Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#354431 11/28/00 07:14 PM
T
Taj Offline OP
OP Offline
T
There have been so many posts in the prayer request for Tuesdays column that I wanted to share some thoughts from a book I just finished. "Prayer that Works" by Jill Briscoe.<P>First off, prayer is simply part of our relationship with God. Do we have a relationship with God? That is a question which must first be answered. (John 3:3-8)<P>From there we simply meet with God. Find a quiet place where we can just sit and be still before God. Put aside all the business, the dishes that need to be done, the worries that concern us and simply concentrate on God.<P>Don't meet with God with an agenda. Come with an open heart and see what He wants to say to us first. Spend time in His Word and let Him begin the communication. Think about who God is and talk to Him about that. There is an easy format to prayer which can help. A-C-T-S Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, Supplication(petition).<P>Begin by praising God for Who He is and what He has done in your life. Then confess to Him anything that you feel is sin in your life. Thank God for all He has done for you and finally bring to Him your petitions. When we begin with God leading us in prayer we will find the process much more rewarding.<P>Pray short sentence prayers throughout the day. Just tell God how you are feeling and what you are thinking. Prayer is simply talking with Your Creator Who knows what you say before you say it but still yearns to commune with you.<P>Spend time praying about your prayer life. Tell God about your disappointment in prayer. Sit in silence before God. Practice praying every day. And most importantly, Don't let the Devil put you on a guilt trip because you don't think you are praying as you should. The Holy Spirit will lead you into a deeper prayer life as You desire.<P>Sometimes prayer is words, sometimes it is groaning, sometimes it is tears, sometimes it is written and sometimes it is simply a sigh. God hears each and every one of our attempts at communicating with Him.<P>JUST DO IT!

#354432 11/29/00 12:38 AM
R
R
Thank you Taj, for reminding us and sharing from the book you read. <P>I love the constant communication with the Lord all day long that I have been doing lately. I definately need to work on the quiet prayer time, though. I praise the Lord, that he accepts all our prayers! God is so very good!

#354433 11/29/00 08:21 AM
C
C
thanks for that Taj, I am going to make a copy to read aloud at women's prayer group tonight.

#354434 11/29/00 08:42 AM
H
hw Offline
H
Taj,<BR>I meant to write yesterday. Thanks for sharing this. It helps to have a road map. Prayer is conversation with the Lord, as you remind us. It is relationship! <BR>Taj, I just wanted to take a moment and say thank you for continuing to post here, and helping all of us that are still praying for restoration of our marriages. I appreciate your insights and your faithfulness. Thanks hw

#354435 11/29/00 11:19 PM
A
A
Amen, hw. You took the words right out of my mouth. Thank you Taj! <P>

#354436 11/30/00 02:26 AM
W
W
Dear Taj et al,<P>Thank you for the reminder that helps me to refocus as I was getting too burdened and lost to read the word and pray faithfully.<P>For God created us for fellowship primarily. He wants us to have a relationship and to communicate with Him. He gave us the free will and choice so that we are like Him, and we can choose to communicate and choose to love Him, or not. He is so wise in giving us choices although sometimes it will be much easier to be robots. But God made us in His image - to communicate with. So, it is little wonder that he loves to hear every prayer that we have.<P>Godspeed to all <BR>take care<BR>weep

#354437 11/30/00 05:55 PM
T
Taj Offline OP
OP Offline
T
The timeliness of this topic is just another example of how God goes before us.<P>I will be gone for a day or so with a friend of mine who's husband is going to have an angiogram due to chest pain and an irregular EKG. He will more then likely need angioplasty or by-pass surgery to open up any blockage they find. This couple is the one God sent to help my h and I to recovery. They have stood by us since the beginning. My heart wants to cry out "Why"! I am so glad they are in God's care.<P>So I ask you praying warriors to intercede on the behalf of this Godly man. I couldn't ask for a more powerful prayer force then here.<P>I go to support them in some small way and be available to answer their medical questions. I guess working in the ER all those years prepared me for this.<P>Thank for your help, Taj

#354438 11/30/00 08:33 PM
H
hw Offline
H
Taj,<BR>What is the man's first name, so we can pray specifically for him? I am praying with you.

#354439 11/30/00 11:34 PM
A
A
Taj, I will definitely be praying. Please keep us posted, ok? God bless you and protect you as you travel.<P>YSIC,<BR>AW

#354440 12/04/00 06:23 PM
T
Taj Offline OP
OP Offline
T
God is so good! I thank all of you for your prayers on behalf of my friend. The news is great! He had the angioplasty and they put a little mesh stainless steel stent in his artery to keep it open. It was 95% closed, so he was a heart attack waiting to happen.<P>He was the picture of peace through it all and that was a real powerful message to everyone. The first thing he did when he got back from the procedure was ask to pray and he praised God for His mighty hand of mercy.<P>God truly answers prayer in miraculous ways. I have been on the bad end of this kind of thing too many times and it was a blessing to see things go so smoothly.<P>This man is truly like a brother to me. His wife is like a sister. Isn't the family of God wonderful to behold!<P>Thanks again for your powerful prayers!<P>Blessings, Taj<P>------------------<BR>"Perfect love casts out fear" I John 4:18

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 978 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation