Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
NSR Offline OP
OP Offline
N
For the current list of ==> <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum29/HTML/000554.html" TARGET=_blank>Notable Posts/Threads</A><P>If there is a thread that sticks out in your mind… a <B>notable post/thread</B>…<BR>One that can be helpful to many others…<BR>One that has profound content…<BR>One that gives guidance not found anywhere else…<BR>One that inspires…<P>Make a reply here of <B>where</B> you saw it.<BR>By using the "Search" facilities of MB, look for it and let us know the…<BR>"subject"… "who posted it originally"… "approximate date"… and the category you think it should be in.<P>If you'd like to start a new category… mention that too!<P>I will, to the best of my ability, include your recommendations… without regard to personal opinions.<P>(Now taken over by <B>OneGoing</B>)<p>[This message has been edited by NSR (edited December 29, 2000).]

P
P
Jim, <P>I don't know how you feel about people recommending their own post, but I am actually thinking more of the great replies I got to my 'Liz Smith' A Story of Forgiving - for Everyone, Nov. 21, 99. (It can also be pulled up by searching POGP, I don't know how you make the links, but obviously you do.) <P>The responses were all so thought provoking on the whole process of forgiving, when, how, whether to say something or not, etc. <P>Also, I can't help but think that if I had waited till he deserved it to say I forgave my h., we'd be separated and on the road to divorce now. Instead, to quote him, "we are better together than we have ever been in our marriage." Credit goes to God first, and MB a close second.<P>great idea, thanks for the work!<P>lizzie\pearl<P>------------------<BR><BR>"I have found the Pearl of Great Price"<BR>

W
W
Jim,<P>The post "SUSE Pontificates" gave me an understanding of this disease called in fidelity.<P>Also ThisAlex's second post had a responce by Genie29, that completely turned my life around.<P>Bill<P><BR><P>------------------<BR>BB<BR>

W
W
Jim,<P>The post "SUSE Pontificates" gave me an understanding of this disease called in fidelity.<P>Also ThisAlex's second post had a responce by Genie29, that completely turned my life around.<P>Bill<P><BR><P>------------------<BR>BB<BR>

N
NSR Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Bill...<P>I'll be honest... I can't do the "searching" for you... or others... <BR>It takes too long for me to find/guess which was the post that had <B>your</B> specific content of interest.<P>So, if you can search and then give me the "subject/topic"(as close as possible to the <B>actual</B>) then I can easily add it to the "notables".<P>I found "SUSE Pontificates"... because it was the subject...<P>Thanks for understanding... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim<p>[This message has been edited by NSR (edited February 03, 2000).]

H
H
I did a little searching and was disappointed to find that so much of what has been shared here over the past year and a half is now gone....there was some good stuff by some great people who have moved on for the most part. I did find a post that was written by an unfaithful spouse and thought it might have some insight to offer to those who come here looking for help. I would put it in the In Recovery section. The subject is "How to rebuild my spouse's trust" and the original post was by redman. The date was on or before 8/23/99.

W
W
Jim,<P>I finally took time to look this up...<P>This is the thread that erevocably changed me<P>Genie29's reply is brilliant...<P>TODAY I LOST IT!!! it's this Alex's post<P>Is this how you want us to post these to you??<P>Bill<P><P>------------------<BR>BB<BR>

N
NSR Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Yes... Bill...<P>This is the best way for me to find it...<P>If you could recommend the "category" too...<P>For this one I read it and saw it was for "Plan A".<P>Bless you my brother...<P>Jim

P
P
Jim,<BR>Not really sure if you are still checking this but airheart's post on recreational companionship is really good. <P>------------------<BR>Love and Prayers<BR>Nicole smile

H
H
I'm kind of uncomfortable recommending my own post, but NSR asked me to.....<P>I began a thread on the In Recovery section titled "Things my husband did to rebuild trust", for anyone who is interested.<P>------------------<BR>"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31<P>

T
T
There is a good post about cognitive therapy for treatment of depression at <BR> <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum15/HTML/000216.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum15/HTML/000216.html</A> <P>It contains links to a few posts by Francis explaining it and I just added a link to an outside reference that also explains it.<P>That link is a page on <A HREF="http://www.depression.com" TARGET=_blank>www.depression.com</A> which has a LOT of info for dealing with depression.

S
S
There have been some recent encouraging updates in Recovery- I would think that would help others and many never read that board.<P>Mine "Where is the beaming face icon?"<P>Lor "From d/d to recovery"<P>Lostva "An amazing breakthrough"<P>And new ones are coming from Mercy and SamH. All in the last two weeks!!

B
B
This post by JustThere says what I wish my husband could have read BEFORE he became the WS!! Also, I actually sent it to the OW and even she said the list was wonderful.<BR> <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum31/HTML/001522.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum31/HTML/001522.html</A> <P>

C
C
This Update post by Kat1 was what made me cross the line from lurker to poster (and I haven't shut up since! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] ) It was one of the most inspirational posts I've seen here at MB: <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum31/HTML/000763.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum31/HTML/000763.html</A>

N
NSR Offline OP
OP Offline
N
<B>schizzo</B>... I'm sorry I didn't notice this earlier!<P><B>brighterdays</B> and <B>Carolina Belle</B>...<P>...it's done!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

W
W
Jim - I recommend HarryHat's "Who is this person I married?" thread currently running on General Questions II. An informative exchange of how WSs adapt to their OPs.<P>WAT

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (3 invisible), 281 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation