Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Hi everyone. We’re back from vacation. This might be a longish post, please forgive the rambling, but I want to share with everyone who’s helped me. <P>As some may know, I desperately wanted to back out of the trip. I just couldn’t stand the thought of being with him when he didn’t want me. But at the last minute, I suddenly realized that if I didn’t go I would never know. Besides, what if … (that’s the eternal optimist in me). Anyhow, I did some mad packing, and went on a last minute shopping spree (had to get a swim suit & nightie – the sexiest things I could find that were still decent enough for the kids). Thanks to my recent dieting & exercise routine, I knew my body was looking downright fantastic! <P>The first couple of days he spent with our oldest, playing tennis, golf, fishing – whatever sport was away from the hotel while I was with the younger ones. I hardly saw him except at dinner – but I did notice him giving me some curious, almost surprised, looks. I was as sweet as possible (my tongue was pretty sore tho).<P>The kids met a couple of children their age who were with their dad. Their dad & I spent a lot of time together just because the kids were practically glued to each other, and we were both by ourselves. He was a lovely man and we got along very well. About the third day, my husband mentioned that every time he saw me, this man was beside me. That brought my only LB of the trip. Without thinking, I blurted “And you’re not!”<P>The entire trip changed that day. From then on he stayed close, activities suddenly became family-oriented and when the kids went off, he spent the time with me. He started complementing me, arranged a special dinner for us, and started flirting! with me. He kept commenting on my figure (it wasn’t so bad before) and how I looked (amazing what new clothes & a bottle of Clairol can do) and how people were looking at me (he knows darn well that I’m not out to attract attention – well, other people’s attention that is). He even wanted to hold hands!<P>His attitude has completed changed – he’s attentive, romantic and affectionate. I didn’t want to come back - reality may set in again. <P>Tonight is the first night in 2 weeks we’re not sharing a room with the kids, so who knows … <P>SALP (the thinner, blonder, more tanned version)<BR><p>[This message has been edited by sayalittleprayer (edited July 21, 2000).]

L
L
Yaaaaa! I want to go on your vacation!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Lora

P
P
Aren't you glad you gave it one more try? Amazing what a little togetherness and a positive attitude will do. I hope it continues to progress for you!

B
B
Hello SALP, I don't rmeember reading you before but wanted to "high five" you. <P>Thanks to the help of a dad alone with his kids, who glued themselves to your kids, your H got a vision of what life could be for you both if he were attentive and kind. I'm so glad for you. Maybe Providence put that family close by you.<P>And the LB, it was the perfect little touch to push your H into a new pattern. Not a LB at all!<P>Keep Plan A'ing.<P><BR>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 155 guests, and 134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969, Jmoor9090
71,845 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation