Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#376714 04/21/00 02:42 PM
L
LMS Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I think it is time, it dosent hold anything but hurtfull memories and dreams I once had, so I think I am going to take it off. H never wore one so I know this is not a prov with him. But it is just hard to take something off that was such a big part of me.<P>Lesa<P>------------------<BR>"It took me quite a while to realize that <B>the real deal</B> is to be able to be enough of a person your own to know when somebody loves you and cares about you"<BR>----Stevie Ray Vaughan<P>"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and<BR> lean not unto thine own understanding." -Proverbs 3:5<BR>Take care and God Bless.<P> lms20ish@jobe.net

M
M
I wish that I had not taken my rings off. Now that H is home I do not know whether to put them on again or not.<P>If I had to do it over again I would not take them off until a divorce is signed sealed and delivered.<P>Thinking about you!

A
A
Lesa,<P>My prayers are with you.<P>May the Lord Bless You and Keep You,<BR>John

B
B
I took mine off and put it in safety deposit box, in envelope w/instructions that it be given to our son when he gets married. H never wore one either. H has attitude of single guy. I offered it to him, he refused it. I don't feel I can wear it again unless he makes great strides in marriage counseling, which we've committed to do until late summer, or early fall. It meant so much to me. Now it's a reminder of grief.<P><P>------------------<BR>Belle, Domestic Goddess

M
M
Lesa,<P>That's hard to do. It almost makes it more final than a divorce does. I took mine off a while ago.<P>You know where I am!!!!!! <P>Love ya,<BR>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

J
J
Lesa,<P>I understand. I took mine off awhile ago too. At that time I still had hope that my marriage would work so I put them in my Bible...Malachi 2:16 where it talks about how God hates divorce. I still have them there even though this divorce will probably be happening VERY soon. My H never said a word about it! <P>My prayers and thoughts are with you! <P>------------------<BR>"If you can learn from the mistakes of others, you won't have to make them youself."<P>lady_divine77@yahoo.com

J
J
If you are still in Plan A, I would not take it off. Plan A is about loving your spouse and offering love deposits despite his attitude toward you. If you still have love for him and it is not diminishing then taking off might be exactly what he wants now. If you are moving into Plan B, I would use that as a sign that it has started.<P>All my hopes and Prayers are for you!!!<P><BR>J W<BR>

B
B
I fell for you also, heres my problem though regarding ring, I am the btrayed and my W wore her ring during her affair with OM, now i want her to take off the ring just because she destroyed everything that the ring was supposed to be. Or will this too pass, And the last thing I want to do is take away from you LMS, just wanted you to know that I will keep you in my prayers and hope that you can find some peace.

G
G
I am the betrayed in our little saga. W has gone out numerous times without her band and it cuts me to the core. I used to take mine off at night but it has not been off my body (except one night) since D-Day 2 months ago. I use it as my reminder of my own determination to reconcile and rebuild (she has not decided yet). However, my W and I will soon separate and I may give it to her to return to me if she decides to come back. It will be a BIG adjustment to no longer wear it.<BR>

L
LMS Offline OP
OP Offline
L
well I figure since we will no longer be married VREY soon that I shloud not wear it. I want to but every time I look at it it hurts me. I have a locket with his pic in it that I dont know about. I have wore it since we met almost, But I am still fighting it, I just have to finish letting go, he has made his choice and its not me. but who knows in the future, maybe then I wont even want him but as it stands I still do and looking at the ring just hurts to much.<BR>Lesa<P>------------------<BR>"It took me quite a while to realize that <B>the real deal</B> is to be able to be enough of a person your own to know when somebody loves you and cares about you"<BR>----Stevie Ray Vaughan<P>"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and<BR> lean not unto thine own understanding." -Proverbs 3:5<BR>Take care and God Bless.<P> lms20ish@jobe.net

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (still seeking), 99 guests, and 79 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation