Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
carol14 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
hi,<BR> first I want to express my thanks to God for this weekend. For hearing complements like lovely, beautiful, great, we went to a business dinner and my h was genuinly proud of my looks. that was a bunch of points in the EM catagory for him. <BR> tonight we are going to our counsler, to dicuss our options, I still think h wants out, and that might be the topic, how to do it nicely. Please pray I am pleasantly surprised. Even I am not hoping for separation, I am feeling the strain of this limbo status and feel it may be time for something to happen. So my prayer request for this week is for us to see God's will for our marriage, softened hearts for both of us. Please pray, that I will be able to listen, understand without anger. Also pray if there is any chance of a spark of love still in Mike's heart for me, that God will reveal it to him soon, and guide us as to what to do...........thank you friends<BR>God bless you

C
C
Praying for you Carol.

W
W
I add my heartfelt prayers to yours... I understand being in limbo. It is very difficult, I've been there for 20 months and there is no real sign of a breakthrough. But through this forum and the Rejoice Ministries site I have a peace that really passes all understanding!! Not to say I don't have my moments, I was really lonely on Friday but with prayers on the internet friendship thread, I really came through it with not much difficulty.<P>Lord, I lift Carol14 up to You, that You may give her the peace that only You can provide. We know that a marriage is a covenant, not just an agreement and it is Your will that will prevail. Be with Carol as she enters into this meeting, soften her heart and soften Mike's. Let them both SEE the possibilities of the future, not the regrets of the past. Place Your loving arms around both of them. Fill the room with Your Love. IJN Amen

T
Taj Offline
T
Carol14,<P>I picture you poised and self-assured. I see you with an aura about you that your h cannot deny. I too see you with the peace that only God can bring into a situation like this. God can and will provide you with all you need for this counseling session tonight. Let grace and gentleness be your demeanor.<P>My prayers are with you.<BR>Blessings, Taj<P>------------------<BR>"Perfect love casts out fear" I John 4:18

A
A
Carol,<P>One of our most productive counseling sessions was the one in which I removed my ring and said, "Here, keep this until you know for sure you want to be married to me."<P>He got choked up and asked for more time.<P>I said, "You have been infatuated with this slut for 10 years. For the past 6 months you have been telling me that you want to love me, but you don't have the feelings of passion that you want. Fine. Stop feeding your passion for her with fantasy and calling her voice mail." <P>"She told you months ago to leave her alone. I have HAD IT. I don't need you. I love you, but frankly, I have realized through all this #### that God loves us both, and I'll be ok."<P>I was quaking in my chair, but the counselor told me months later that she considered that our biggest breakthrough.<P>I am not suggesting that you say the same thing, only that "Love Must Be Tough" or it isn't love, its co-dependency.<P>I'll be praying tonight,<BR>liz

K
K
Dear Carol,<P>Hope it went well, or at least productively. These things are not often comfortable, and maybe if got unsettling you will feel better a little later in the week. <P>My prayers for you are that you can process whatever happened well and continue to move forward in your own path toward God.<P>Love,<P>Karenna

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 493 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation