Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#354129 10/18/00 09:51 AM
S
OP Offline
S
O.K. heres the deal, I have had no one to really talk to, being here is great but not the same as actually going back and forth and really talking to someone. I have joined a few christian Chat rooms. In this one particular room I have become friends with a peson know as "Other" they have been verry supportive and a great listner. I always feel better after talking to this person, I just found out this person is a Guy. Everything is stricktly on the up and up, but I wonder, should I continue talking to him, we have become friends and I know if he were a gal I wouldn't be questioning our friendship. He has been very helpful, but I know I am also very vulnerable. Any advise on this would be appreciated.<P>------------------<BR>Irene

#354130 10/18/00 11:47 AM
T
Taj Offline
T
Scared and lonely,<P>I think you have answered your own question. If you have any kind of doubt or concern that is more then likely the Holy Spirit bringing conviction. That doesn't mean you are doing anything wrong but it is a warning against a potential problem.<P>Relationships on the internet are known to have a dangerous side. I believe "forewarned is forearmed". You don't need to get sucked into something which would further drive a wedge between you and your spouse.<P>Make God your focus and develop your friendship with his Son. He will give you the answers you are looking for.<P>"If anyone desires wisdom let him ask of God.."<P>Blessings, Taj<P>------------------<BR>"Perfect love casts out fear" I John 4:18

#354131 10/19/00 02:12 PM
W
W
S&L, I know exactly how you feel. I post as waiting 4 ever but sometimes I sure don't feel like it, and a friendship with a guy doesn't sound so bad. My h has been out of the house for 20 months and I am really really lonely for affection. I hug my kids all the time and my sister and brother in law and I tell everyone I need hugs but.... I have been flirting with the idea of a guy friend who is not family. I pray the Holy Spirit intervenes and casts out the wanting. Take care and Peace Laurie

#354132 10/19/00 02:17 PM
V
V
Please be careful, my H started that way, and ended up having an A....and right now we are separated. IT IS NOT WORTH THE RISK..Again when you have any doubt, God is trying to tell you something. Pray for wisdom and guidence....You'll get it.<P>V

#354133 10/19/00 03:48 PM
L
L
I'd say it really depends on what your topics are in the chat room. If you're discussing marital issues in the chat room, you'd more than likely be treading on a slipperly slope. For things like hobbies, the internet is golden for seeking out others with common interests. My H and I found many close friends through the internet, people we wouldn't have found otherwise. But the common ground was gardening.

#354134 10/19/00 08:26 PM
H
hw Offline
H
Putting your vulnerable self into situations of temptation is playing roulette with the devil.<P>I know it sounds attractive, but it is the lie of the enemy, temptation from the enemy and in the end it will only complicate things. Momentary pleasure is just that, it never satisfies for long, but keeps calling too get itself fulfilled again. Kay arthur has a great saying:<P> "Sin will take you further then you ever planned to go. It will keep you longer than you ever planned to stay. And it will cost you more than you ever expected to pay."<P> Turn to Jesus for hugs. I know it sounds crazy, but it works. I was having such a hard time with sexual feelings I finally pleaded with God to take them all away until they can be acted on. He is faithful and rarely for the last few months have I had to deal with these. Really that is very sad to me, but it was pure torture. I see my h all the time, and it was driving me nuts!<P>I sometimes imagine dancing around a ball room with Jesus. He is the perfect dancer, He makes me laugh, and He is dancing only with me at the time. When we finish our dance I am left breathless and satisfied. <P>I also think of the movie, "Everafter" with Drew Barrymore. When Cinderella makes her entrance to the ball room, the Prince leaps across the floor to meet her. To me that is a picture of how Jesus greets us. He leaps to meet us. Then I have my dance with HIm.<P>Okay, okay....so my h has been out of the house for quite a while also, but it really helps me to fill that void. He will if you will let Him. (now that doesn't mean I don't get lonely sometimes, of course I do, but then I try to go and have a dance as soon as possible with the Lord).<P><BR>Father, Come and place your peace in these women. Lord, we get lonely and we miss and crave affection. You know it is something we need and should be rightfully getting from our dear h's. But for this time it is not possible. You are faithful to fill all the empty spaces within us when we let You.<P> I invite You into my heart and soul today to fill all those empty spaces, Lord fill all the spaces within these women's hearts and souls. Let them be refreshed with one look from Your eyes that ravishes our souls. Lord, how could any other have such a thirst quenching effect? Lord this is Your desire for us. I praise You that You are that personal of a God and able to do all things in us and through us. In Jesus name, Amen.

#354135 10/20/00 08:50 AM
W
W
Thanks for the concern and the prayers, I really do believe God led us all to this site to support one another. I will try to dance with the Lord, I love to dance!! <P>I was wondering, would it be alright to pray that our husbands be yearning for us? Just thought maybe God could get into their heads and have them thinking about us!! <P>It's Friday and tonight I am finally getting to town to buy the Power of a Praying Wife!! Life is hectic and I don't get to our closest Bible Book Store often.<P>Hugs to all of you, and today I will embrace God! Laurie

#354136 10/20/00 01:52 PM
W
W
hw, it is now Friday afternoon and I am still struggling. I read your post about the movie scene in Cinderella and the only scene that keeps popping into my head is the scene from First Knight when Gwenevire (sp?) asks Richard Gere to kiss her. It's such a romantic scene and I miss that stuff, I really really will try to give it all to God, I just have to get my mind on other stuff. Thanks again, Laurie

#354137 10/20/00 05:35 PM
H
hw Offline
H
waiting,<P>it takes effort at first to get rid of the other thoughts. I have really had to work at it and take every thought captive in obedience of Christ. <P>I usually try praiseing the Lord. I read the Psalms until I can begin repeating snipits of them in my head when intrusive thoughts come into my head. I also listen to Christian music.<P>The other thing that really helps me is I pray out loud. Depending where I am depends on how loud. If I am on the subway I sit forward in my seat and put my head down and say the words a quietly as possibe, but my lips are moving a tiny bit. I find intrusive thoughts can't come into my head if I am saying something out loid. They do quiet with time.<P>One other thing, I don't know if you have tried antidepressants. I started with them ;ast year just to tackle the obsessive thoughts.<P>So prayer, medicine, praying to God to take them away, substituting them with Psalms, and listening to Christian music. It is worth the effort. And of course imagining dancing with my Lord.<P>This is not easy by any means. But I know the Lord really wants me to seek Him with all my heart, and everyday He is working on that with me. When I can keep my focus on the Lord, it feels so much better.<P>Father,<BR>I lift waiting up to you. Lord help her to get rid of those thoughts and longings by putting You in that place in her life. You long for her to long for You. You long to show her how much You love her. You long for her to thirst for Your company. Lord she can't do this alone, work in her to will and to actaccording to Your purpose.<BR>In Jesus name, Amen.

#354138 10/23/00 12:48 AM
W
W
Thanks hw and Praise God!!! Prayers really really DO work. This weekend has not been as difficult as I thought it would be, I did some day dreaming of Jesus, we weren't dancing but he was concentrating on what I was saying, just paying attention to me!! It helped. Yesterday I finally got to the Bible and Book store, it was so peaceful I wandered around for about an hour!! I picked up the Power of a Praying Wife and read the first chapter before work yesterday and a couple afterward before bed and I slept well!! I woke up today with a sense of peace and went to church and felt alot of love and comfort. I came into the office today to type something and got onto the board to find your prayer from Friday, and even though I didn't read it.... IT WORKED!! Thank you so much, Many Blessings to you this day and every day forward. IJN Laurie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 439 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation