he has for us.<P>And finally, I ask that God continue to provide the friends in whom H confides the words to guide H in the direction of God's will. Right now they are the only people he is talking to honestly about things and they seem to be the only ones he listens to.<P>One final, unrelated prayer request...my grandma goes for her colon cancer surgery Thursday..please keep her in your prayers.<P>Kim

H
hw Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Kim,<BR>Thanks for joining us. I posted your name next to the time and will be praying for you.

U
U
Gee hw I am experiancing the similar.. My H's OW cheated on him, I think hes so hurt that he cant see that this is the same he has put me through.<P>My prayer is that H realizes the hurt and destruction he has caused to his wife and family... That he comes to the point of Godly repentance.... <P>I don't know what to think, but I'll join the prayer times.... 7-8 am and then 5-6 pm when Im driving to and from work.... at least 1 hour commutes are good for something! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>God knows whats best, and Im just waiting for his will...... I still have things that God and I have to work on too. I am so numb about my feelings for my husband.... I don't have any feelings other than pain... I guess Im tired of being in limbo for such a long time... I want to quit...... How many years of wrongness is too many? <P>Well, thats the scoop in short..... I need to post the long version, but not now, no time to do so....<P><P>------------------<BR>Jesus is the only answer!<BR>His blessings, Cozy

H
hw Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Cozy,<BR>thanks for your response.<BR>I dont know why this threw me for such a loop. A week ago my h is saying how much his perception of me has changed, told the ow he wanted to date me, and that "now you'll get complaicent" I assured him I did not want to return to what we had before. Then wammo!<BR>I guess I have a hard time understanding why that the fact that she seems to have done this on purpose doesn't matter, only his reaction to it?<BR> It has been too mny years for me also. I also onder if for me it kicked up the feelings associated with the original finding out.<BR>However, prayer really helped last night and I am going to praise our Lord all day. Praise the Lord, that He is the Lord and He is working to perfect us and our spouses! <BR>Thanks for your prayers.

A
A
I am finally back! I sure missed you all!!!! <P>hw - what a great idea. Count me in. I'll take Tues 7 - 8 PM time slot. The times are EST, right? <P><B>PLEASE</B> include my prayer request that follows. The trip to MN was horrible to say the least. H was in a drunken stupor the whole time, mean and arrogant. He picked fights with me, belittled me in front of his relatives, and much more that I won't go into now. <P>My prayer request is first and foremost for my husband's salvation. I pray that the Lord bring him to total brokenness soon, and that my husband's eyes and ears are opened to the Truth, I pray that Satan and his evil influences are bound and unable to attack me or my husband, I pray that the Holy Spirit takes over my husband, convicting him, drawing him to the Lord in such an overpowering way that he can no longer resist. I pray that the Lord deliver David from his addictions, and that just the thought of drinking makes him so wretchedly ill he cannot stand it, and I pray that the Lord will show him that Jesus is the only answer, the only way, and is what is lacking in his life. I pray that the Lord hold my husband accountable for his behavior, and that he will get into the batterer's intervention counseling session that the Lord wants him in, I pray that Holy Spirit filled Christians are placed in David's path constantly, witnessing to him. I pray that a huge wedge of discord is placed between David and his drinking buddies, I ask the Lord to please, please save his soul from the pit of the enemy. I pray that the Lord reveal to David that his vicious remarks and behavior towards me in front of our son will cause emotional problems in our son. I pray that the Lord take control of this entire situation and my marriage giving me peace. I ask the Lord to give me His perfect wisdom to make the right decisions.<P>Whew. A lot to ask for huh. Its been a rough few days. One thing I'll add to the update is that David received a letter from the women's shelter stating that he has been dropped from enrollment with them due to his lack of attendance and failure to start the weekly program. I pray the Lord speaks to him mightily about this and uses it towards His perfect will for David's life.

H
hw Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Yeah,<BR>Glad you are back. I prayed all weekend for you. I'm so sorry it did not go better. Don't you just want to video tape him at his worst and show it to him when he is sober! <P>Anyways, I wrote you an email and told you the whoas of my weekend. <P>I'm glad you are back and joining us. Of course prayer as usual at 11: EST> and yes the times are EST.<P>Thanks aw, know I am praying for you.

M
M
I'd like to join....since my time is 6 hours behind, I'll take Tuesday night, 8-9pm (which is 2-3pm my time). <P>My request is short and sweet....<P>Lord, please do a 180 degree turnabout in my H's heart and life. <P>This is a big one...but I really am at the point that I don't think I could renew my relationship with him unless he changed in SO MANY areas! I don't mean to tell God how to do it, but that's just my desire.<P>Thanks!<BR>Mrs.O

H
hw Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Sorry, I didn't see this earlier. Sounds great and thanks for joining us. The Lord has really shown me some things about my situation. Doesn't change anythig but s helping me to understand my reaction. It always works that way when I fast and pray. What ever is bothering me is usually something I need to let go of more. The Lord, is so good. Praise Him. I will bb posting the Tues cyber tea prayer later. Thanks again Mrs O, I am praying for you.

A
A
hw - I have been reading the book "How God Can and Will Restore Your Marriage" by Erin Thiele. Tonight I read something I wanted to share with you (quoted from the book):<P>"Intensity of your trials is a sign that you are close to victory. Your trials may intensify when you are close to gaining the victory. 'For this reason, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them. Woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, knowing that he has only a short time.' Rev 12:12<P>Our troubles over the past few days are reason to rejoice hw, because He is working a miracle in our husbands' lives. The Lord is still with us.<P>PS - I got your email but haven't had a chance to reply yet. I've had a lot of messages to catch up on since I've been gone!

H
hw Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Thank you aw for those words. That thought has crossed my mind. It is amazing, I'll write more to you later. But about an hour ago, all of a sudden the gloom just lifted. I feel confident and what evil plagued me just left. I trust the Lord, always, but now I feel the trust, now I feel He is victorious.! I feel that God is in control. The doubts are gone. Praise the Lord!!!!!!! that all is okay. It was a very strong battle though. In fact the last two episodes have been really intense, but in between them there was an even sweeter peace. WoW! I am glad I fasted through it and I have been reading Luke, 18:1-6 about the persistant widow. That is part of what caused me to loosly organize this prayer vigil. I saw less were posting which sometimes mean they are really struggling and also it just seems that a lot of storms are brewing in people's lives. <BR>So again, I am so glad you are back and now it is time for me to go to Cyber tea and pray. Thank you my friend, I needed that affirmation. Praise the Lord, for driends like you and this forum.

C
C
Hi Ladies,<BR> update, h much warmer, more intimacy, my thoughts have gone from, "I don't know what is going to happen to " we will probably be ok, if we keep working at it. However, my prayer request tonight is about a n obsession I seem to have. It is about a co-worker and friend of my h, she works for him. My problem, even though I feel sure there is no affair, I am extremely envious of her and feel very insecure when she is around. Her and her h golf with us occ. and she likes to buy things for our kids. She just seems able to fill alot of the needs, my h can't get from me right now. She is interested in his work, is young, slim. pretty, smart. My prayer request is for the wisdom to know what to do with this, do I share it, in the presence of our counsler, and also if there is anything I should know, let it be revealed, should i ask for forgiveness, and forget it, I am very mixed up about it. Also, where is Cyber Tea? Is it a chat room?

A
A
Dear Heavenly Father, thank You Lord for the greatest gift to all, your son Jesus. We are not worthy of this awesome gift, thank You Lord for Your saving Grace. We come before You tonight humbled, asking for Your help in our lives. Our trials are many, help us Lord to rejoice in these trials, knowing the enemy is shaking in his boots because of your almighty power. Help us Dear Lord to remember that You are always the victor, and we claim the victory in Jesus name. Some of us are burdened with an unfaithful spouse, some with addicted spouses, unbelieving spouses, abusive spouses. Let our hearts be filled with a tremendous peace from You, Lord. Help us Father to turn our burdens over to You, and keep us from trying to take them back. Give us deeper faith Lord, draw each praying wife even closer to you as she goes through the crisis. <P>Lord, I pray for hw, asking that You shower her with Your peace and understanding. Increase her faith Lord. She loves You with all her heart and has been a faithful servant. Father I pray for her husband Jack's soul. Bring him to the foot of the cross, broken before You. Thank You Father for exposing the OW, and filling Jack's heart with love for his wife hw. Let her be the desire of his heart. Please remove the OW completely, as far into the wilderness as possible, removing her from Jack as far as east is from west. Let Jack see her evil ways. Instruct Jack, Lord while he works, while he relaxes, while he sleeps. Let Your truth be evident to him no matter which way he turns. Only You Lord can turn a heart. I pray that Jack's heart is turned first to you then to his wife, hw.<P>Lord I lift up SueB to you now, praising You for the wonderful works You are doing in her life and her husband's life. Father please bring them closer together, in unity, seeking You, putting You at the center of their marriage. Thank You Lord for bringing the stepdaughters into the picture. We praise You Lord. Father we ask that You would send a spirit filled Christian man to SueB's husband for spiritual accountability and friendship. Keep SueB's husband's ears and eyes opened, focused upon You. Please keep molding SueB into the kind of Christian wife You want her to be. Thank You Father for this dear Sister in Christ, I pray that You will bless her abundantly.<P>Father I ask that You be with emptyinside tonight and every day, giving her peace during her trial. Lord, please bring her husband to repentance before You. Save his soul Lord, rescue him from the clutches of the enemy. I pray that the spirit of adultery is bound and cast out of emptyinside's husband and the spirit of fidelity is loosed in her husband. Let her husband be filled with the spirit of love, fidelity, honesty, commitment. Thank You Lord for the restoration of this marriage. We believe in You for all things, all our trust is in You Father for You are almighty, and the king of kings. Please fill emptyinside's husband with a deep longing and desire for his wife and only her. Please send the OW as far away from this husband as possible. Let her be repentant Lord. Let Your will be done Lord.<P>Lord, I pray for our dear sister cozy. Father her husband is deep into the sin of adultery, I pray that his sin is exposed, his eyes and ears are opened. Bring him to the ground flat on his face, fully repentant before You. Let him recognize his sin for what it is, sin, let him confess it with weeping, laying himself prostrate before You and be healed. Thank You Lord for giving Cozy peace, and healing for her broken heart. <P>Jesus, Mrs. O needs you tonight. I pray that the Holy Spirit envelops her, drawing her even closer to You. Let Your peace descend upon her, giving her comfort. Turn her husband's heart Lord, first to You then to his wife, Mrs.O. Let their marriage be restored according to Your will. I pray that her husband's soul is saved, and in Jesus' name we claim victory and take back what the enemy has stolen. All glory is Yours Lord.<P>Father, I come before You praying for Carol14. Calm her fears Lord, erase them from her mind. Replace them with Your perfect peace. Lord, I ask in Jesus' name that You give Carol your wisdom, guide her every thought and word concerning her husband's co-worker. Let her know when to speak and when to be quiet. Let her husband see her from a new perspective, the way You see her. Give her husband a deep abiding love for her. Let their marriage grow and flourish, becoming better than either could have ever imagined. Thank You Father for this restored marriage. <P>You are almighty Father. We worship You and give You all our praises. Holy Spirit please intercede on our behalf for we do not always know what or how to pray. Thank You Lord, thank You. In Jesus' precious name I pray, AMEN.<P><p>[This message has been edited by Alcoholic's Wife (edited June 20, 2000).]

J
J
just lost my post......oh well, just wanted to say it is almost 12am where am, and my prayers are with you.<P>Thank you for all you have given, and I think back over the past six months of our praying for each other- since Dec I think....<P>Anyway, I am going to say goodbye to all of you and hope and pray God restores our marriages.Yes, I believe that God heals marriages, and pray always for this to happen.To each and every one of us.<BR> Aw, it is a good book.<BR>I am reading it also.("God can and will restore your marriage")<P>Right now I have to focus on finding somewhere to live, and need to stay away from the forum,because reading about everyone's h's ow, and pregnancies---God bless you--- I just don't have the stamina at this time to hear the pain again and again.The fact that these other women have the audacity to cheat with someone else's husband and not care(husbands also.) I believe that people who cheat are: narcissistic(sp?), impulsive, and lack empathy for others.<P>I also remember how addicted I became to the computer when I was getting support for infertility, and my h said from the other room:"I don't have a wife anymore"How I wish I had that night back again. I would never talk "baby" again.I would also run from the computer and not look back.<P> He missed me so much while I was so involved in writing to people on the forums,etc. That is probably my<BR> reluctance to be on much since July of 99. I keep hearing those words, and know<BR> I can't have that night back.<P>I pray for God to give me a second chance.To change me, to change my whole situation, to redeem my H.<BR>IJN<P>Love, Joynicole<P>Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.<P>It is much closer for some of us to be restored,I will still always pray for you...<P>Praying now, and after I post this, I will stay in prayer.<BR>

J
J
P.S.<BR>One more thing---I am praying extra for you wives who have to watch your h's go through the pain over someone else....to me that just adds insult to injury, witnessing this......<P>I pray extra blessings to you,<BR>Jn

U
U
WELL, the times I posted were my time PST so I was praying 3 hours earlier than the first post stated....... Oh well, I also found some peace in just knowing I have to be still and see what my mighty God is doing...... Ya know there is peace in knowing and praying that when HE wants you to join in and do something that you will know....... How many years I wonder has the longest wait for a spouse accumulated???????? <P><BR>Thank you all for being prayer warriors of Gods....... Children of the King........ Mighty Nations......... A Holy Priesthood... AND YES DEFINATLY... "A piculiar people" [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><P>------------------<BR>Jesus is the only answer!<BR>His blessings, Cozy

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 697 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation