Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Y
OP Offline
Y
In a general sense (not looking for legal opinions) -- what has to be proven/done to get a restraining order against another party in a marriage that is dissolving due to infidelity?<P>Do you have to prove something dangerous about the person?<P>Paul

Y
OP Offline
Y
By the way - the other party I am referring to is the person my wife is having an affair with.<P>

R
RWD Offline
R
PM987<BR>I am interested in this too!

N
NSR Offline
N
Paul,<P>I'm up to bat for this question...<BR>Since I currently do have 2 restraining orders...<P>btw... My W's OM's name is Paul... I won't hold it against you... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>My situation may be different...<BR>My state(NJ) laws may be different...<BR>My assignment of type of judge may be different...<P>But here is MY story...<BR>My W found a guy on an Internet Chat room around this time last year....<P>Meets him physically Jan 4th... to physical contact...<P>Eventually leads to physical contact around Feb/Mar... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>W asks for a separartion on Easter Sunday!!!<BR>Discovery 2 days later!!!<P>She files for divorce 3 weeks later...<P>Then on 3 separate instances... my W starts to introduce (force down their throats...) the OM to my children... <BR>1. Daughter had a dance demonstrtion... I had to be with my son atthe same moment in time... so I couldn't stop it... Then OM played daddy for the day!<BR>2. Daughter has a year end dance recital... OM showd up... wanted to take my kids(all 3) for an ice cream... Did I ever LB! Cried... and cried... (so did my mom who was there)... Was almost arrested that day!<BR>3. I was on a business trip... yuck...<P>see my(NSR's) reply to RWD's post (<A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/010351.html" TARGET=_blank>Almost got arrested tonite!</A>)<P>After I counter-filed in late June(to start a custody-battle)... because a "docket #" was assigned to our divorce case... I was able to apply for a motion for the restraining orders(ROs)! Without the "docket #", I could not file a RO... according to my attorney!<P>The OM did not abuse the children... but I was damned if I was going to let him come in and start playing step-daddy... He was a complete stranger to me! An immoral... homewrecking stranger!<P>Quite a few things worth noting in my case...<BR>1. I got assigned an incredibly "moral" judge.<BR>2. I had a good (and very well spoken/written ) attorney.<BR>3. W's attorny was not anywhere near as literate (verbal or written skills) as mine!<BR>4. W was not taking advice to curtail contact with OM during divorce.<BR>5. W was stuffing down OM as "new man" in the kids life (her words... "new man")<BR>6. W schedule a vacation w/ OM... his kids... and my kids... in adjoining Motel rooms... without my consent!<BR>7. My W was seeing OM 3-4 days/week (ignoring the kids.)<BR>8. My W was trying to ask the judge to move out of state to be with OM and take the kids with her.<BR>9. OM was still married to his 2nd W.<BR>10. OM has a teenage son (arrested for burglary, arson, and in drug rehab.)<P>All of these were considerations in the judge given me 3 restraining orders!<BR>1. OM can't enter my house anymore<BR>2. OM can't have overnights with my kids<BR>3. Judge cancelled W's vacation (i.e. gave W choice... go w/ kids or OM but not both!)... she chose to go with OM!<P>btw... I never even asked for RO #3... the judge (a woman) just gave it to me as a freebie! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>These circumstances may be unusual...<BR>They all happened to work out in my case...<BR>No, the OM is not a serial killer to my knowledge... except for killing families... his own... and now mine! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>If you want more info... e-mail me...<BR>imherczeg@yahoo.com<P>Jim

M
M
In the state of Indiana, one came along with my filing for divorce. I guess it was kind of automatic? I wished I lived in Jims state. My H desserted his family for almost 2 weeks. Never called or saw the children for over a month and even now only attempts one call a week and when he does talk to them is very verbally abusive, but the judge around here is very pro man. in fact all 4 are. But I believe for 35.00 in my state you can file a restraining order on anyone.

Y
OP Offline
Y
Thanks for the info.<P>My story is going to top most people's on the board here.<P>W and I just had twins. She's been involved with another female for the last 6 months (yup - all during pregnancy).<P>OW is possessive and discourages W to visit with infants.<P>Believe I will have excellent grounds for a restraining order keeping this OW away from newborns and house.<P>Especially given OW is still married, lying to husband and attempting infertility treatments.<P>See - I told you I could beat most stories here... <g><P>So don't despair. There is always someone with a worse situation. At this point it seems that there is little left to do but argue for custody. Wife is as useless/senseless as if she were a heroin or crack addict.<P>Paul

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 380 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation