Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#356435 04/01/02 10:57 PM
N
OP Offline
N
Hi guys,<p>Well, tomorrow my daughter goes for her blood work. Her <censored> father is forking out the money for it - THANK GOD. Please say a prayer for her, will you?<p>Turns out I can't afford the tickets to get my son here, no matter what. So, my parents are going on vacation and have asked if I can house/pet sit for three weeks. They live about 100 miles from my kids (read: far enough away from David), and I will have any/all of my kids with me the entire time. It saves on hotel, vehicle (they'll leave one for me) and some food (they'll provide as much as possible)... I do still have to get one or all of those checks I need, and soon, to buy the ticket. Please pray for that too, k??? [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Anyway, good to see ya'll, and let's keep this thread alive for all of us to post updates, prayer requests and stuff, ya think? I like the history of it.<p>Love you all,

#356436 04/03/02 08:48 PM
P
P
Hi Sheryl,<p>I will pray for your daughter. I have a thyroid condition. I have to take 120 of lavaxal everyday. It is not too bad. One therory for my drastic weight gain this year is a)paxil and b) my thyroid being all over the place. I use to only have to take 100 but my thyroid issue has been going up and up.<p>It can be maintained and have no real issues as long as I take my meds. Not sure what has changed in my body. The only down side is that I have to get blood work done periodic to check my levels. Nothing too drastic. I also have to take a higher dose becuase livoxal can not be absorbed as easily while in the pill. (yes I still take it. Though I will never need it again [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] )<p>But my prayers are for your daughter and your plane ticket and money issues. ((((Sheryl)))))

#356437 04/04/02 01:18 AM
N
OP Offline
N
I could smack the snot out of my daughter right now. She DIDN'T go get the blood work...<p>She **says** it's because she doesn't think she's really sick, but I think it's her stupid dad. Let me explain. Her dad offered to pay for the tests, but I know him. If she's "not sick" he will make her regret having him pay for it for the rest of her life. I know, because I lived with the <censored> for 20 years, and he was NEVER understanding of anything that had to do with health. He'd let things go until he was almost dead before going to the doctor. In fact, once he cut his finger while working on the car, and I told him to clean it, he wouldn't of course and guess what? It got infected, and he STILL wouldn't go until the red line was going up his arm. He didn't want to go then either, but he was so dizzy he couldn't get out of bed, so I MADE him go. So, he ended up in the hospital with blood poisoning and had surgery to REMOVE his knuckle. Maybe they should have removed his knuckle-HEAD. But I digress... <p>So Miss ChickyPoo didn't call me, and we talk EVERY day and I knew she'd call after the test because I was so worried... and when she didn't call, I had "a feeling"... I just knew she hadn't gone. So, I called and asked her how it went at the lab, and found out I was right, she hadn't gone. I told her I was 100% against this, and she told me she is nearly 21 (true enough) and she'll take care of herself. At that point, I'm so worried and now pixxed, and I think to myself, Gee Girly, maybe a job would be in order then. Ya think? <p>So now she says she will *eventually* get the blood work, but in her own time.

#356438 04/04/02 09:15 AM
C
cl Offline
C
Morning Ladies,
Sheryl-your daughter is just being foolish! It sounds like maybe she is afraid to hear there is something physically 'wrong' with her so she avoids the blood test? It is such a simple easy thing to do, yet she chooses not to? Hmmmm, we could analyze this one to death! I guess you already tried the mother daughter guilt routine? How about begging? Sometimes it works with kids!
Paha, you sound better-more positive now. You will have ups and downs, but that is totally normal and expected. You can stop the pill for a few months but then will have to adjust the levoxyl again.
Find what you want and go for it!
All in all a rough week, but better than the last one. I am beginning to wonder if I will not learn peace in this life and if this is my journey?

#356439 04/04/02 09:30 AM
N
OP Offline
N
Honest to God, cl, I think it's that she's afraid there is NOTHING wrong, not the other way around. David is a... um... daunting presence... and he's already complaining because she spent $55 on an EKG (her heart was beating weird). It said she was fine but since that is ALSO a symptom of thyroid problems, that's why the Doc suggested this test.<p>Then, on top of it all, she's FINALLY feeling like she wants to be truly independent, and in truth, she *is* and adult now, so I have to detatch on this one. By the by, I did guilt, beg, cry, and anything else I could think of. It ticked her off. She's never *mean* to me or anything, but lately there's an underlying anger. Her life is not easy... she doesn't make it easier, but then... she's very much like her father. Stubborn and thinks she knows it all. Her mother has none of those qualities - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - NOT! Okay, okay... I crack myself up! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 682 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation