Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Lora Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Woke up this morning crying. So much for being stronger last week,today it's another dip in the rollercoaster. My H went out till 3 am last night on the only time I could have seen him for my birthday. Seems he made a special effort to avoid me.<P>I have plans to have dinner with a friend, but feel rather pathetic that I kind of had to hint around that I had nothing to do. <P>Heres to a better bithday a year from now. Somehow something will be better!<BR>Lora<P>

N
NSR Offline
N
No matter what...<P>You have friends here...<BR>...and... we all wish you a Happy Birthday. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Times are hard...<BR>...lean on us... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

S
SKM Offline
S
Lora -<P>Happy Birthday, I guess it's belated now though. I felt similar on my birthday. I told my H that if he had to shop around on the day of my birthday to get me a present, that I didn't want one (at the time, I didn't feel like I was a priority to him). So what did I end up with? A cordless phone, yippee. And this, one month into recovery. Yeah, he didn't have to get me anything - and the card he picked out was really nice, but why is it that these special occasions mean so much to me?<P>We all want to feel special. And whether your H thinks so or not, the people here (myself included) have read your posts and have gotten a sneak peek at how wonderful you are. I hope things get better for you. Take Care.

L
L
Happy Birthday, Lora. <P>Hold on, ok? Times can change a lot.<P>Last year on August 4th, Robert came home early so that he and Kristin could take me out to dinner for my birthday. His first words to me "I'll go, it's important to Kristin, but I'm warning you, I'm not gonna eat much, PT and I had a 2 hour lunch." His family was planning a surprise party for me, they were gonna come to set up when we left the house and be there when we came home. He called and told his mom not to bother, he was locking the door. And the evening was horrible. The next day he left.<P>THIS year, on my birthday, we're leaving that morning to spend 6 days in my favorite place in the world, somewhere WE'VE never been together before in a romantic little villa in the middle of NOWHERE. He keeps saying "I want this to be so special for you." He's made plans to celebrate w/ Kristin the night before and his family when we return.<P>What a difference a year makes!<P>Chin up, Sweetie. You're a great person and great things are ahead for you. We're all here for you.<P>Love,<P>Lori

L
Lora Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks Jim, I know you all understand. I so appreciate that you all are here to lean on.<P>SKM, nope you are not late. It is today, but because we work opposite shifts I won't see H at all today. He was off yesterday so it would have been the only time he was here in the evening. I guess it hurts so much because he always made such a big deal out of birthdays and anniversaries in the past. Now our annivesay is coming up August 10th too. Thanks for the kind words, I am not much of a typist, more of a reader, so I know my posts seem a little breif.<BR>Lora

O
O
Lora: HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>We love you, yeah, yeah, yeah! (think Beatles tune)<P>Print out Lostva's message and read it over and over again.<P>I AM A BELIEVER. MIRACLES DO HAPPEN!<P>Peace, ~Marie<P>P.S. Dear Lostva: Once again, you move me to tears.....tears of JOY, of course [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. Thank you for sharing your story! ~Marie

L
Lora Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Ahh Lori,<BR>What would we do without you and your positive stories? Are you sure you are not a MB plant put here to encourage us when we are down? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Because you always do.<P>Marie,<BR>Thanks, I love you all too and pray we all get miracles happening in out lives.<BR>Lora<BR>

F
F
Happy Birthday, Lora!<P>Whatever happens, may the future ultimately work together for your best growth and long term happiness.<P>We are defined by so much more than just our marriages. <P>I hope you discover everything you want to be and everything you hope to have [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

S
S
Lora,<P>i am still pretty new here, but Happy Birthday! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] birthdays, anniversaries, holidays....so hard to get through. they always were so much fun and so very special. i hope they will be again. as Marie said, "miracles do happen". i keep telling myself that, too. it's a long, winding road back to happiness, with alot of potholes to avoid falling into. wishing you happiness SW

R
R
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{LORA}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}<P>Happy, Happy Birthday My Dear Friend!<P>I know this one's gonna be tough for you, I know H is your family and because he's being such a class A Schmuck you won't get the attention from him that you so rightly deserve. Can I whack him one with a 4x4 tomorrow while he's sleeping? Is that your BDay wish??? One 4x4 adjustment coming up for Lora's BDay, minus the nails. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>So like Lostva said, next year will be better for you. I really believe that in my heart.<P>In the meantime, it's you and me at breakfast tomorrow at Le Bistro, my treat of course. Say 9:30 or 10:00, you pick. Just let me know.<P>Love ya,<BR>Jo

A
A
Lora,<BR> Happy Birthday [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> Here is wishing you the best of everything in the coming year,you know the MB family loves you!bethn

L
Lora Offline OP
OP Offline
L
FHL,<BR>Thanks. We will all be better in one way or another for this. Does growth always have to be so painful?<P>SW, yes the special occasions are hard when they are not so special anymore [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jo, Thanks for being there for me so much in the past few weeks. He will be home late so sneak in about 4am and whack him with whatever is handy. LOL Looking forward to breakfast.<P>Beth, Thanks for the good wishes. Thinking of you too.<P>So an update.. H left me a card and a hanging basket and a couple of books that I had mentioned a few weeks ago. No call though. I guess i should be gratefull he thought of me at all, but I am upset thinking of him going out after work tonight with her. I have a strong urge to show up at their usual spot and ask him to buy me a drink for my birthday.. probably kind of a big LB. Jo has said she would go with tho, should I take her up on it?<BR>Lora<P>

M
M
<BR> "HAPPY BIRTHDAY,LORA!!!" 29,and Holding,Right? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> Sorry it ain't so happy. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> <BR> If I could,I'd sing Happy Birthday to you.<BR> When you heard my terrible singing voice,THAT would make you laugh!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> What can I send you for a gift?<BR> A new BMW?<BR> A trip to Hawaii?<BR> Some Chippendale Dancers? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> Let me know!<P> I hope next year's will be happier for you.<BR> Try to enjoy this beautiful weekend!<P> ~~Murph [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P> <P>

T
T
Happy birthday Lora! I know how you feel. My H always made my birthdays so special. This past one I went away by myself.<P>I'm planning on doing the same thing for christmas....but not alone...with the kids. <P>Keep reading the inspirational stories...I find them comforting myself. I pray that I'll one day have an inspirational story myself. Inthe meantime it can be hard to get through some days... special ones are the hardest!!<P>I'd send you a bouquet of sunflowers from my back yard! My kids planted them and they are just beginnig to bloom!!!

M
M
Happy Birthday to you!<BR>Happy Birthday to you!<BR>Happy Birthday dear Lora!<BR>Happy Birthday to you!<P>(((((((HUGS)))))))<BR>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

L
Lora Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hi Murph,<BR>Going out to bfast with Jo today. I hope she didnt kill my H last night when she gave him that tap on the head with a 2x4. I f she did I guess I will have to return the favor as our alfred Hitchockish type plan. You people here are the only one that know we know each other. So I think we are safe.<P>To trusting and Mitzi,<BR>Thanks for the bithday wishes.<BR>Lora

M
M
Lora,<P>Tell Jo "hello!" from all of us!!! Have a good time at breakfast and give 'em a few WHACKS with that 2x4 from us!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

D
D
Lora,<P>Happy Belated Birthday!! <P>Sorry to hear it wasn't so great, like Lori said, a lot can happen in a year. Hang in there.<BR>{{HUGS}}<BR>Dana<BR>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 148 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Lost@1969, Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T
71,842 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation