Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
OP Offline
I
It has occurred to me that in spite of the crap we are all going through we still have small victories in our life out side of our marriage that we should celebrate.<P>I'll start and then you tell me about yours.<P>I got an A+ on my Economny midterm (grad school) The average grade was a C and yet I got an A+. You know why I am proud of this? Becase I got this grade in spite of the emotional turmoil in my life. I feel good about that.<P>What about you? Something good must have happened to you in the midst of this. A compliment from someone. Something your kids said? Something you acomplished?<P>Let's get some good Karma going here. We could all use a post valentines day lift.<P>Acacia

K
K
Spring is here and new life is springing up everywhere, especially in this stale old marriage. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>We've spent more time together in the last month than we have in the last 10 years!<P>It's great! <P>Keo<P>P.S. Valentines Day was a romantic dinner in the city. He took me shopping and told me to pick out anything I want! (last time he did that was almost 15 years ago!)

I
OP Offline
I
Wow,<BR>That is inspiring!

S
S
Hello friends ,<BR>I got a beautiful bouqet of flowers, a card telling me.. I love you forever, a gift certificate for a day at the spa and really anyting I want. My Husband tells me every morning before he is off to work how much he loves me and that he is so very sorry for all<BR>the pain he caused me (every morning no kidding). He wants to make it right for the rest of our lives. I still have major up's and down's after almost 2 yrs in recovery.I hope that there comes a day when I don't think about it anymore.

C
C
Last week I got a huge promotion at work, along with a pretty 23% raise. <P>------------------<BR>Bonnie

T
T
<B>GREAT IDEA!!! I HATE THREADS IN WHICH WE SEEM TO COMPETE FOR THE "MISERY OF THE DAY" AWARD.</B><P>OTHER THAT W'S AFFAIR<B>S</B> EVERYTHING IS BRIGHT- BUSINESS IS FINALLY GOING THROUGH THE ROOF; MY DAUGHTER HAD STRAIGHT A's IN HER ENGLISH REPORT CARD & STRAIGHT 10's IN HER SPANISH ONE (SHE GOES TO A 100% BILINGUAL SCHOOL) & HER B-DAY PARTY WAS A BLAST; I NOW KNOW THAT I HAVE MORE FRIENDS THAN I EVER THOUGHT POSSIBLE; ETC, ETC, ETC. THE SUN IS BRIGHT AND... OH, MY GOD!! I GOTTA RUN OR I WON'T BE READY FOR MY FIRST APPOINTMENT TODAY!!!!!!! BYE GUYS.<P>------------------<BR><B>Live fully and always learn</B>

M
M
My triumph is that I just got a nice big raise at work. At least my boss thinks I'm terrific.

I
OP Offline
I
Wow!<P>Look at all of us. Look at all we are doing in spite of our pain! We are the strongest people in the world! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

T
T
IT'S FRIDAY<P>One of my son's made A B Honor Roll<P>My oldest son managed to pass everyting this 6 weeks.<P>I have a good movie to watch tonight.<P>Most of the housecleaning is already done for the weekend.<P>It's warm outside and it is almost time to buy Spring Plants.

B
B
Great Idea.<P>1st - I am able to post to this thread today!<P>I am going out of town this weekend to have some fun and do some "Shop Therapy" aka "Visa (M/C or Discover) Therapy" [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>My sister called me last night to set up a "Girl's Weekend" in Las Vegas in April! <P>Thoughts & Prayers,<BR>B<P>------------------<BR>There are deep sorrows and killing cares in life, but the encouragement and love of friends were given us to make all difficulties bearable. <BR>-- John Oliver Holmes<P>The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.<BR>-- Elie Wiesel<P><BR>

I
OP Offline
I
shopping therapy! I like that!

S
S
I get the kids this weekend and plan on having an incredible time. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>Allen<BR>sparky_dog_mb@yahoo.com

K
K
I started a new job in November(a promotion to another department in my company) and yesterday one of the supervisors from another department asked me a question concerning my job. I deal with the entire manufacturing plant in our quality system, anyway, after I answered his question, he asked,"Have you ever done this sort of work anywhere else?" I said that I hadn't, and he said,"Well, you do such a great job, you really picked this up fast." I felt so great! I only had about 6 hours training and then I took it over all by myself. If he only knew that half the time I'm flying by the seat of my pants! Just common sense. LOL <P>------------------<BR>Blessed be.<BR>****************<BR>Keridwen<P>Keridwen_7@yahoo.com

J
J
I am feeling so good about myself. H has been coming home every night right after work. Very big things!<P>Stac

I
OP Offline
I
Back to the top

K
K
H hasn't talked to OW for 6 whole days. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>Dare I hope that Plan A might be helping him overcome the addiction? <BR>

I
I
I nailed my huge test this week and got some much needed funding for my research project.<P>Not that I'm even trying or thinking about dating, two men asked me out last weekend. The bad part is, I was a little rude - I'm still a married woman who is desperately in love with her husband, even if he doesn't feel the same way.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 430 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation