Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
O
OP Offline
O
I am discouraged and trying to pray through this. Please pray with me as the tears do not seem to stop and I have lost sight of hope. H has left (it was to be for several days) and he has been gone for several weeks with plans to remain gone until October...perhaps longer. He now states that if I want to put our marriage back together, then I will sell all, quit my job, leave my children and move away....To complicate matters, I have missed my period and have the symptoms of being pregnant. A child is a blessing from God, I realize this. I am the breadwinner, almost 44 years old (have 4 children and a grandchild), and financially it is a problem. I shared this possibility with my H and his reaction was devastating. He said that if I am, then I am on my own. He does not want to see me "go to seed" etc, because of another baby. He did want our daughter and she was planned. I did not plan nor hope for this turn of events, but as I look at our beautiful daughter, it seems unthinkable to not love this one as well. I just do not know how I will be able to manage my overfull life with this added burden. I am trusting that God will have a plan, that he will not abandon me because of my foolishness. Please pray for me as I am discouraged and feeling quite alone in all of this.

S
S
Father God, we thank you that we can come to you for any thing, that you tell us to lay our burdens at your feet and that you will give us peace beyond all understanding. You know everything about this marriage, the demands made by this husband of this wife, you know of the possible pregnancy, the issues concerning the children. Father help oneday put all things in your perspective to see things from your angle. If she is indeed pregnant Father, we thank you for the miracle of life and for how you will care for this child and this mother through all the trials ahead. Build her faith Father that she may stand head held high through wahtever adversity comes her way. Help her to see what a unique child of yours she is. Encourage her Father and give her wisdom each step of the way. Plant loving sisters around her where she lives to encourange and to mentor her, to help her grow in You. Bless her this day Father, IJN, Amen.

L
L
Onedayatatime, my heart goes out to you. Thank goodness you found your way here for comfort and support. I've prayed more in the last two weeks than I have in my entire life. I feel a bit unnerved at placing my burdens, not just my hand-picked ones but all of them, in God's hands. It just seems too uncertain. You sound like a strong person already, but I pray for you to become even stronger. I pray that you will know how to give your burdens away and place your faith in God. This is what I've been working on for the last few days. It's scary. I feel uncertain, which makes me feel like I must be botching my efforts with God as badly as I've botched my finances. All of a sudden about 3:00 yesterday afternoon, I felt weight lifted from my shoulders. I felt so much better! My finances are just as bad today as they were yesterday. But now I feel better. I hope you'll come here every day too and learn the lessons that will lead to peace within yourself.

H
hw Offline
H
oneday,<BR>I tried to write last night, but the computer was acting up. I prayed for you.<BR>Lord, <BR>Thank you for this child of yours. Lord, we know that You are sovereign. Since this is truth then we know that You are in this and that this has been allowed. Ah, Lord we also have the promise that You will use all things for good. Lord, help oneday to know this truth about You. Let her lso know that You are the great Provider. You provide all our needs. Lord, help her unbelief. Lord strengthen her faith and increase her faith and hope in You. Lord we can stand on Your promises. Lord when we focus on Your promises and not how things appear, You do bring us peace, comfort, hope and faith. It is always there as You are, but when we focus on the circumstances they form a cloud in front of these promises that are invisible for the moment, but still there. When we focus on Your promises the cloud dissolves and we are able to see You and Your promises. Praises , and thanks to our Geart Lord and the Son of his who died for us, Amen.<p>[This message has been edited by hw (edited August 25, 2000).]

A
A
Father God, I praise You in the highest for the work being done in onedayatatime's life. Lord we come to You, praise You, worship You, to give You Honor and Glory. Lord You are above all. Thank You for Your patience, for Your unending love for us, for Your Word. Thank You Lord that You want none to<BR>perish, and all to come to redemption, even onedayatatime's husband. Thank You Lord for forgiving him, for saving him, for loving him. What hope you give us Lord in our most troubled times. Lord we just cry out to You. Call to onedayatatime's husband, let him find no other refuge except turn to You. Father, guide onedayatatime as she makes decisions, please let her know without a shadow of a doubt what Your will is for her. I ask it in Jesus's name. Thank You Jesus for the miracles You are working. IJN I pray, AMEN.

O
OP Offline
O
Dear Sue B, Lonesome Heart, HW, and Alcoholic's Wife....thank you for your prayers. I have received encouragement and peace and I know that prayers are the only reason as nothing has changed in the natural. I truly needed others to stand with me through this trial with prayer. The Lord has not shown me a plan for all of this, but a peace in just waiting it all out for the moment....a sense that anything is possible. He has also reminded me of the many other crisis that he has seen me through. I am even feeling better physically...and I was able to make it through my long day at work. Perhaps the place I was hit hardest is in one of my weak areas....I have a hard time forgiving my own mistakes and know that I was to blame for this added complication to my life. In the past three years, my relationship with the Lord has grown immensely and he has been working with me in the area of forgiving myself. Silly, huh....even my boss tells me that I apologize and take responsibility for things that I have no need to blame myself for. I have felt the Lord gently reminding me of other mistakes I have made in recent years and that I had no choice but to boldly bring my mess to him and ask for his help. He never has deserted me and I know that his mercy is extended to us and with such love. I know he grieves at our foolishness, but he does not abandon us. Your prayers have been felt and his love has been shown through each of you....Thank you

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 761 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation