Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#353848 09/27/00 05:01 AM
A
OP Offline
A
The Lord always knows what I need to hear! The following came to me in my email. Having the joy of the Lord in our hearts even though we are in the midst of the trial is what gets us through. <P>=============================================<BR>The Lord is My Shepherd<P>My Cup Runneth Over<P> I had a friend once who said, “Isn’t it just like God? Just when you think He has given you everything He could possibly give you, He up and surprises you and gives you more.” In this scripture the Psalmist doesn’t say “He fills my cup.” That would be wonderful enough all by itself, but He says, “My cup runneth over.” God gives us everything we need, everything we want, and then He gives us even more. <P> No wonder we sing, shout, dance, cry and run the aisles with joy. We simply cannot hold inside ourselves the exuberance of feeling which comes when we understand exactly how much God has given to us. <P> If all God did was save our souls and give us a place in Heaven, that alone would be enough for our cup to run over with joy. But he does more. He gives us “life abundantly.” He gives us blessings which are “new every morning.” He invites us into his presence where there is “fullness of joy” and has us sit at His right hand where there are “pleasures forevermore.” <P> I am amazed at people who claim to be Christian who seem afraid to smile. They spend their lives effectively sharing in the suffering of Christ, but never sharing in His joy. Pain does not cancel joy. God never told us that His joy was contingent on our circumstances. In fact, he tells us to look to Jesus who “for the joy that was set before him endured.” <P> In the midst of my most difficult trials when the midnight darkness surrounded me with a blanket of pain, God lifted my head to see the stars shining in the darkness and gave me a song of joy in the night. And in those moments, in spite of the circumstances of my life, my cup ran over, and God sweetened my tears of sorrow with tears of joy.<P> Every day when we arise to greet the day, we can lift up our cups to heaven above and he will pour out a blessing upon us which will not only fill those cups to the brim but will fill them so full that they will overflow and splash over on those around us. So, our joy then, is not just about our personal comfort. No, far from it. When we are filled to overflowing we share that joy with others. Just being in the presence of a Christian should bring joy to others. I don’t think God fills us to overflowing to waste that extra blessing. I think that he gives it to us to share with others. <P> So, let us come to the fountain today, whether in laughter or tears, hold out our vessels and receive the blessings of God in abundance. Then carry those vessels to others and share God’s joy with them so that they, too, may have cups which “runneth over.”<BR>

B
B
Ohhh AW [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] how I've missed you!!! Thank you for giving me something to carry with me throughout my day. xxoo<P>"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19<P>"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need you will abound in every good work." 2 Corinthinas 9:8<P><P>------------------<BR>The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9<P>BabyDoll (Paula :D)

Q
Q
Since you replyed to my entry I wanted to read yours. That was really beautiful. As I read tears filled my eyes. Thank you for helping me to remember that the joy of the Lord is a constant and is given in abundance.<P>------------------<BR>QueenB

S
S
Thought I would add this was from Zondervan Daily Thought for September 28, 2000<P>During that long period, the king of Egypt died. The Israelites groaned in their slavery and cried out, and their cry for help because of their slavery went up to God. God heard their groaning and he remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac and with Jacob. So God looked on the Israelites and was concerned about them.<BR>Exodus 2:23-25 (NIV)<P>God's rescue doesn't always come the moment we want it. God had promised to bring the Hebrew slaves out of Egypt. The people had waited a long time for that promise to be kept, but God rescued them when he knew the<BR>right time had come. God knows the best time to act. When you feel that God has forgotten you in your troubles, remember that God has a time schedule we can't see.<P>Taken from the Life Application Bible, New International Version.<P>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 788 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
daveamec, janyline, Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya
71,833 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation