Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#355509 09/05/01 09:15 PM
T
OP Offline
T
We had a great time with my son from San Diego over the weekend! (This was the 'cherry' on top of answered prayer for those who don't remember.) While he was here we rode the ATC's, had a BBQ, and drove to a small community to find where the Amish live. He actually got to talk to two Amish teenagers! The highlight of his trip. <P>I am so relieved they have upgraded my position to intermediate, and I will go ahead and apply for the director position, although the requirements specify a bachelors degree. (Full time position) Who knows! (Say a prayer for me!)<P>After completing my volunteer assignment, I have been given a small education award. I have decided on a major, Business Administration. This is the major I had picked 26 years ago when I enrolled at a community college in CA. I hope that the classes that I have taken will transfer. (Say ANOTHER prayer for me!) I have about 60 credits from CA. For the AA degree I am required to have 64 credits. I want a bachelors degree, so I am hoping I can automatically take the classes at the university level. I have reviewed all the classes for the lower degree, and my experience and education is beyond what the community college is offering, with the exception of macroeconomics and math classes.<P>I did the college assessment today and passed all of the english, reading and math (93% or better!) - but they would like me to pass the intermediate algebra placement test. I told them I didn't want to spend the money on an algebra class (I had that in high school); I would prefer to brush up on this on my own and test at a later date. One of the students I talked to said she had the books that I could barrow. So I registered for school! I'm only taking 10 credits but they said that for each credit there is 2 hours of homework. 20 hours of work per week and 10 hours of classes, 20 hours of homework, - I think that is enough of a load. Maybe I am better off without the director position, at this point. The money sure would be nice, though, with husband out of work!<P>Our open house had activity, but no offers - except for the young couple that has a trailer that they are upside down on. <P>We have a young girl staying with us for now, she is the new VISTA volunteer at the college. She graduated from the college last year - and will be an education major. She had a place rented, and the people rented it to someone else before she got back up here to move. (She lives about 4 hours away.) Anyways, it caused her to be homeless. So hopefully she can find some housing that she can afford. (VISTA volunteers don't make a ton of money!<P>I am still waiting for the details from when my mom went to the dr. about her leg. <P>Hope everyone had a great weekend and didn't get too tuckered out.<P>Praise the Lord today, because he is good. And "all things work together for good for those that love the Lord and are called according to his purposes." We can count on that!<P>God Bless You all.<BR>TnT

#355510 09/05/01 09:34 PM
S
S
<B>TNT</B><P>So nice to see your update! Gave me quite a few smiles. Praise the Lord, He is so good to us.<P>I'll keep you in thought and prayer sweetie.<P>Love you tons, but then you knew that. Miss you too.<P>Hugs,<P>------------------<BR><B>God bless you and all of us. We are all going to make it, all of us! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] With God on our side we can't lose! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] What God has joined together let no man put asunder. <P>Samantha</B><p>[This message has been edited by A blessed Samantha (edited September 05, 2001).]

#355511 09/05/01 09:46 PM
P
P
Hi TnT,<P><BR>I remember the days when you had nothing but troubles. I am sure those pits makes these peaks seem so high. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I am very happy for you. Goliath, the big musky kitty man, is peering down at me from his high pearch of my book case. He is just too cute for words. But now is is asking me to get him down. <P>All I can say is thank God for answered prayers...and the cherry is ever so nice. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#355512 09/06/01 04:44 PM
Q
Q
Hi TnT,<P>It's nice over here on the gentle, safe board... no flaming, no meanies... just, ahhhhhh.... nice.<P>Life is just keepin' on keepin' on, eh? <P>Big up's, little down's... a few in-the-middle's... just living, huh?<P>Must remember that...<P>Hugs, my friend,<P>Sheryl

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 700 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation