Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
L
Lora Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Yup, <P>I have a hot tub and am ready to party here. Come on over all.<P>Dragontraces SHHHH, we have to keep complaining so they don't all realize this is the most beautiful place in the world.<P>I Moved here from Wisconsin 20 years ago, and have never missed the winters there. But I do like some sun in June. Its coming out now... yea!<BR>lora<BR>

D
D
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lora:<BR><B>Yup, <P><BR>Dragontraces SHHHH, we have to keep complaining so they don't all realize this is the most beautiful place in the world.<P>I Moved here from Wisconsin 20 years ago, and have never missed the winters there. But I do like some sun in June. Its coming out now... yea!<BR>lora</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hey! As one of the 27 natives left and an Emmett Watson fan to boot, I'm usually the last to let the cat out of the bag! And I never even touched on winter weather.<BR>Let's see… It snows all the time. You have to wear parkas and anoraks one on top of the other when you check your mail… and that's if you have a door slot. How's that for a start?<P>You know, this is kind of a strange thread to say this on, but it just slammed into me full-force, so… My husband has always kind of hidden me and told only the version of me he has created that enables him to justify any dishonourable thing he chooses to do,if he mentions me at all. I always wonder if all these people who have heard these "interpretations" ever wonder how such a rotten woman manages to force this wonderful guy to stay. (24 year relationship, 5 years married. I'd guess he knew how awful I was by the time he asked me to marry him. I know that's a 2-way street, but I don't make up anything about him, least of all to get support from other people for my ill-treatment of him.)Guess the pokes at my beloved home struck a chord. If Seattle is so crappy, why has everyone moved here? If I'm so crappy, why does he want me? Maybe Seattle and I have a bit more to offer than is generally known. Gotta go, this is getting too deep and philosophical even for me!!<P>

L
Lora Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Dragontraces,<P>yup, I know what you mean. We dated for 7 years before marriage, and he was the one pushing most of that time for it. Now 10 years later we have always had problems? That old memory loss.<BR>Lora

S
S
Hey Lora....<P>I move to Washington 13 years ago from Wisconsin... don't miss the winters either.<P>my H ... we've been married 18+ years and dated 5 years before we married...now its...."I should have never married you.... this is the first time in my life I'm happy...I was pretending"<P>when my brother in law called once to hear my H's side of the story, my H said ..."we're getting a divorce and how about those Packers".... made me feel real good........s

L
Lora Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Sciock,<P>LOL, I'm just surprized he put you before the packers. I am from about an hour North of Green Bay. How about you?<P>I swear those winters in Wisconsin have less snow then when I was growing up, must be that global warming or else the oldtimers syndrome... When I was young we had to walk through snow drifts......... LOL<BR> <BR>They give me a hard time cause I told them we had dry rain out here.<BR>Lora<P><BR>

S
S
Lora...<P>Born and raised in the BEER CITY !!!<BR>Milwaukee.............<P>Went home last june for a month... almost melted from the humidity... my oldest son almost passed out !!!!<P>How is your situation going ????<P>Mine is the pits...........s<BR>

L
Lora Offline OP
OP Offline
L
S,<BR> Sorry to hear your situation isn't going well. I actually had a little hope this week. My H seemed to take a few of those famous baby steps. Of course he still went out after work. I feel a little better about hanging in there and my path in this.<BR>Lora

M
M
Hey,Scoick,<BR> After 22 years,I also got the"I never should of married you,what was I thinking of?"Must be in the manual.These stories here all start to sound alike after a while.While you got"I was pretending",I got"I was acting".<BR> So,I guess you married The Great Pretender,and I married Elizabeth Taylor.<P> You're right,Lora,<BR> A person would have to be out of their mind to live in a God-forsaken place like this.All it does is rain.On top of that,we have to sit around listening to the slugs moaning all the time!<P> --Murph

S
S
Hey Murphy.........<P>ok, one night I LB'd... and said if you were prentending, you should give up your job and GO TO HOLLYWOOD !!! LOL....s

S
S
To all.....<P>I used to LOVE the city of Seattle... until my H had the OW fly from the other country and spend the week ther with her... now I can't even stand to hear the city mentioned or much less watch northwest cable news... they show the spaceneedle... oh he showed her all around the town.... makes me mad... I always wanted to go there with him alone for a week or so... but no, I always stayed back with the kids... the good mom here..(he has complaints about that too) sent him off for the training there... and here all the time she as waiting for him....<P>sorry for the ramble......<P>Hey if people are serious about meeting there sometime.... I need to get the heck out of here for a few days....I have no family here.... all back in wisconsin... you should see my phone bill....s

M
M
Heartache is right!!! If there is a party in Washington...count me in!!! I'm actually planning on visiting there, hopefully by the end of summer.<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

K
K
Hey, Washingtonians! Just wait until Rainier or Mt. Baker blows again!!! Any one know how much ash you are already sitting on? That's why the soil is so fertile. I'll take our mostly slow and sneaky little earthquakes in CA anyday rather than flea an erupting Cascade range volcano!

D
D
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by scoick:<BR><B>Hey........ I'm right over the border in Idaho... maybe 6 hours from Seattle....<BR>Raining here too........</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Six hours from Seattle, eh? Sounds very familiar… I lived in Cd'A for awhile about 4 years ago. In fact, my son has been in Idaho for the past 2 years, Post Falls for a while and back to Cd'A for about a year. <P>

M
M
Scoick,<BR> That is so weird!A couple times I told my W(also in a letter)that if she was acting all these years she should go to Hollywood.Of course,I also told her she needed serious,professional help...... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> Karenna,<BR> Where's your sense of adventure?<P> Mitz,<BR> Bring the slug bait.<P> --Murph

U
U
Is "I was just real horny" any better than pretending? I heard that once..but then I have heard many other obsurd statements also. <P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>cozy

M
M
Cozy,<BR> "I was just real horny?" That's pathetic.Did you suggest a Playboy mag,and a jar of vaseline?At least my W said she just couldn't help it,"I fell in-love".How convenient!<P> --Murph

M
M
My H said I was a B***H! LOL LOL LOL <P>Hey Murph, have you ever tried beer for the slugs. Put it in a shallow dish and they'll drown in it! Honest! <P>Mitz

L
Lora Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Mitzi,<P>I've done the beer thing, but the slugs are so big here that you are left with a pan full of bloated drunk slug bodies you have to dispose of..yuck!<BR>Lora

H
H
Mitzi:<P>How 'bout I pick you up on my way out to the left coast from here in the Washington, DC, area? I'm ready for a change and I've always wanted to go to Seattle. Only been in the airport on my way to Alaska. <P>H is on a two-week long business trip. The Banana Slug (my new pet name for OW) is not with him (hooray) but I'm afraid to ask who he's met on the internet. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Hmm...is there a connection between software professionals and infidelity...or is the connection because geeks like me tend to turn to the internet for answers???<P>Hope all is well for you Lora. Our heat wave is over and it's a grey, dreary day here as well. --HBC

M
M
HBC,<P>Hey! You're only about 3 hours from me. Maybe not even that far. I have a cousin who lives in Woodbridge, VA and my stbx in laws live part-time in Baltimore. <P>I definately need a change too. I'm just about ready for a permanent change. I would love to try living somewhere else. I've lived here all my life and I'm starting to get restless.<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation