Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#401271 06/21/00 11:07 PM
A
alien Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Am I doing wrong or right? I don't know. Maybe I screwed up. Tonight, my H's best friend wanted to go to a bar w/my H. His wife is suffering from cancer, wanted to talk to my H. They haven't talk to each other much lately because of his W's cancer and our problem, but I knew his friend wanted to talk to my H for a long time. A couple days ago, since I was doing good on PlanA, I told my H "it's ok to go to a bar with him." (I was half smiling and half crying.) Stupid me! It's a small town, he might run into the OW at the bar. Did I do this wrong? He said he's going to tell me if anything happens. (He didn't tell me when the OW called him a couple weeks ago though). There is always possibilities that they run into each other at a place like a bar, which was the A started to take a place in the first place. What am I doing let that happen? Dr. H says absolutely no contact, doesn't he? One thing is my H hadn't totally agreed w/MB principles. If I say "don't go here and there" "don't do this and that" will be LBs. Maybe nothing happens tonight, but do I let him go everytime? I can't do that. She might even find out he's out there every week. I don't know what to do.

N
NSR Offline
N
alien,<P>When... "Dr. H says absolutely no contact, doesn't he?"...<BR>...that applies when you are in recovery...<P>Are you in recovery yet?...<P>In a small town... it will be almost impossible to not have occasional contact.<P>Don't let this drive you up the wall!<P>Praying for you... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

A
alien Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thanks Jim,<BR>No we are not in recovery yet... I'd like to, but not sure how much he wants to... We'll both have a session with Dr. H, so I'm waiting for that.<P>He came home and told me that they saw her car at the parking lot, so went to a different bar. Avoided a contact just by accident, if they'd gotten there first, she'd come in. <P>Then my H said he told that he might go there to another common friend of my H and the OW, I'm sure she heard it from him and waited for my H to come in. SHE IS AFTER HIM. Her H is divorcing her, she has nothing to lose anymore.<P>I mentioned my H about a wierd phone call from our phone company, a woman asked me if we were moving and disconnecting our phone, her reason asking me was "I might have wrote down a wrong number when the customer called." A phone company wrote down a wrong phone #, and didn't ask the customer's name? Give me a break! It's a small town and it's frightening, she could have her friends anywhere.<P>Another thing bugged me was that I didn't tell him about this phone call until last night because I thought he'd think I'm paranoid and crazy. He didn't, and even tried to think of who that could be instead.<P>I guess the woman could call from anywhere and has nothing to do with phone co. I know I'm in too much detail and that doesn't matter, just can't help venting out somehow!<P>Maybe we have to take some kind of action to cut contact off... I suppose it comes back to if my H will agree to follow MB or not. All right, I'm done. Thanks for letting me talk!

L
L
Alien: You mentioned you and your husband were going to have a session with Dr. H. Is this something my husband and I can request?

A
alien Offline OP
OP Offline
A
lostsoulmate,<BR>It's a telephone counseling with Dr. H. 888-639-1639 to make an appo, or click "counsel" under "Marriage Builders" banner at the top of this forum, you'll get more info on counseling. It's $95 for a session and it's worth it...

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 672 guests, and 84 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation