Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
A few months ago I attended a class at our church called "The Role of a Virtuous Woman" and thought I'd share some of it here. The following is from the handout:<P>"The theme, "The Role of a Virtuous Woman", suggest to us that every woman is not virtuous which is the intent. King Lemuel's (Solomon's) mother explains best the difference in a worldly woman and a virtuous woman.<P>The effect of each character is express in that prophecy written by Solomon in an effort to warn God's sons of the end results. It is praise of the ideal wife but also advice to would-be husbands. Proverbs 31 expresses joy and passion and respect for the mother and wife as a woman of great worth. The type of wife every mother would desire her son to seekand wed as his life's partner. She will do him good and not evil all the days of his life. <P>She is diligent, wise an caring, her husband has full confidence in her. She lacks nothing of value and cares for the poor. She received the respect and praise she deserves, hinting that her training of the household has avoided rearing a foolish son who brings shame to his mother. Her household is clothed with scarlet which indicates prosperity. Her clothing is strength and honor which will reap future rejoicing.<P>Solomon points out that charm and beauty can be deceptive and fleeting in comparison with the fear of the Lord. He has described the ideal woman for a God-fearing man. But notice he begins her description with the question, "Who can find a virtuous woman?" which indicates they are few and far between." <P>This study was based on Proverbs 31:10 - 31.<P>I pray that the Lord will work within my heart, mind, and soul to transform me into the kind of wife that will be pleasing to Him. Thank you Lord.<P>

A
A
Amen and hallelujah from lizpearl!<P>(We're doing great!)<P>What a challenging and encouraging lesson!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,115 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation