Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#352722 06/22/00 11:57 AM
A
OP Offline
A
My husband called to tell me his boss just informed him that he needs to fly back to CA tonight. No notice, nothing. A couple of days ago I was praising the Lord for working out the situation so David didn't have to go back, since his boss had told him last week he would stay here and oversee the jobs here in TX. Husband has only been back 2 weeks.<P>Husband has not started those courses yet. I had found out that there was another class scheduled to start next Wed. the 28th. I've been praying that the Lord place David in the right class, where he will be ministered to. Supposedly David's boss will fly him home next Tues. night. Please pray with me that if it be God's will, David comes back in time to start the courses, and the Lord keep him accountable for his behavior.<P>The Lord hears us, and I know he is with me, but it still hurts to have him leave again. With all that has happened lately, this was just another blow below the belt. Help me to get a good attitude about this, I'm sinking downward. I want to scream but then I'm reminded that the Lord has a purpose for everything that happens.

#352723 06/23/00 12:27 AM
K
K
The only sure thing in life is that if we obey the Lord, and keep His commandments, and walk in Jesus' way, we will be BLESSED.<P>The blessings God has in store for each of us may not be the ones we specifically are praying for, or may be granted in a most unexpected way.<P>Keep the faith, AW. I will continue to pray for you and David, and your son.

#352724 06/22/00 03:50 PM
M
MHW Offline
M
I am praying for you and your husband.

#352725 06/22/00 08:36 PM
H
hw Offline
H
AW,<BR>got your email but I haven't had a chance to answer you back. Aw seems like we both are in challenging places in this storm we are experiencing in our lives. <BR>My advice is the same as always and what I need to do. Seek to be in God's word through praising him, remember Paul & Silas (Acts 16:16- were jailed and were singing hymns and praying and the prison walls fell and the jailer and his family was converted. The point being praising the Lord in times of trouble. In fact I find singing praises easier than outright praising to get me started at least. Immerse yourself in Him. Read His word out loid. I was reading some og the Bible to my daughter the other evening and it was soothing me more than her.<BR>I also have begun to pray outloud. There is the principal that the devil can't read out thoughts. so by praying out loud The Lord's word is heard by evil.<BR>I am praying for you.<BR>Thanks so much for all your prayers.<p>[This message has been edited by hw (edited June 22, 2000).]

#352726 06/22/00 11:10 PM
U
U
Big hugs to you AW!!!<P>You know we will be here for you again...!<P>Last time David was gone I checked to see if you were on icq a few times just in case you were lonely....... You weren't there, but that won't keep me from checking again on you this time [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>God works in mysterious ways, His ways are not our own ways, and there is NO such thing as coincedence! Remember when David leaves that it is for someones good for our God is a compassionate God..........<P>Ill be praying for you! When are you the most down during the day (PST) so that I can make sure I lift you up especially then!<P><P>------------------<BR>Jesus is the only answer!<BR>His blessings, Cozy

#352727 06/22/00 11:14 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Got back a little bit ago from taking H to the airport. He is on his way to CA tonight [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>hw, yes it sure does seem like we end up in the midst of the storm at the same time doesn't it. I also feel that praising the Lord in times of trouble is the way to get through them. I have been thankful and praising Him late this afternoon after receiving the itinerary from his office. His return flight is booked for Tues the 27th! PTL PTL PTL [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] And David did say that he had to be back to go to the counseling on Wed the 28th! <B>Double PTL!!!</B> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>Ladies please join me in praising our Heavenly Father tonight. Lord Jesus, You are wonderful. Thank You so much for answering our prayers. I love You and worship You Jesus, You have given up so much and done so much for us, we can never repay You for all of it, but I can offer You all the love I have. My heart is Yours Jesus. You are my Redeemer, my Savior, my first true love. I know You will never, ever leave me nor forsake me. I will place all of my faith and trust in You dear Lord. Lord You are faithful to those who call on You and trust in You, You are always right there working all things together for our good, and I thank You from the bottom of my heart. Lord Jesus, I have been anxious and worried, and I am sorry for that. Please forgive me. Help me Father to seek You with my whole heart every day. Show me Lord where I need to change, and remind me constantly of what You want me to do. Thank You Father, You are glorious, all honor to You. There are not words in our language to describe my thankfulness. I treasure You Jesus. Help me Lord to "count it all joy" as I go through these trials. In Jesus' precious name I pray, AMEN

#352728 06/23/00 01:34 PM
H
hw Offline
H
Thanks AW,<BR>I am praying this praise to our Lord in agreement with You! I couldn't of said it better, so I will just agree with You. In Jesus Name, Amen.

#352729 06/23/00 06:51 PM
E
E
AW,<BR>You have been so good about joining me in prayer all these weeks. I too am praying in agreement with you tonight. And honestly, you couldn't have written a more beautiful, appropriate prayer for me to read at this vvery moment. I'll be thinking of you.<BR>Kim

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 697 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation