Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
hw Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Hope you all have had a great week! It seemed to be such a good thing to have posted this thread early, so I thought I would make an effort to do this again. Asthe holidays approach, I know how hard they are for many of us. Let us keep each in prayer during this time.<BR>I have made an appointment to speak to the pastor of the new church I am attending (actually a daughter church of the church i was attending). I feel a little funny because he is the pastor that lives in the same building as my h. BUt he is the pastor and I have to admit I haven't let too many people support me, and you know what I need it.<P>Why do we try to be so strong. That is works. I need others. I guess a lot of this just came out this weekend, I have cried just sobs for part of this weekend. I think God wanted me to seek out some support.<BR>I also think He has been dealing with me about another issue, that I confessed finally during communion and I feel better. It has been a real struggle. I praise all day and that keeps my head above water, but my joy it should be greater than that.<P>So my prayer requests is for God to lead me with the guidance of the pastor to a greater understanding of where my thoughts etc.. should be. Also that I would take the issue that God has convicted me with and deal with it in a more Christ like manner, seeking His guidance on it. <BR>And finally just to keep my heart with the spirit of the season, thankful for the birth of our Lord, and of course for all the wayward spouses to come to Jesus and return to their families this holiday season. <P>I pray you all have a blessed holiday season, no matter what the circumstances.

C
C
hw,<BR>that is great you have reached out to yopur pastor.......When all this first started my h urged me to keep silent, that is not my way. I obliged, because he said he would be uncomfortable in church with people knowing.<BR>He has pretty much stopped going to church anyways (please pray about that too) so I have reached out and am so glad I did. I have recieved so muchlove, support, wisdom and and made new friends. My relationship with God has improved to the point of feeling his presence constantly. <BR>Anyway, my prayer is for peace of mind during the holiday, a sense of God's will for our family. Also, a little hardened of heart, to ease the pain of being "together"<BR>(for the kids)<BR>this holiday season, and a soft enough heart to be friendly and compassionate toward h.<BR> Also I have a job interview today at 1pm<BR>for part-time weekends, it is a Christian Adult Home for Altheimer's patients and I think I would like it. I'd like to express again my gratitude for this forum and the friends I have made here.

A
A
Hi. Please pray for me as I have to attend a formal Christmas party where lots of my h's professional contacts know our WHOLE story. <P>For the most part, they've told me they think I am some amazing pillar of love and forgiveness (silly people). <P>I always feel pressure to look absolutely flawless and poised at these things because that is how I was 'BEFORE'. Sort of the gorgeous ice princess thing. <P>My h. is 'in love' with me these days...he hasn't said it that way yet, but I know he is from his behavior -- he did the laundry about 4 times this week, just to make my semester end a little easier [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Please pray that I will continue to radiate God's love to the MANY watching eyes...<P>(Gee, when I went to the Urbana missions conference in 1980 and said, "Yes, I'll do whatever God calls me to" I NEVER IMAGINED THAT HE WANTED ME TO LIVE THROUGH THIS!)<P>so much love to you all here,<BR>I still pray for you,<P>lizzie<P>BTW BE SURE TO READ ARIK'S POST AT RECOVERY!

W
W
Dear hw,<P>If you pray, God will bring the right people along to support you. I am not the type who share problems as I have always been the problem solver and agony sister to others. I felt that my seemingly wonderful marriage was a good aspirant for others and shouldn't be dragged through the mud and depress others. And what if they laughed behind my back? But for my little baby whom I wasn't even able to give basic care, I approached family and friends. I think my story helped some marriages in that the couples started to reexamine their relationships and one even forgave her H for a minor indiscretion, etc.. <P>hw, when you pray, God will send you more intercessors to help you as sometimes you needs two or more to intercede for you.<P>As for my prayer requests, I would like to ask that my WS accepts that I need to know the whole truth however awful. I pray that he sees the wondrous power of God and fear God not man. That WS would see the hand of God in his new career where he is in a very difficult situation and that God will score a victory for him and that he finally understands that God is supreme however difficult and frightening the situation may be. WS is now in a problematic situation with another aggressive and emotional and manipulative woman colleague and has the same type of jealous and awful male head. Looks like God wants him to learn and overcome the same situation in his ex-company and God wants WS to relie on Him.<P>Thank you so much,<P>God bless you<BR>Love<BR>weep

O
O
Please continue to pray for my H that he will get help. Praise God, twice in the last week he has said that he needs help and wants to do what he needs to do to make our family work. Praise God that he has had the patience of a saint (I have been very emotional with after effects of miscarriage and totaling the car this week). God has been good and I know he is working. All that has happened has seemed to open H's eyes and he keeps telling me how thankful he is that I am alive...I have had two near death experiences in the past two months, but I have felt that God was with me in both situations. Please pray that my H will see the effects of his anger on our Daughter and realize that he needs to get help for the anger issues. He yells and screams at her and he needs to see that there is a much better way to correct her. Thank you all for praying with me.

H
hw Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Thanks all who expressed their support. It felt good. i feel so much better. The woman that lives with me brought a sermon she printed off from the pastor of her church. It was about disscouragement. In it he said things were going well, he felt he was walking close to the Lord, then all of a sudden while he was trying to write the sermon for the following sunday, it came from nowhere and he was paralized. <P>He had to go sit and just try to be in God's presence. That it was an attack. satan knows he couldn't get him to doubt his relationship with Jesus so he seds the spirit of discouragement. That is where I have been. It felt good to know what it was and I have been praising and appreciating the Lord all day.<BR>I too had felt so close to the Lord just a few weeks ago and boom I have struggled so. I did follow my own recommendations and have been praising the Lord, but the spirit stuck to me. I also knew at times it was an attack. God has used it for good, he showed me another stronghold and I did keep with Him. But it was tough. The pastor says you sometimes just have to say to God i can't take any more. That is basically what I cried out on and off all week and yesterday. He also notes that it has nothing to do with sin. It is all an attempt to discourage and hopefully pull you away from the Lord. I am thankful that the Lord remains faithful andnever leaves us.<BR>Thanks all again everyone.

T
T
Hi HW and everyone else my prayers are with each and everyone here. My prayers are that my family can have a somewhat normal holiday. And that my marraige be restored. I feel im working on that harder these days because my H is letting me in again. I have started to tell him I love him I did not say that for awhile, i think because he wouldnt have listened and know he is. I ask for a special prayer this evening for my FIL who is having a mass on his lungs biopsid tomm. They do not think it looks good, my H is real torn up about this. He was alsways his dads pride and now he is not. God does not any funny ways. <P>Thanks for the prayers

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,254 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation