Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#353261 08/07/00 10:35 AM
C
carol14 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
First I am thankful for the fact we are in counsleing, I am seeing small steps, the changes God has allowed me to make in improving my weight and attitude. and that h is still living with us. I am thankful for this forum and all i have learned here and the friends i have made. I can't express the comfort of knowing people i have never seen or heard are praying for me. I feel a special bond and I pray for all of you daily.<BR> My prayer request are that i will be more patient, that i can tolerate this pain, and stay on this rollercoaster ride. I also pray that my h is moved by the holy spirit to give us another chance. he is trying but it seems like he is holding back out of fear of the future. I ask God to let him see the changes i am making are permanent. I pray that he will see, that God is working through me to help him. I pray that God will give my h a new wife and let it be me. i pray constantly for his <BR>"in love" feelings " to return. Or for him to realize there is more to love than that. I also ask that his eyes are opened to the fact that it <BR>God hates divorce, and he will not be happier<BR>if he goes against that.<BR>i pray that i can continue to do plan A and continue to see small steps. I pray for growth within myself, to be more trusting of God's plan. I am thankful my h said he was praying again, and I am literally begging God to show us how to put our marriage back together. thanks amen<P>------------------<BR>change........the most consistant thing in our lives

#353262 08/07/00 11:04 AM
S
S
Wanted to keep all the prayer requests on the same page.<P>Progress Report.<P>I think I am getting the hang of this. I think reading and rereading is helping me to keep focused on what part is mine and how the boundaries on my behavior, feelings, etc. is supposed to work, especially the feeling thing, when I have to ask myself what I want to do about it, what boundary do I want to put on myself so that I am not angry sad, hurt, etc. Our weekend went a lot smoother, even though he had an outburst about feeling like he has to choose between the children and me and how he wants to reinforce to them that I am number one and how I feel he is pushing them away all the time and that is why they are reacting the way they are to me. I also was able to express concern for older child in that she appears to approaching pubity much faster as she is only 10 and how important fathers are in forming values in them for choosing boyfriends etc. and since they don't live with us but two months a year, he has a big job ahead of him as to show these girls how special they are and how boys should treat them in such a short time frame.<P>He was able to calm down not take it as a personal attack of he isn't being a good daddy, etc as he has done in the past and we really had a nice evening as he finally put more effort into getting them into bed at a decent hour.<P>So, I am praising God for these new insights, for getting these things though my head, for showing me how to change me in my effort to honor my husband. Praise for my husband's softened heart and for the baby steps we are making. <P>I ask for continued prayer and insight into these principles, my behavior and those logs in my eye that I need to change. I ask for the Lord to help me to remember those qualities that I fell in love with in my husband and for me to put into perspective the negative things that are occurring to remember that it is more about him than it is about me. I ask that He continues to show me how to consider my husband when considering myself and to not fail to consider myself and what God has for me to learn, etc. in the process.<P>I pray for all the ladies here that are struggling with boundary issues, that we can take the walls down with each other that we all might be willing to grow spiritually together with a oneness of spirit in our desire to honor the Father.<P>Thanks.

#353263 08/07/00 08:09 PM
E
E
First i am praising God every minute of every day for the restoration of my marriage and the loving feelings that h seems to be feeling toward me again. I am thankful every minute of every day that the baby I'm carrying appears at this point to be healthy and very active (though I am as uncomfortable as can be). Also, I thank God for allowing me to trust H again and that He has taken from me the strong urge to snoop...it is a blessing to be able to feel like I can trust h again.<BR>Now my prayer request...<BR> ...that God continue to support and grow this marriage in the way that is pleasing to Him<BR> ...that God give me the strength and wisdom to not let a crummy job situation affect my attitude at home (I've returned back to school to open the year and the administration has just done very ugly things to my schedule and class set-up...from bad last year to much worse, in spite of empty promises to make improvements over the summer)<BR> ...that God will protect my marriage now that H will be alone again during the day while I am at work, only being able to spend an hour or so with me before he goes to work when I come home. This was a stumbling block for us before OW...no time together left him vulnerable when opportunity presented itself.<BR> ...that God will bless the families of all the women who post here, that He will give them the strength to carry on even when it seems hopeless, and that He will in His time provide them with the miracles they need in their marriages.<P>I pray these things in Jesus' name.<BR>kim<BR>

#353264 08/07/00 09:00 PM
U
U
Okay..... Thank God that he is able to do exceedingly abundantly beyond all we can hope or even imagine...... Praise Him for His soveriegnty and love for His children.... Im thankful for His sons friendship and the salvation for the sacrifice He made......<P>I want to lift up the following areas to my sweet Father in heaven, My marriage that looks like its in the final phase as my husband finished the paper work he said and is ready to end things....... My job which has kept me away from my children (my first ministry and love on earth) far too many hours each day and I told my boss that I will be looking for something else closer to home and for less hours daily..... My finances, as I seem to be continueously creeping backwards as a single mom and I don't want to add to my overload........ Im burnt out and if I could stay home for a month and just cuddle with all my kids month it would be the best thing I could imagine at this time!!!!!!! Thank you for all your prayers I really appreciate each and every one and I'll be praying tonight at 8 PST... less than an hour away........ Bless you all!!!!!!!!!<P>------------------<BR>Jesus is the only answer!<BR>His blessings, Cozy

#353265 08/07/00 10:44 PM
K
K
Please pray for my family to have greater tolerance and forgiveness for each other's weaknesses. We are all a bit self-centered and testy these days. I know I am being a bit self-indulgent and wrapped in self-pity and worry. My thoughts keep straying to "not wanting to plan the funeral" instead of actually preparing for the birth. This is way big consequence for being attracted to a third party! <P>Pray for us to be more spiritual as a family as we pray together. Pray for my husband to continue in his progress in self-mastery and compassion for anyone besides himself. And pray for me to fall in love with him, or even "in like" as my friends used to say as kids.

#353266 08/07/00 11:26 PM
A
A
First, a good verse to ponder: "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11<P>My prayer request is for David's salvation, the Lord to continue His work in him bringing him to godly sorrow and true repentance, David's time in CA to be turned from what the enemy caused for evil to the good and glory of God, Holy Spirit filled Christians to be placed in David's path at every turn witnessing to him, the Lord to turn David's heart first to Him, then to me, filling David with a deep, abiding love for me, the wife of his youth, and <B>for David to come home ASAP!</B><P>God bless,<P>AW<BR>

#353267 08/08/00 07:59 AM
H
H
I want to praise the Lord for our new life, to thank Him for his works. I also want to pray that he continues working with me to keep me patient and loving. I pray for my friends at MB, may the receive strength every day and to be one step closer to a happy marriage. <P>I read in My Daily Word today the following prayer, <BR>"Help me, Lord, to place my worries at Your feet in prayer, Then to trust Your love and goodness As I leave them there."<P>Also, "worry is carrying a burden that God never intended us to bear", sometimes I worry so much that it makes me unhappy and those around me unhappy too, please Lord help me change that. <BR>Amen.<BR>Pookie

#353268 08/09/00 12:33 AM
H
hw Offline
H
My requests for the week. Praise the Lord, that He is still changing me and giving me insight into this situation. <BR>I pray for my backsliding husband to be reunited in relationship with Jesus. I pray that his eyes will be opened. I pray that if he does go away next week that the Lord will use it for his and our good and for God's glory.<BR>I pray that the Lord will show me where I am falling down and be specific. Help me to draw appropriate boundaries where I can taking into account that the end result is a fully restored marriage. Pray that I am drawn deeper into Christ and can really hear Him.<BR>I pray that my husband's love for me will be restored.<P>

#353269 08/08/00 07:20 PM
C
carol14 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
my prayer for tonight<BR>dear God,<BR>thank you for speaking to my h and reminding him you care. thank you that he is still living in our home, and seeking help from our counsler with me. oh God, i fear he has leaving on his mind. please speak to him again lord, please let him give me more time to change. I know what happens will be your will, but still i am afraid. he will be home in a few and said we will talk. Please let me listen without making sarcastic comments or crying. Please put words in my mouth that will help our situation. I am asking for strength to support my h through this confusing time. And for some relief of this pain, so i can concentrate on what i need to do. lord i lift up all the people on this forum, please give us strenth, faith and some peace in these very hard struggles. Thank you for your help so far, thank you for this forum and all the caring people. <BR>in Jesus name Amen

#353270 08/08/00 09:33 PM
T
T
Praises to our God, who is mighty and awesome. Bless His holy Name, it is majestic and powerful.<P>Praise report: Final papers on house is signed. Husband also hired someone to help him finish the remodal on the house we are in. We had a wonderful weekend, and all glory goes to the Lord, because this weekend we will be married 10 years. We are married 10 years because of God, not because of me or not because of my husband, too many times we felt like quitting, but God, who is the glue, and who always honors his promises, has held our marriage together. I am praising him, and pray that you praise and thank him as well.<P>I have a prayer request for me, that I can continue to grow, and that God would "gently" correct and change me to be the Godly wife of Proverbs 31. That my life would be lived soley to honor my Father, and also to be an honorable wife and mother, sister, daughter and friend. By me being changed to be all that God calls me to be, I also will be honoring my parents, by not bringing any disgrace on them. In that way, I will be following the 4th commandment, which has a promise "that we may live long on the earth".<P>Also, I want to lift up my good SIL, who is now divorced from her husband, but they have been seeing each other, and looking over some of the MB material. She is a Christian, and I know that she has been following the Phil McGraw books/workbooks. Father, I lift her up, and ask you to guide her in her life, and also bless her x husband, that he will come to know you in a new way. In Jesus Name - - - Amen.<P>

#353271 08/08/00 10:28 PM
A
A
Heavenly Father, I come before You tonight to praise You, worship You, and give all glory to You. I thank You for helping me grow closer to You, Praise You Jesus. I praise You Lord for Your Word which sustains us, and for the saving grace You give us.<BR>Lord, I pray that our husbands' eyes are opened so that they may see Your truth, and their ears are opened so they will hear and heed Your commands. Let them be enlightened Lord, so that they may know what is the hope of Your calling, what are the riches of the glory of Your inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of Your power towards those who believe. Please cause our husbands to pursue the Truth, fervently seeking You. Let them see You as never before Lord, cause them to hear Your voice calling them. Deliver them from their sins, binding Satan and loosing the spirits of love, faithfulness, fidelity, trust, kindness, gentleness, meekness, and hope in each husband. Let each husband draw strenghth from You Lord, as You draw them close to You. Thank You Father for the wisdom of SueB and others who share here on this forum, as they minister to us. I pray that You will be within their hearts, guiding each word. Thank You Lord for shining Your light of love down on each praying wife. You are our Savior, we Love You and worship You. I pray that Your Holy Spirit covers each praying wife, and her husband, with the blood of Jesus, protecting them from all attacks of the enemy. Praise You Jesus, You are the King of Kings! IJN I pray AMEN

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation