Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#353937 10/04/00 03:32 PM
T
Taj Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I have been becoming more and more aware of the need to Praise our Lord. I tend to petition Him more then I praise Him. My understanding of praise is simply acknowledging who God declares Himself to be. He has revealed Himself in His word and shown us His awesome character.<P>Please everyone, join me in praising God by declaring who He is......<P>I praise You God for You are:<P>Compassionate<BR>Gracious<BR>Slow to anger<BR>Abounding in love<BR>Faithful<BR>Merciful<BR>Powerful<BR>God of all comfort<BR>Forgiving<BR>Good<BR>Great<BR>Does marvelous deeds<BR>One true God<BR>Deliverer<P>And that is just from what He tells me in Psalm 86!<P>What does He tell You?<BR>

H
hw Offline
H
Taj:<P>I absolutely agree! Praise is pleasing unto the Lord. He lives in praise. And to tell you the truth, I feel so much closer and better about things when I get into praising the Lord.<P>Praise the Lord, <BR>He can work through those who praise Him<BR>Praise the Lord. For our God inhabits praise<BR>Praise the Lord,, For the chains that seem to bind you<BR>Serve only to remind you<BR>That they drop powerless behind you<BR>When you praise Him<P>fron Jonathan Pierce song<P>I love this chorus above. It really encourages me.<P>Praise be to You, O Lord<BR>God of our Father Israel<BR>from everlasting to everlasting<BR>Your, O Lord, is the greatness and the power<BR>and the glory and the majesty and the splendor<BR>for everything in heaven and earth is Yours.<BR>Yours, O Lord, is the kingdom<BR>You are exalted as head over all<BR>Wealth and honor come from You<BR>You are the ruler of all things<BR>In Your hands are strength and power<BR>to exalt and give stregth to all<BR>Now our God we give You thanks<BR>Everything comes from You, and we have given You only what comes from Your hand.<BR> 1 Chronicles 29:10-13, 15<P><BR>Father You are <BR>unchanging,<BR>faithful,<BR>Holy<BR>righteous<BR>just<BR>all knowing<BR>comfort<BR>a tower of refuge and strength<BR>all that I need<BR>all that I am<BR>an ever patient Father<BR>God who keeps His promises<BR>the hopw in the darkest night<BR>a light in the deepest storm<BR>a lloving Father<BR>who gives us grace<BR>and forgiveness<P>Praise the Lord<BR>O my soul all my inmost being, Praise His Holy name<BR>Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits<BR>who forgives all your sins<BR>and heals all your diseases<BR>who redeems your life from the pit<BR>and crowns you with love and compassion<BR>who satisfies your desires with good things<BR>so that your youth is renewed like the eagles<P>Psalm 103:1-5<P>Thanks Taj for starting this. I hope others will joion us.<P>

T
Taj Offline OP
OP Offline
T
The Word says, "God inhabits the praises of His people", and if we don't praise Him the "rocks will cry out".<P>I Praise You God for your awesome works of creation, you create something out of nothing and that is what you do with our marriages Lord. You take that which is broken, battered, empty, vacant, sad, hurtful, hopeless and turn it into a thing of beauty to behold. Whether we are alone or in recovery You make all things beautiful.<P>God is all-knowing<BR>God sees everything<BR>God is able<BR>God is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end<P>Father, though You have allowed trouble to come into our lives we praise You for You have a purpose. We know that "all things work together for good for those who love you and are called according to Your purpose". We praise You and await the good You have promised.<BR>In Jesus Name I Pray

O
O
I was reading in II Chronicles last night and this scripture was heartening to me. It is awesome as it is one of the many places where the bible speaks of the power of praising our God. In chapter 20, we are told of that the children of Moab and Ammon (in great multitude)came against King Jehoshaphat in battle. Judah and Jeruselum were forewarned and prayed to God and God answered them telling them "Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not your's, but the God's." He said in verse 17 "Ye shall not need to fight in this battle; set yourselves, stad ye still, and see the salvation of the Lord with you. After arriving where the battle was to take place, All Judah and Jeruselum began praising God. God won the battle for them as they stood and praised him. These scriptures really spoke to me. What an awesome God, what a big God. II Chronicles 6 says "O Lord God of our fathers, art not thou God in heaven? and rulest not thou over all the kingdoms of the heathen? and in thine hand is there not power and might, so that none is able to withstand thee?" I praise God for fighting my battle for me when I am unable to do so.

T
Taj Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I praise the Lord for knowing the beginning from the end. He goes before me and even though I am unaware He is at work and is in control.<P>A couple of months ago I asked for prayer and was concerned when our counselor basically dropped us! I was frustrated and just plain didn't understand how she could do that when I felt we were just getting started. Well, today we received a letter from her informing all her clients she was moving out of state! Zowie!!!!! God knew!<P>Had we continued with her we would of really been in a world of hurt for we would of been into the specific therapy she was proposing. As it was she dropped us before it got started.<P>God is so good and went before us to spare us from further complications in our recovery.<P>Praise the Lord!

A
A
Taj, what a great post! I'm printing it out so that I can use it for praise reference during prayer time. <P>You are right about needing to spend more time praising God as opposed to petitioning Him. Lately I guess I've been doing a lot of petitioning...... God begins to work when we praise Him.<P>hw - "Praise the Lord" is my very favorite song! I think I am going to wear out my CD!!! I love those words to it, and they are so true, God does inhabit our praises.<P>I'm praising Him for the changes he's making in me, and the upcoming salvation of my husband, for I KNOW he is working right now in his life!<P>AMEN Praise God!

H
hw Offline
H
aw,<P>You once told me that, and I guess at the time I hsad not listened to the song enough. But it is my favorite too. After I listen to it I sing it happily in my head all day long. It helps me to focus on God. Maybe someday we will get together ans we can sing it together to the Lord, LOL. (even though I don't sing too well)

T
Taj Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Rootbeer!!!!!!<P>So great to see your post! I miss you so much my friend and pray for you whenever your name comes to mind.<P>One more thing to praise the Lord for, friendships which I have made on this forum and also one magnificent prayer warrior "hw".<P>Truly God inhabits the praises of His people.<P>Lets just lift our hearts toward heaven and praise the Lord!

W
W
Ditto.....<BR>I find my self just asking all of the time, wanting all of the time.<P>Now it's TIME to praise and to be thankful. You folks are an inspiration. I am slowly learning all of the stories and hope to share more of myself as well. I guess my story is complicated but not anymore so than anyone elses.... And PRAISE GOD we all have THE WORD and THE PROMISES to rely on!<P>Just wanted to say hi and thanks to you... God led me to this site when I really needed it, isn't He awesome! Peace, Laurie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

A
A
Hi Y'all! Lets all just keep Praising Him over and over today. If we take a moment to think about what is GOOD in our lives, and say a quick thank-you prayer to Him, we'll feel better all day. <P>There have been many days I don't feel AT ALL like praising God..... then I remember what hw reminded us of, that God inhabits our praises. So, what I'm trying to do now is when I start feeling down and get the negative feelings if I can't pray I play a praise music CD. It helps me every time. <P>Lord, thank You for providing us a way to fellowship with other Christian wives through this forum. What a blessing from You! Lord I praise You and give You all glory for the great changes You are causing in our lives. I am ever thankful for the work You are doing in me and my marriage. I thank You for Your Word, and for the message You sent to me today. Praise You Jesus in the highest, Your name is above all others! IJN AMEN

T
Taj Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Just wanted to praise the Lord for a special prayer time I had with another woman from church. We will be meeting every Thurs. morning to pray for our church and for individuals as they come to mind.<P>I also was able to share with her "my story". She wasn't shocked (PTL!) just embraced me and prayed all the more fervently. God is so good!<P>More has happened to me in the past two weeks since I have made praise my focus. I am blessed to be a child of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.<P>Thanks for sharing waiting4ever, your praises make this a chorus of praise, I too am inspired by the woman on this forum.<BR>

C
C
I also praise God for the people he has put in my life, it seems everywhere I go Christian women esp. are supporting me. Even the ones who don't know my situation, seem to understand and say the right thing.<BR>I praise God for giving me the courage and resources to jump in and lead the women's prayer circle, it has become such a blessing, we have a group of 5 women so far, from different generations, young mothers, mid-lifers, and a few grand-mothers!! God is blessing all of us in a very special way. <BR>I also lift up all of you in that meeting as well. The other night, we did praise and adoration, so long, there was only 5 minutes left for supplication!!!!!!!!!!! amen

H
hw Offline
H
Our God is truly a mighty God. When we cry out, He hears us and soothes us. <P>When we feel all alone, He reaches out and calls us back to Himself. <P>When we sin, He reminds us that Jesus saved us, and we are welcome to come back to Him. <P>When we loose all faith in everything and forget to pray, He is faithful and covers us. <P>When we are neglectful of our quiet time, He is waiting for us to return.<P>When we get lost, He is standing on the path where we left Him.<P>When we are discouraged He sends someone to encourage us.<P>When we grumble and moan we feel down. When we praise You even when we don't feel like it, You lifts our spirit.<P>Father, I praise You that You are a personal God who seeks after His children and longs for them to seek after Him. I love You, my Lord, my King. In whom can I find such refuge. In whom can I find such trust. In whom can I find such truth. In whom can I find when all abandon me. In whom I find my strength.<P>Lord You are always there. When You seem far off, the truth is it is I who have left. Lord, create in me a heart desire to know You in a deeper way. Create in me such a thirst only to be quenched by Your love. Create in me a loyalty to none else. Create in me the desire to lift praises to my God each day. <P>Lord, ravish my soul with Your voice. Sooth my pain with Your balm. Lord I praise You, for You do answer these prayers with soothing balm and a deep and satisfying love. I want no more when I look long into Your eyes. <P>Thank you for taking away the pain of desires that can not be met at this time. Thank You for filling any empty spaces within me. Thank You for an everlasting love that never wanes or roller coasters. Father, with such love as this, why would I desire any other. And yet, You have given me a husband and dear children to love. <P>Father, thank You for such love and such blessings. Let me never take You for granted and let me praise You each day for the blessings of the people You have put into my life. Lord I praise You for the women here that struggle, and hurt, and yet they share, learning to be obedient and seeking You with all their hearts. Lord, their trials and triumphs are such an inspiration.<P>Father, I am humbled at the tenacity of their struggles, their faith, their love for others, and their willingness to help us all by sharing themselves. Lord lay special blessings on these women this week. Let the desires of their hearts come to be. <P>Priase the Lord, O, my soul. Praise the Lord, all my inmost being. For the God I love is a personal God who walks beside me when I call. Lord I often feel my words are inadequate to express the praise I long to worship You with. Please accept this attempt to adore and worship You. In Jesus name, Amen

T
Taj Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Wanted to share some excerpts from "31 Days of Praise". We all are trying so hard to keep our focus on God and not our circumstances and these thoughts seemed to speak volumes to me this morning.<P>Yes, Lord, I thank you that even people I most admire have flaws...that only You are wonderful through and through, with no ugly edges, and that people, even at there best, cannot meet my deepest needs...that at times they misunderstand, they disappoint, they expect too much, or they can't be available when I need them. This makes me even more glad to have You as my best Friend, my wonderful Counselor, my ever present help in trouble, immediately available around the clock, seven days a week.<P>I thank You for friends who've failed<BR>To meet my soul's deepest need;<BR>They've driven me to the Savior's feet<BR>Upon His love to feed.<P>I'm grateful too through all life's way<BR>No one could satisfy,<BR>And so I've found in You alone<BR>My rich, my full supply.<P>"My God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus."<P>Praise the Lord!<P>Have a great week-end, Taj<p>[This message has been edited by Taj (edited October 21, 2000).]

H
hw Offline
H
Thank you Taj for those words. It does seem like we are all trying to keep our eyes focused on the Lord. This I believe is where He wants our eyes.<P>These two verses came out in my study time this morning and the Heartlight verse was one of these.<P>What does the Lord your God ask of you, but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all his ways, to love Him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.<BR> Deateronomy 10:12-13<P>He is your praise; He is your God, who performed for you those great and awesome wonders you saw with your own eyes.<BR> Deuteronomy 10:21<P>The Lord goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.<BR> Deuteronomy 31:8<P><BR>I am amazed at some of the great verses that come from Deuteronomy.<P>Praise the Lord, He is your Praise!

S
S
Oh Holy Father, Lord, my Comfort, Master of everything, there is nothing that is beyond your skills or talent, Hallowed be your name! The hills cry out in praise to you when we fail to do so. The morning air is crisp and chilling to the bone and yet the birds raise their chirps in praise to you. The Morning Dove coos her mantra, repetative and yet unrelenting. How I desire to be so faithful as your daughter.<P>Your greatness displays itself all over the world, in the eyes of a baby, in a blade of grass, the leaves fall according to your will that all things die only to be reborn and renewed according to your purpose. Your hand is all about me.<P>Your plan proceeds with or without our intervention. You reach out and call, a gentle whisper tugging at our hearts, let me be still and hear. Jesus wept, so torn was he that his people were so blind and hardened, but his love poured out even still, to the point of death, that we might be reconciled with you. Teach us to be givers to the point of death, to love as He loved, to experience his compassion for those around us, the hardened of heart, the rebellious, the lost, the indifferent. <P>Let your glory reign on our lives that those around us will see you in the mirror of our lives. Help us to develop those boundaries for righteousness with clarity as You do. Teach us to speak boldly the truths you have set before us with such gentlenss. <P>Teach me to value others, particularly my H as David valued the position that Saul was in as your annointed for a time. Though he sought to kill David, still David responded with regard to the position. Though he has opportunity to harm Saul, he chose not to. Father, teach me that same regard for the position of authority. Teach me how to respond like David when he said :1SA 26:23 The LORD rewards every man for his righteousness and faithfulness. The LORD delivered you into my hands today, but I would not lay a hand on the LORD's anointed. [24] As surely as I valued your life today, so may the LORD value my life and deliver me from all trouble."<P>Help me to remember these words when being attacked by my H. Guard my heart and mouth when times come where I could surely zap his arguments with hateful responses, when I could easily cut him to the core of his being with my tongue. <P>Help me to value the position you have placed him in as head of our home and to remember that you placed Saul as the head of a nation and that when he became self-absorbed and power hungry, you withdrew your spirit from Him and allowed him to rot in his own selfishness. <P>That you allowed David to be hunted and to live in caves, to live a cold, lonely life, that your will would prevail, that David could be refined for the position that you would give to him. Teach me to have David's heart, with you s the sole source of comfort and wisdom, to have his faith, his tenacity for righteousness, even though he failed so often in his humanness.<P>May this day be a sweet smelling offering to you. May the hearts of your people be joined to worship and give you praise that is sweet to your heart. May you receive glory this day Father with our hearts, mouths and thoughts. May you be pleased with your servant. IJN, Amen.

H
hw Offline
H
Sue, thank you for your prayer and praise, it has refreshed my soul this morning.<P>I too praise the Lord, for He is awesome and most worthy of my praise. I love You Lord and I thank you for loving my tears away this day and filling my heart with love and hope, and thankfulness in you. Thank You for Your grace, this day.<BR>In Jesus name, Amen.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 441 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation