Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#355132 04/17/01 06:14 PM
S
OP Offline
S
I see your seperate prayers in the forums but I do enjoy having them all on one page when possible, it makes it so I don't have to jump around so much when I pray. So since I don't yet see a prayer list started for today, thought I would do so. I will be back later tonight to pray over this forum and all my sisters in Christ.<P>My prayer request:<BR>I just want continued prayer for strenght and perserverance and that God continues to work in my life and mold me into the mother/wife and person he wants me to become. I know it is a never ending always changing future, God does not want us to ever stand still and just let the world pass, his work in us is a constant process, one that I find very exhausting at times. I appreaciate all your Prayer and support. <P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] worry about nothing and pray about everything<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] It is better to trust and take refuge in the Lord than to put confidence in man. <BR>Psalm 118:8 AB<P>------------------<BR>Irene<p>[This message has been edited by Scared and lonely (edited April 17, 2001).]

#355133 04/19/01 12:59 AM
S
S
Father God I do pray for this dear Sister of mine and daughter of yours. Father I thank you for her steadfastness to this study group, for persevering and standing firm for the goal to become the woman and wife you would have her become. Father, thank you for being our Lord, for going before and behind us, for never allowing anything that isn't in your plan to happen to us, for your promises to turn everything to the good, according to your purpose, that you might be glorified in our lives. <P>I thank you Father for the release from the yoke of slavery, for the Spirit's tenacity in fighting the battle each moment that I am awake, I praise you for each day that goes by that I have not smoked a cigarette. I thank you too for the release of the emotions so frozen and buried, though you know how I dislike the tears. Thank you for standing nearby while they flow, for the comfort of your love and for your marvelous sense of humor through out this whole learning process. <P>Thank you forhow oyou are changing me and how you will change my H during this process. Thank you for your unfailing love. For all the women who have been quiet on this forum, I pray for an extra measure of love and encouragement that they might be strengthened for the moment at hand, for you always give enough for the moment, just as you passed out the manna on a daily basis, to fill the day's need, you are sufficient today to meet all our needs. I think you do this that we do not get filled up with self-sufficiency and forget where our strength lies. Yet you give us enough for today Father and you tell us that today has enough problems all by itself that we need not worry about tomorrow. You set before us the task to trust you, to believe that you are big enough to take care of tomorrow, and that you are safe to lean on today. Thank you for being our magnaminous mighty God, for there is not one like you. We give you this day and we praise you for the outcome of this day and we place our hope for the tomorrows in your capable hands. In Jesus' name, Amen

#355134 04/18/01 06:04 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Thankyou SueB<P><P>------------------<BR>Irene

#355135 04/20/01 01:23 AM
H
hw Offline
H
Hi everyone!<P>Thanks for taking over the Tuesday prayer time. I have finally finished my finals, Rah, Rah, Yeah!!!!!!! If I could draw tumbling people doing cartwheels they would be all over the page!<P>It is 2:19 EST and so I am going to bed! I look forward to catching up with everyone soon.

#355136 04/20/01 05:22 PM
F
F
Please pray for me and my husband that we will be reconciled. S.C & R.C. are our initials. Thank you!

#355137 04/20/01 06:26 PM
T
T
Pray for myself and my spouse. He has written on many boards of our marriage and children. I read them and you are all telling him that he needs to get rid of the OW. (affair). He seems to not want to see our pastor this coming Wed. We saw him 1 1/2 weeks ago. Pastor called and left a message on phone for next appointment. I talked to H and he didn't like what was said. Said he felt on trial talking to pastor and asst. pastor. He seems to not want anything to do with christianity. He went to church on Easter with reluctance and has not been since X-mas. We were both christians of our church and this is tearing me apart. Pray for Christian guidance, christian reconcillation in marriage and to pray for his love for his kids. The whole family is in a big turmoil.

#355138 04/20/01 08:56 PM
G
G
Thinker,<BR>I tried to get my husband to talk to pastors also. he made appointments but always had a reason not to go. Men do not like confrontation. They feel trapped. No one but God can convict your husband. Pastors can advise us based on God's word but EVERYTHING comes from God. We must seek God in all we do. We must seek what he wants US to do. Our husbands must seek God for what they are to do. We can pray for our husbands and God speaks to them. Sending your husband to others to seek God's word of will may push your husband futher away. I hope this makes sense. I had a hard time with all this myself. If you have not been to this web site,<BR>please go. God sent me here when I was in so much pain. God spoke to me through the books here, it is all about <BR>God's truth and His will for marriage and His will for women.<BR>I pray you go. <A HREF="http://www.restorem.org" TARGET=_blank>www.restorem.org</A> <P>gentle

#355139 04/21/01 04:36 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Lord, <BR>we thankyou for your faithfulness to us and for your never ending never changing love. We come before you with broken spirit and the need for you to carry us through, we know without you all is hopeless, You are the Alpha, the Omega, the beginning and the end. You are the God of miracles. We bow before you humbly and praise Your holy name. <P>Father, we ask for you to work your wonders in S.C. & R.C.'s marriage, bring forth a reconciliatin and a renewal of Your love in their lives. Bring them both closer to you Lord. Wrap your arms around faithfulgirl and give her your peace and joy Lord. Help her not to be anxious but to leave her marriage in your hands and let you work as only you can.<P><BR> Lord, we lift thinker and her husband up to you this day also. we thanyou for her husbands attandance in church last sunday, reluctant or not he was there and that is all that matters to you. We know that you can speak even to the reluctant heart and even if their is no imediate change we know that you have planted another seed in his heart. Help thinker to see your blessings and to stand strong in your love as she awaits the miracle of her restored marriage.<BR>Give her husband the desire to grow closer to You and to his wife. Give him a sour taste in his soul whenever he meets up with the ow. help him to remember Your love and to accept your grace and forgivness. Help him to turn from evil and return to You Lord.<P>Jesus we ask that you be with gentle, help her to continue to grow in you. give her the wisdowm she is seeking to follow your will. be with her and cover her with your love.<P>Father, we thankyou for hw and for the encourager she has been for each of us, we pray you bless her. Thankyou for her courage to stand for her marriage as well as continue on with her life. so many of us stand still and stop going forward when crisis strikes. Thankyou for the growth that has happened in her life and the better understanding of your will and love.<P>Jesus, be with SueB, cover her in Your love, and we thankyou also for the wonderful prayer warrior that she is with us. thankyou for her wisdom and helpfulness and her compasion for others.<P>Lord, I thankyou for the work you are doing in my life aswell. I thankyou for my husbands attandance in church this past Easter Sunday, Lord forgive me for doubting You and thinking there was no way he would go. You see each tear that falls and know my heart, you see all. Help me to not be anxious for you see my H even when I cannot. Just because I do not see your work in him immediatly does not mean that you aren't working, I realize your work in him is from the inside out. use me as an instrument to minister to my husband. Show your love and grace through me to him. <P>Jesus Christ, All this we ask in your precious Name, Amen<BR><p>[This message has been edited by Scared and lonely (edited April 21, 2001).]

#355140 04/23/01 10:54 AM
S
S
Thanks for the prayers S & L! I do appreciate them very much. For the new people, can you tell us a bit about yourselves, so we know how to pray for you better? Do you have the Power of a Praying Wife Book and have you gone through a study like this before? <P>Karenna, Do you want to still stick with Chapter one? I will probably be on this chapter for the rest of my life, but I know there are others who do not have boundary deficits as I have and so may be desiring to pray more specificially for their H. I know I mentioned al 0ong trime ago that when I ironed my H shirts I would pray specifically over those parts that I ironed, the muscles of his neck, associating it with his job and his role as spiritual leader, etc, the arms that hold me and on and on. Maybe we need to get more positive in our prayers, more concrete. The woman in Luke 18 was concrete, She wanted justice. She didn't whine, she just kept showing back up stating she wanted justice. Let us not whine, but just as clearly state our prayer requests before the Lord consistency and without ceasing....<P>Luke 18:7-And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? [8] I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?"<P>

#355141 04/24/01 12:32 AM
K
K
Chapter One is great. We can do three parts chapter one, one part chapter 1+x. <P>I had the most wonderful "Jesus loves me" dream last night. God fills all the holes! Wouldn't it be wonderful if everybody would accept the Gift?

#355142 04/24/01 11:03 PM
A
A
Heavenly Father, O, how we love you! Lord, thank You for your mercy in our lives, and our husbands' lives. Lord I deeply thank You and praise You because "You, God are a sun and shield; the You will give grace and glory; and no good thing will You withhold from those who walk uprightly." Psalms 84:11<BR>Father, I thank You that You are always right here. We sing praises unto Your name Lord Jesus, day and night. Thank You Lord, Lord You only are my rock and my salvation; You are my defense; I shall not be greatly moved."Psalms 62:2 The enemy has no place in our lives or our marriages, cast him as far away from each of us as east is from west.<P>Father, I pray for SueB, thank You for fighting the battle for her, for delivering her from smoking. Help her Lord to continue to see her husband through Your eyes, thank You for being her Rock. <P>Lord, for Scared&Lonely I pray that You will give her an extra measure of Your strength and perseverance. Thank You Lord that You continue to work in her life, molding her into the Christian You want her to be. Show her Father the ways in which You want her to grow.<P>Lord, I lift up faithfulgirl and and ask for Your divine intervention in her marriage. Lord, You know the best way to work their situation out, I pray that Your will for their restored marriage is carried out, help faithfulgirl to endure, draw her husband back to You Lord.<P>Father, your child thinker needs your intervention. Father God, please reach down from Heaven and touch thinker's husband... remind him of the covenant he made before You with his wife thinker. Father, I pray that each and every time thinker's husband has a thought from the enemy You will override that thought with Your love and grace. Lord, bring thinker's husband to repentance, at the foot of the cross. Cause him, Lord to see the OW for what she is, and know without a doubt that an adulteress will lead him to death, show him that her allure is a trick of the enemy. Thank You Father, for Your unending love for us.<P>Father, please cover gentle with Your love and peace. Father, I plead the blood of Jesus over gentle and her husband. In Jesus' name I ask that a hedge of thorns be placed around gentle and her husband so that no attacks of the enemy can get through. Let there be joy and great love between them, cause gentle's husband to think of her and rejoice in the wife of his youth, gentle. Thank You Lord that You are restoring this marriage, bringing them to a deeper unity and oneness with You. <P>Lord, I pray for Your divine protection for each praying wife represented here, and ask that a great hedge of thorns be placed around them, their husbands and marriages. We take back in Jesus' name what the enemy has stolen! Thank You Jesus for all You have sacrificed for us. How deeply we love You and worship You Lord. In the name of our precious savior Jesus Christ I pray, AMEN.<BR>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (whwh747474), 473 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation