Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
My H & are tentatively back together. He still has his house, but has been sleeping at our house for over a month. We have great moments, uneasy times, humdrum everyday stuff, & once in awhile, the dreaded LB times. We know that being together is the best possible solution in God's eyes, but sometimes the obstacles seem overwhelming.<P>Before he moved home, he often asked if I wanted to pray with him, but once home, it seemed like we never prayed together, so last week I got the idea to pray with POPW, changing the pronouns to plural for "us, we". I like it. And just as the first time I went through the book, last Nov-Dec, nearly every prayer seems right on the target.<P>My H is also going to a men's Bible study on David...he comes home each Wed amazed at how God used a man who, even though annointed & chosen by God, had such struggles.<P>God has blessed me and I thank the women of this board for your prayers.<P>------------------<BR>Lor<BR>"Let love be genuine...hold fast to what is good; love one another." Rom 12:9-10

T
T
You both are growing so much, and I would not be surprised to find that there is a ministry for you both "together" as a result of your experiences! <P>Satan had a reason he wanted to destroy your marriage, Lor! But praise be to God who gives us victory through Christ Jesus!<P>Thanks for the update. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>

H
hw Offline
H
Lor,<BR>How encouraging. Those prayers are great and what a good idea to include you both in them. Cynthia Heald and her husband each have a complimentary study. Loving Your Wife/Loving Your Husband. That might be another idea for the both of you.<BR>They say those that pray together stay together. God will surely use that time to draw you both to him as one and build up your realationship as well. Praise the Lord! Consider praying an hour for us all during our prayer vigil starting tonight at sundown through tomorrow sundown. The open times are listed on the prayer vigil thread.<BR>Thanks for posting.

U
U
Oh Lor....... I am just so pleased for you! I have meant to e-mail you, as you and I have had so many ups and downs in common, but life is too busy..... I want to hear much much more on how recovery is going and what finally brought you to the point where you could once again consider trying, for I fear I am where you were before Gaurd had such a turn around, and I am afraid of how little feeling I have anymore...... <sigh><P>kozee@earthlink.net<P>------------------<BR>Jesus is the only answer!<BR>His blessings, Cozy

L
OP Offline
L
TNT--Satan is alive and well and on the prowl. Suddenly last night I realize it is 1 year ago that Guard disappeared for 6 hours...with her. Almost 2 years to the day that I got the first "I don't love you anymore" words. I started out trying to tell him how much pain those things had brought me, and it just turned nasty again. He didn't walk out though, only said I had to STOP TALKING. Which I managed to do. I know that's how you've settled down some matters in your household. Do we ever get to talk through to the bottom of our pain?<P>hw--thanks for your thoughts. I will join in prayer, if not a time slot.<P>Cozy--you probably understand as well as anyone how quickly recovery fears begin...when you've tried so many times and it just doesn't work...will this be the time it does, or does it join all the other crummy times? I just held my breath last night when Guard walked out of the room, wondering if he would go to his house, wondering if I'd either follow him or file those waiting divorce papers this morning. Scary.<P>I've got to let the past go, but every time I think I have, I look down and there it is dragging on one of my legs, making me limp along. In this case I blame the calendar makers [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

A
A
Lor, I am so happy for you and Guard that I could just cry! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Yes, I too believe that the family that prays together, stays together. There is soooo much power in prayer. God has something really <B>GOOD</B> in store for you both!<P>Praise God, the results of his work are awesome. God bless you both!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (DaisyTheCat2), 683 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation